[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would anyone ever date someone with schizoaffective disorder

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1477624294859.jpg (77KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1477624294859.jpg
77KB, 650x650px
would anyone ever date someone with schizoaffective disorder here? have any of you had any positive experience with it? So far, all my relationships have just gone down the gutter, I'm diagnosed with it. please give feedback

pic unrelated
>>
File: meg3_9w.jpg (57KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
meg3_9w.jpg
57KB, 800x529px
As a person with mental illness, I would certainly date others with mental illness because they would understand what it's like. The key thing is that they're on top of their illness; like seeing doctors regularly, taking meds, being honest about their thoughts and feelings, and keeping a positive mental attitude.
>>
>>24599810
How close is your disorder to avoidant personality disorder?

Codependency is a hell and makes the relationship worse than it could ever be worth keeping.
>>
>>24599810
we're pretty much fucked bro relationship-wise. it's even worse when you're not from a civilized country.
>>
File: 1477634835239.png (272KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477634835239.png
272KB, 500x375px
>>24599870
>>24599877
>>24599898
f/21/USA

I haven't been seeing a therapist so I wouldn't say I'm on top of it, and I've had a lot of friends in my life, but I still can qualify for bpd. I may not have the most positive outlook right now... But I still would like to make a change. I'm interested in getting involved with being a park ranger if that sounds interesting to any of you folk, I'm also searching for basic friendship as it can be really hard when some people don't get the whole.... schizoaffective disorder thing
>>
i would, but then again i too have mental illness. the best friends i ever made were in dual diagnosis rehab (where people have both drug addiction and mentall illness; the two go hand in hand) and "cazy" people are the only ones I can relate to, every girl I fell in love with was pretty out there desu but I am also far out there. if you need someone to talk to hmu
snapchat: jondank1028
>>
Heyyy would you converse with anyone diagnosed as PNOS?
>>
>>24600483
....thanks anon :c

I'll go make a snapchat right now and add you... and that's so true, I always relate with the crazy people and fall deep for them, too

>>24600534
I looked it up, and it is psychotic not otherwise specified? Elaborate. refer to above, I would communicate with a lot of people...
>>
>>24599810
narcissistic personality, and just over the threshold of sociopathy.
Its only benefitted me as far as I'm aware. I've stepped on and over people my entire adult life, and have an awesome stable career because of it. I have a girlfriend, honestly I treat her like absolute shit, and it seems like the worse I treat her the more determined she is to win my approval/affection. I'm just fucking with her for fun at this point, just to see how much she can take before she tries to kill me in my sleep. She doesn't know about my condition, she thinks I love her. I am fond of her, but I really don't think I'm capable of actual love. Who knows.
>>
19/M/Aus/Bipolar

The biggest thing is how clingy I get, some relationships it's helped, others it's doomed.
Like first reply said, I have dated people that have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia amongst other mental illness, all could have worked out but either medication or therapy is a must
>>
File: 1477633702734.jpg (244KB, 1400x917px) Image search: [Google]
1477633702734.jpg
244KB, 1400x917px
>>24600483
i jus snapped you

>>24600648
yeah, i was gonna say.... if anything it should benefit you. but also, you should tell more about your day to day tasks/ thoughts... I have had plenty of partners, but in the end, i am very detached...

>>24600666
with schizoaffective, it comes with bipolarism. I go from euphoric to absolutely grim. I look forward to therapy, but sometimes I have this ego complex, thinking I am smarter than the therapist. it could be because all they are doing is listening, and i am doing all the talking, lol
>>
>>24600699
its nice, I do whatever I want to whoever with no fear of hurting feelings or damaging others in any way. If I can take advantage of a situation to benefit myself, I do. If I see something I want I do whatever it takes to get it.I form no emotional attachments, if I have a girlfriend but decide the new intern needs a dicking down, I go ahead and oblige. Find out a coworker was using drugs in the parking garage? Blackmail. Can exploit a tragedy? Pull the trigger. I don't know how other people live honestly, how can you put another person's needs before your own? Its fucking retarded and if I could, I'd feel bad for you. But I can't, and I don't.

Basically my life is awesome and I have more enemies than most of the people on this site combined, and they can fucking blow me.

Better?
>>
>>24600729
yeah i guess, i just wonder, if everything come sfrom childhood expereiences. like, depression comes from family members, it is in your genes, like what?
>>
>>24600749
couldn't tell ya, had a great childhood. Loving parents, not poor, friends, etc. No history of it in my family as far as I know. Luck of the draw I suppose.
>>
>>24600699
I feel you dude, my ups and downs also transfer over to my sexuality and wether or not I have any self confidence. If you wanted to chat or what ever add me on Kik/Snapchat: Quietguy221 be warned I sometimes post lewdish stuff but for the most part I'm just bitching or putting up photos from my walks
>>
>>24600782
ok i just added you
>>
>>24599810
Yes, but I also have mental health
"issues" allegedly. Of course I'd be happy just to even talk to someone who understands how I feel or think even remotely

I've never really been in a relationship though and have no idea how that sort of thing comes about(and not even remotely for lack of trying). So I'm not terribly motivated on that regardless.
>>
>>24599810
idk man
i'm slighty autistic and moderately attractive but i'm not sure anyone would be down for that
unless their issues are worst than mine but i'm not going for that
i kinda learnt to enjoy to be with myself and I
>>
>>24600648
can i be your pet
>>
>>24602889
>>24603146
Maybe we can make small talk, casual talk then? If you'd like, if anyone would like.. I've just made a damn snapchat... I am not posting selfies. UN: acook228amelia

I'd prefer to get as far away from social media as I can.. but for now I think it's ok to maybe make friends through here
>>
>>24600729
Jesus this turns me on. I'd have sex with you just once to feel merciless abuse.
>>
The only girls I've ever gotten along with were schizo, bipolar, or BPD. Likely because I am also mentally ill.

It makes it near impossible to meet these people though because I get accused of being a fetishist. I just want someone who understands...
>>
I would only ever date a "mentally ill" guy as I am "schizoaffective" myself.
>>
Although these days even if I do meet a mentally ill girl she's into being abused and stuff like that sexually, which I am really not into doing to someone at all.
>>
>>24603450
G o o d L u c k
>>
>>24603458
I know it's basically impossible.

But as someone who has been hurt a lot by people in the past, and has had to hurt people in turn to get it to stop, I wouldn't want to even think about hurting the only person I would actually care about.
>>
>>24603394
Thanks for the offer but I find people who have asked to talk on here offsite usually just vanish on me suddenly 100 percent of the time. And I genuinely have no idea what other people really talk about.

I hope you find someone to make friends with though.

>>24603418
Lucky you. I feel like other mentally ill people I've spoken to tend to look down on me and not really understand any better than the average person.

But maybe it's just me that can't connect with others.
>>
>>24603450
i'm not either.
>>
File: Hank_Scorpio_Tapped_Out.png (46KB, 180x321px) Image search: [Google]
Hank_Scorpio_Tapped_Out.png
46KB, 180x321px
>>24599986
Therapists are expensive! $170 an hour at the medical center up the street from me (in Canada) for "cognitive behavioral therapy" from a psychologist. Take advantage of any free services in your area, even if you just go once you may hear or learn the right thing at the right time. Being well is a journey, not a destination. You can still live a normal life, but only you can make the effort.

That's great that you have a career goal, you must really love nature and being outdoors if you are interested in being a Park Ranger. Make a plan and work towards your goal sooner, rather than later.

It's a good sign that you are searching for friendship. I feel pretty "meh" on the subject myself which is why I prefer anonymous message boards over facebook lol
>>
File: 1477343751411.jpg (25KB, 521x562px) Image search: [Google]
1477343751411.jpg
25KB, 521x562px
>>24603791
*nods head at u*

:^) thanks, mate
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.