[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /soc/, I have to make a paper for my Philosophy class. Would

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Hey /soc/, I have to make a paper for my Philosophy class. Would you guys mind helping me by answering a few questions / sharing stories?

>How old are you?
>What do you do for work?
>What motivates you to go to work? (Other than money if anything)
>What do you do for fun?
>Is your current job your dream job? If not what is?
>What motivates you to live

Thanks guys, and if there are any curious philosophy nerds in the thread I have to write a paper on existential crisis's.
>>
>>24649670

What if we're still studying ? Is it okay ?
>>
Sure ill help

>How old are you?
I am a chef in a small restaurant and i bartend sometimes in a small concertvenue
I love cooking food with my colleague chefs, one of them is my best friend. I also enjoy figuring out new exciting recipes or tweak my pattiserie recipes to perfection.
>What do you do for fun?
Smoke weed, vidya, have sex with my bf, eat a lot
Yes and no. I love being a chef but u wouldnt mind being a part time chef in a more high end restaurant. I dont like the bartending job, im trying to get rid of it.
Making my father proud (he was also a chef and he has done some great things in big kitchens)
To find someone to share my life with, someone i will be able to depend on emotionally but also financially (i have had to maany bfs who had no job and i had to pay for everything because i work 6 days a week)
Good luck with your paper
>>
>>24649703
Yes, school can be your job. If you're unemployed that's okay too
>>
>>24649723
Thank you anon :)
>>
>>24649670
>27
>customer support
>secure my future / learn and intellectual stimulation
>smoke weed / worship music / play smart games
>it's a step
>fantasy (ies)
>>
>How old are you?
accountant
Nothing really. If I was rich I wouldn't spend 10 hours a day doing accounting.
>What do you do for fun?
Motorcycles, working out, mountain biking, grandkids
I'd love to do portfolio investing or angel investing if I had the money. But if you asked me this question when I was younger I would have probably said work on motorcycles.
Strangely enough (or not), I just don't want to die before my wife and parents. My wife lost both her parents and my parents have already lost two kids and a grandkid so I'd rather not add to their sorrow. When those three die I'm OK with dying. But for now I have fun things to do and will keep doing them.
>>
>>24649864
Thank you anon, I needed an example from an older person so this helps a lot
>>
>How old are you?
I'm 20 years old.
I'm a Art student, preparatory year.
Well in a good mood I'd say the fact that I'm happy to learn and apply elements That passionate me. Now we're all here for different reasons I do focus my work on intelectual and thoughtful development and this is what stimulates me.
Think and create, vice-versa. Discovering new stuff, emerging concepts.
>What do you do for fun?
Reading and writing. Painting, drawing, talking, arguing.
When I'm super bored I can spend hours watching videos then proceed to hate myself because of the loss of time.
I'm not sure about what could be any more interesting even if I do sometimes have a lack of motivation. I suppose working on something else should be a living hell to me.
Greatness, wonders, void.
Maybe the fact I'm lucky enough to live, to feel, to smell, to think.
And I shall profit of this very short period before coming back in infinity, forever.
I want to achieve exploits, beat the fuckers on The Madman's Diagonal, show that the mind of a Man, his ideology can transcend the mere length and width while I can.
>>
>>24650087
Thanks anon!
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 124x111px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 124x111px
>>24649670
>How old are you?
General building, for a property developer.
Not a lot. I actually really struggle with getting motivated for work. It's a fairly physical job usually and as I'm getting older it seems to totally drain me of energy. I think I should start retraining in something I can work from home doing.
>What do you do for fun?
Making shitty dub music, MtBiking, hiking, fishing, electronics and home brewing.
No. I've no idea what my dream job would be. I've thought about this question a lot. It certainly wouldn't be any of my hobbies as the pressure of work would take all the fun out of it. I guess ideally a slightly better paid job that I could work less would be ideal. Not really bothered what the job is as long as the people I work with are nice and work was challenging.
Not a great deal right now. I've hit a real low point in life right now, hoping to change that soon and get things back on track.
>>
>>24650274
This is a very helpful answer, thank you anon. Your struggle with your job reminds me of Sisyphus. You just need to overcome the boulder
>>
>>24651066
Thanks for the advice. It always amazes me how most of us just fall into jobs I've never had much interest in any of the jobs I've had really. I guess other than them paying the rent and bills. So many people work 40+ hours a week in jobs that don't really give them anything back. Hey ho
>>
>>24649670
>How old are you?
On-call technician
A passion for engaging with technology as well as meeting new people and potentially forging new friendships as a result of services rendered.
My son having a role model as well as stability in his upbringing.
>What do you do for fun?
Tons of hiking+420 (solo 90% of the time, pic related) - vidya - filming any given thing
I can honestly say that it is; Circumstance has afforded me a very comfortable lifestyle as well as the ability to earn by doing something that
I'm truly happy to do.
I enjoy what we refer to as feeling content. As well as the many, many physical pleasures to be visited and re-visited time and time again.
>>
File: legstuff.jpg (2MB, 1801x3203px) Image search: [Google]
legstuff.jpg
2MB, 1801x3203px
>>24651226
of course i'd forget the picture. sigh.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.