[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are relationships worth it? A lot of you seem to have/had one

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

Are relationships worth it?

A lot of you seem to have/had one and I am at a low enough point to ask 4chan for any sort of advice...

So do you think you can have something worthwhile with another person or is it better to just be a lonely little fuck?
>>
>>24634482
It's better to be single then in a shitty relationship but some relationships are to die for
>>
>>24634505
u ever had a good one?
>>
Way better to be alone. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldnt bother chading around and moving in and out of relationships. I dont even think I am capable of falling in love anymore. At least you have that chance.
>>
>>24634482
No. It makes you feel good for a while but it always end like shit. I've been in three relationships, the longest being two years, and it wasn't worth it. I'd rather have an endless string of ONS and fuckbuddies than having a girlfriend again.
>>
>>24634482
I have been in many relationships, but I have also been single for a few years now.

While a relationship is certainly fun, I'm very happy being by myself as well. I have many life projects and I move around a lot, so another person would feel like a burden to me. There are some days I miss being with someone, but ultimately, I'm happier alone.

I think relationships can definitely be worthwhile. It is nice to have someone to trust and rely on. It's up to each person I guess.
>>
>>24634482

Yes, they're worth it. It's an investment. I roll my eyes at the weebs on here complaining about girls taking all their time and money or cheating on them. Probably cause you're fucking doing it wrong.

I think what's important is to be realistic. Real relationships aren't perfect, you aren't always going to love each other like the first time or be attractive to each other like when you first met or even always be able to stand one another 24/7, it doesn't work like that.

At the end of the day though, you still love the other person and they love you and you're a team. It's about the overall net positive sometimes rather than the individual moment to moment wins and highs.
>>
>>24634482
no they're a fucking waste of time and effort just buy a dog
>>
>>24634482
(Assuming you're a het male.)

Do you actually *LIKE* women? Like, as people?

There seem to be a ton of misogynist idiots who try to have a stable relationship and obviously fail, then rage and whine about how it's not worth it.

Literally just become gay if you can't really love women.

If you do love (at least some) women as actual human beings, then sure, having someone to emotionally connect with and spend time with, why not? Not to mention, assuming you're sexually compatible and don't just pester her all the time, you'll have someone you can have sex with frequently. Literally just a bonus IMO; I've actually reached a point in life where I could as well just use men to satisfy my sexual urges; women are more for genuine emotional relationships for me.
>>
Not really worth it until you hit your early 30s, then realize you are gonna die alone in your apartment and rot for a month before someone realizes you're dead.
>>
Anyone who says relationships aren't worth it probably feels that way because they didn't want to work at maintaining one.

Sometimes they're not good. Sometimes they're really terrible. When they're like that, it's better to just walk away. But when they're good, they're amazing.
>>
>>24634482
Honestly I spent my entire life avoiding casual sex because I know it's bad, and I've only had two sexual partners. I almost got married twice, I just broke up with a woman who said she wanted to marry me but she got scared at the last minute and bailed.

So now I'm just thinking of getting as much pussy as possible before I die.

I know I shoudn't but... I'm tired of getting fucked up emotionally.
>>
>>24634482

I've been lonely literally my entire life.

I can't be sexually attracted to someone unless I have a deep emotional connection with em, and it's really fucking hard for me to form any sort of emotional connection with people.

I've only developed that sorta connection with 2 people, and they both turned out to be lesbians (it'd be funny as fuck if it were someone else instead of me).

I've pretty much accepted I'm probably gonna be a kissless virgin forever.
>>
>>24636728
Dumbest answer in this thread imo
>>
I think women are a waste of time. Imagine men but even less capable of rational thought
>>
>>24635203

This is actually so accurate.
>>
>>24635256
>There seem to be a ton of misogynist idiots who try to have a stable relationship and obviously fail, then rage and whine about how it's not worth it.

See:
>>24634538
>>24635216
>>24637404
>>24637459

And >>24636926 is dangerously on the fence. May wanna look into himself and ask why the women bailed out in the end. I'm making assumptions here tho.

Don't be like these people who think of women as objects, or you'll never have a fulfilling relationship in your life. Any girlfriends you get will be highly likely to cheat on you. You'll find yourself abusing victims of poverty and human trafficking in prostitution, and catch STDs. You'll die lonely.

>>24637197
I'm similar to you and I've taken up online dating with moderate success. Just install / sign up on a bunch of dating apps / websites, create a nice profile, and use it as a platform to meet people. Takes a shit ton of time and half a dozen different dating apps/sites until you get a match, and then it's still an unknown whether it'll work out, but it's your best option if you're the type who never goes out to meet people IRL.
>>
>>24634482
Yes, they are.
It didn't make me happier. It didn't solve my issues. But it gave me meaning. It made me feel accomplished. It made me feel like everything was more bearable. It made me feel secure. It made me want to grow up and it gave me the courage to take risks, because he had my back. It made me want to better myself because I admire him so much and I want to be worthy. It gave me the drive to keep going when things were difficult.
I genuinely feel some deep joy when I wake up 30 minutes before him and cook him breakfast. I genuinely feel happy when I hear him parking. I feel good when we cuddle next to each other in bed and when I wake up every morning next to my best friend.
>>
purely anecdotal and based on personal experience and a rant.

People seem to over-fantasies relationships. They're hard and are usually shit in some aspects. You both need to give up alot of your life, you need to compromise. You always need to think of the other person when making decisions. You need to live with their good and bad sides.

It's great for 6 months or so while it's just fucking, but after that things need to step up. Love evolves into deep respect for the person. Trust. But it has to be both ways. That's what I noticed with people, a lack of respect. It's usually one person trying to pick up the slack of the other. Male or female, it doesn't matter. If your partner doesn't invest as much time, effort and commitment into the relationship it's best to just fuck off and leave them. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

A sad thing happened to a buddy of mine. He found a gf a few years back, quite cute. Tried to tell him she will hurt him and she did. He kept thinking that's how relationships are, and they kinda are, but there's a big difference. She put ZERO effort into it. None at all. He was pushing mountains for her and she couldn't even bother to lift a finger for him. Long story short after painful betrayal he now hates women. And it's tragically funny. I ask him why? He was the one that kept hitting a wall with his head and refused to see that she was a horrible person. But he still attributes it to "All women are like that".

This is a repeating theme it seems. People over-hype a relationship expecting it to be a magical anime adventure, are unable to let go and move on, get hurt, than blame EVERYONE, except themselves.

It's sad that these days the media and society basically forces the concept that men and women are nothing but a means for pleasure for each other. Nothing that talks about bonds, sacrifices, commitment. There's a twisted a fucked up view on genders.
>>
>>24637607
Also to add, Yes. Relationships are worth it.

A relationship and fining a partner you share mutual respect with is invaluable. You need to realise that it wont fix your problems. You might eve need to work harder than ever, because at that point you need to think not just about yourself, but about someone else. In the best case, you have a person that is beside you, understands you ad supports you.

But you need to understand that with all the good things, you need to be prepared to take on their bad days aswell. You both need to be able to do it. Sometimes you will fall down and the person will need to pick you up. Sometimes it's vise versa. You basically need to be prepared to fall into the pit of despair together with your partner to help them climb back up. Hopefully he or she will do the same.

When that happens then holy shit is it magical.
>>
>Be ugly as fuck
>This has prevented me from ever getting a gf
>See everyone else in a relationship being happy
>Be depressed all the time

No way can they be anything other than joyful. It's the only reason why i'm always unhappy. Unfortunately no one can see past my appearance so I'm doomed to a life of misery and loneliness.
>>
>>24634482
if you're 100% being yourself
otherwise...
>>
>>24637475
you're projecting too hard
>>
>>24637683
Projecting? That would imply I'm like the men I'm describing, which couldn't be farther away from me. I dropped the "lel relationships are just for sex" mentality at about the age of 16, and had never attempted to have a relationship prior to that either because I was in a somewhat prudish conservative country where sex among teenagers was mostly an impossibility as the girls were all very "prudish."
>>
Up to 29 years old, sleeping around was fun and all that, but heading into 30 starting to seriously look for relationship.
With the right female, yes is worth it. Having kidz is something i want.
>>
I think partners are sort of the only thing to be happy about. That's why everyone you see is happy being with a partner. I don't know how ugly you are or if you are actually ugly but maybe try to get a bunch of money.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.