[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

soc, how do you feel about online relationships? are they real?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: received_120300001273417144.jpg (23KB, 606x604px) Image search: [Google]
received_120300001273417144.jpg
23KB, 606x604px
soc, how do you feel about online relationships? are they real? are they a scam? if youre in one tell me about it, if you got out of one tell me why
>>
They're pointless. They will only make you more lonely
>>
Only engage in one if there's a real possibility that you won't be apart after ~6 months. I had a girlfriend move upstate and we did long distance for far too long. It killed our relationship
>>
>>24820284
I've been in one for almost a year now, it's been going well. I guess as long as u guys support each other and are kept updated with recent events there shouldn't be a problem.
are they real? the same can be asked about pretty much any kind of relationship. I myself am extremely introverted and can't even hold a conversation for more than a minute, so social interactions are difficult for me and things just go a lot more smoothly over the interwebz.
I don't really crave for physical intimacy either, just knowing that I am loved is enough. we don't trade lewds or anything cuz she's like 4/10 and really self-conscious but she's got a good heart
overall 8.5/10
>>
I've never been in one myself but one time two of the moderators on a Minecraft server I used to go on got involved in one and when they broke up it made things really awks
>>
>>24820360
having an online relationship because you're introverted is stupid. you're gonna have to meet eventually if you want it to last.
>>.
I've been in a long distance for about 2 1/2 years. Met irl a couple of times and it's pretty decent. I more than likely will be moving to his area rather than vice versa. Mostly having an end goal makes online relationships worth it. Keeping up with hobbies to do and being intimate is hard but if you're into it then go for it anon.
>>
>>24820414
>you're gonna have to meet eventually if you want it to last.

Not really true. I had a 6 year long online relationship. We never met.

I'd be more concerned with the dude calling his girlfriend a 4/10 as a symbol of whether or not their relationship is healthy.
>>
if you meet eventually, they're okay, but the likelihood of one partner cheating or one partner not taking the relationship seriously is high.

i met my bf on 4chan and we met after 3 months and then continued to meet up for two years then moved in together. so it's possible but i don't recommended it.
>>
>>24820525
nah she called herself 4/10 and desu if I posted her on a rate thread I'm sure some people would agree but I won't do that
>>24820414
it's just the initial opening up part that I find difficult, after getting to know each other for a bit, things get a lot more smooth sailing. I have a few close friends still, but I knew them from early highschool, feels like I was less of an introvert back then, as I get older social interactions just become more of a chore, perhaps it's the fear of rejection or a feeling of inadequacy. I don't know. When we meet I'm sure we'd be just fine cuz it's been some time now.
>>
A lot of mixed opinions, interesting
>>
>>24820284
I have been in one for 11 months, will see her in July.
People talk shit about LDR because a lot of people can't help but find their way into a strangers pants if they spend more than a month away from their partner. But if you find the right person who you can trust (and if you are a good person yourself) it can work, and it will with some effort.
>>
I think they can work but like some people have been saying as long as you can see each other sometimes or at least have some sort of endgoal. Plus with things like skype and webcams being a normal thing everyone has access to I think it's easier than ever.
My best friend was in one for three years, they now live together and are going on their eighth year together.
>>
i've been in more than i can count, and i can say with absolute certainty that they do not work. they are a colossal waste of time and energy, and no matter how close you want to be to them, it will never be close enough. they will abandon you
>>
I've been in a long-distance relationship for a year. Even though we lived in the same time zone (he was from NYC, I'm from Montréal) it was quite difficult to maintain a constant contact between us. Studying and volunteering kept me busy. Furthermore, my parents are very strict so I couldn't Skype with him when they were around.

He came to my city once, but he chickened out. It was the first and the last opportunity we had to meet up. :^)

Our relation went bad when he started having trust issues. No matter how many times I tried to reassure him, he became suspicious and overly controlling. The pressure was too intense for both of us, so we broke up.
>>
>>24822879
>Montréal
Don't know if you're looking for a new relationship or not, but I'm from Mtl too if you wanna see if we click.
>>
>>24822828

Sounds promising, it seems really difficult but rewarding in the end
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.