[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morning /soc/ just finished working my night shift and walking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: 20161113_071415.jpg (3MB, 1929x2575px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_071415.jpg
3MB, 1929x2575px
Morning /soc/ just finished working my night shift and walking back home. Just wanted to say I hope you all have a wonderful day.
>>
File: iSB3xdr.jpg (45KB, 414x319px) Image search: [Google]
iSB3xdr.jpg
45KB, 414x319px
I hope I do too. I'm playing hockey for 3-4 hours later then going to hang out with my parents and scream at handegg on TV.

But that's neither here nor there. Thanks OP. Sleep well.
>>
>>24564286
What is handegg? Also hockey? Yikes hope you manage without injury! Ice or Street?
>>
>>24564295
Street. I live in Kansas City so there's no real ice centers here. Most of us play in sneakers (more physically intensive, better work out), but us goalies have the option to wear skates. I've been wearing mine more because it lets me move quicker. My back always hurts afterwards but the pain doesn't last terribly long.

And handegg is gridiron football.
>>
>>24564265
What job do you do OP?
>>
>>24564610
Hotel receptionist!
>>
>>24564673
Thank you

In a Europe of some kind?

What is the strangest thing that happen to you being a hotel reception during the middle of the night like a guest fell out the window or whatever??

Did you ever see prostitutes in the hotel coming to a businessman room? Is it obvious when they come and do you kick them out?
>>
File: 20161101_232735.jpg (697KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161101_232735.jpg
697KB, 2048x1152px
>>24564677
>>24564677
>>>24564673 (You)

>In a Europe of some kind?

Yup, UK. South West part in Cornwall outskirts of Saltash.

>What is the strangest thing that happen to you being a hotel reception during the middle of the night like a guest fell out the window or whatever??

Nothing too strange so far, more awkward actually. Had a newly wed wife swear and shout at me in the hallway with all the other rooms at 3am saying how shit their wedding was because of the hotel. While telling me it's not my fault but still shouting away.

A bit later she said that she left her phone with us all to reception. When I went to deliver it to her she walks out of the room. Just before I get to it. Entirely nude except for a tapestry they put on the bed. She was a looker but I just gave her the phone and left.

>Did you ever see prostitutes in the hotel coming to a businessman room? Is it obvious when they come and do you kick them out?

None that were blatant prostitutes. However I've interrupted people having sex at least twice. One was for security reasons because the guest had no one expected (far as we knew) and she went right to his room. Another was when I delivered a sandwich at 2am to a drunk.

Pic related. The aforementioned sandwich.
>>
>>24564265
Thanks man i really hope so too.
Sleep nice
>>
File: 20161113_102934.jpg (3MB, 1929x2576px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_102934.jpg
3MB, 1929x2576px
>>24564710
Thanks annon. Still awake for now, woke up at like 8pm last night so I have a but more energy to me but I'll probably sleep in a few hours. What're your plans?
>>
Testing one two
>>
>>24564722
Pass! Three four?
>>
>>24564704
You reveal the name of your employer on Facebook??? You could be sent to Syria or Plymouth 8f they find out.

Does your hotel have a no prostitututue policies?

Sleep well
>>
>>24564847
How do you know that? Also I see it as a common thing so idk why it's a problem.
>>
>>24564919
The napkin of the sandwich has the name of the hotel
>>24564704
>>24564704
>>24564704
>>24564704
>>24564704

Butwhat is the actual prostitute policy there?

Do you work nightshifts for a long time in a row?? Like do you see this time of day as your evening? When you wake up at 8pm do you eat breakfast or like a normal evening?
>>
>>24564961
Oh shit well cats outta the bag. I didn't post that on fb however. Plus I only have 1 colleague added who is pretty alright with me. I have it as a point to have as minimal contacts from work on my social media.

Regarding prostitution, I'd say it's just not allowed if it's flagrant and she walks in like a total skank. 99% chance is that no one would care really.

I've been on nights for about 2 months now, I am currently having 4 days off because they're putting me back onto days.

I guess it's like a late evening for me now. However I'm trying to get my body clock back for day shifts so today is going to be a bit iffy until I force myself to keep up so I readjust myself.

Also I tend to be a bit flaky but I do try to have breakfast when possible. I always take protein shakes because they help me not eat so much shit and despite that they're man made, still healthier than so much other rubbish there is. I believe anyhow.
>>
>>24564973
>fb
I mean 4chan, i get confused

How many star hotel is it?

It's interesting to hear about your life OP
>>
>>24564986
Oh. Considering how far out this hotel is someone would have to be pretty determined to actually come here. It's a countryside hotel with 2 18 hole golf courses.

It's a 4 star hotel!

Glad you're interested. If you have any more questions I'll email glad to reply :3
>>
you remind me of this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWme75xSYIs
>>
>>24565003
Interesting, what about this guy i thought maybe him instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MjecJC7fXA

Also they don't have tips in cornwall except waiters and takeaway delivverers and maybe taxi
>>
>>24565000
A 36 hole golf course, fuck that's a lot of balls
>>
>>24565003
>>24565016
Kek the first one was just funny but the second one was cringe worthy.

To be fair, realistically however. Tips go a long way to help out somebody. If not, even just asking to speak to their supervisor/manager and telling them how good person x was and how helpful. Just that two or so minutes of your time can be the biggest thing to them because of how rare it is.

>>24565024
From lakes alone they collect over 100,000 golf balls during the summer period I've been told.
>>
>>24565035
>but the second one was cringe worthy.
The whole programme is about making you cringe, like the office or whatever

If a guestomer came down to your recep table in the middle of night and said "I want to speak to your manager" would you have a moment of fear they are gonna say some complaint about you not "he did a great jjob"??
>>
>>24565060
Biggest tip you had?

Any horrible customers?
>>
If that was their aim. They sure nailed it ._.

Well, depending on the hotel they may have a manager there even at 2am. If nothing else a supervisor is always present to pass the comment to.
>>
At 4am, when no one is awake and you are the only awake person, do you have stuff to do or do you 4chan your time away, or do you watch over the guests in their dreams via the security cam, feeling like a proud and protective of them as they sleep?
>>
>>24565074
>biggest tip
Was a concierge at an intercontinental hotel and because I managed to get an Israeli a free upgrade in order to properly deal with his complaint (was 30+ celcus and they would've had to wait 3 more hours for their regular room) the gave me 40Eur tip.

Worst? Read above about the newly wed wife being a tit.

Someone else also tried to fuck me over saying that they wanted me to make a reservation for them, since I wasn't too familiar with their system (not interconti hotel but another) I said it'd be best that they call the next day.

The asshole insisted I make the reservation so I did but left a note to the reservationist. They pointed out I made a few mistakes but that was expected. However they contacted the gentleman and he said that he never insisted and furthermore I """"offered""" to make the reservation for him.
>>
Your storiy about the wife: where was the husband doing in all this?
>>
>>24564265
What is the quietest time in the whole night? What facilities do you have if a guestomer phone to the reception office at this time and say:::

>I'm in my holiday in Cornwall, so I want a pastie delivered to my room at once please. I really need a pastie now and immeidately. Please help me sir.
>>
>>24565092
Mostly a lot of administration work if nothing much goes on. However we do room service when the kitchen closes. Also drive people to and from the lodges (they are on hotel grounds but a 3 minute drive away from the main hotel it's self) and dealing with drunks

>>24565119
Trying to calm her down at first then giving up on her later.
>>
>>24565126
Wed say that we don't have and direct you to the one in callington which apparently try has won a few awards!
>>
>>24565157
>However we do room service when the kitchen closes.
Including make food?

>Also drive people to and from the lodges (they are on hotel grounds but a 3 minute drive away from the main hotel it's self)
Would you do this at 4am

>>24565175
If I went to a holiday in Cornwall and they didn't have a pasty in the hotel I would lose my shit, pillow flush in every toilet, order pizza to other rooms like a deliveroo biker cycling in your hotel corridor, block the door of lifts so they stick on one floor, turn on and off lights, do toilet in swimming pool, everything if they cant even do pastie

You do cream tea???
>>
>>24565186
Sorry if i offend you though, i enjoy talking to you about this, i like to just find about a persons life sometimes, that i would never get to know or meet

It's the good thing if the Internet
>>
Ever roll around in a linen cupboard witha cleaning maid, ir like hear a bad story from them where they have to clean a room and someone made a turd on the windowsill or condom on the lampshade or something?

What do you enjoy most about the job? What do you enjiy most abo7t the Saltash Tunnel?
>>
>>24565186
>Including make food?

Just sandwiches really.

>>>24565175 (You)
>If I went to a holiday in Cornwall and they didn't have a pasty in the hotel I would lose my shit, pillow flush in every toilet, order pizza to other rooms like a deliveroo biker cycling in your hotel corridor, block the door of lifts so they stick on one floor, turn on and off lights, do toilet in swimming pool, everything if they cant even do pastie

Jesus man. Probably best to stay away from the place I'm at then.

>You do cream tea???
I don't know how to .

>>24565194
>>>24565186
>Sorry if i offend you though, i enjoy talking to you about this, i like to just find about a persons life sometimes, that i would never get to know or meet

Naw it's fine. Nothing taken hard mang.

>>24565250
>Ever roll around in a linen cupboard witha cleaning maid, ir like hear a bad story from them where they have to clean a room and someone made a turd on the windowsill or condom on the lampshade or something?

What? I don't get that first bit. I've done some time in housekeeping before and nothing of the sort thankfully.

>What do you enjoy most about the job? What do you enjiy most abo7t the Saltash Tunnel?

Tbh reception isn't where my heart is. I'm more of a concierge person because just get to design someone's holiday and let them enjoy it. I got a fair bit of good feedback last time I was in such a position.
>>
>>24565305
You get paid maybe 30000 pounds per year PRO RATA i think. Its a good job you have and good pay. Do you like the nights or does it get lonely? Or is there always some customers awake and they need something?
>>
>>24565326
You're half off for me actually. I'm a student intern so that's to be expected. I live know site for 150 a month or less with electric and water included. So can't complain.
>>
>>24565330
>half off for me
What does this mean, you get 45000? Or 15000.

Do you enjoy hotelling? You would like to run a hotel 9ne day? What about now if you were offered a jib as concierge in claridges or a big luxury london hotel? And woukd you drive a guests from the chalet lodge thing to the hotel at 4am
>>
>>24565330
I would like to be your guest. I promise not to flush my pillow in the toilet and will go to Callington for my pastie if that is your recommendation. I am not good at golf though so maybe a different hotel is better for me. Like premier in.
>>
>>24565373
>>>24565330 (You)
>>half off for me
>What does this mean, you get 45000? Or 15000.

15000 annual for the internship

>Do you enjoy hotelling? You would like to run a hotel 9ne day?

Deffo. I'd jump onto it in. A heartbeat. I've been told by people in the industry and psychologists that I'd make a great hotel manager. I just need to slog through this shit and get into uni.

>What about now if you were offered a jib as concierge in claridges or a big luxury london hotel?
Sadly I can't swap for the duration of the aforementioned internship so I'd have to decline.

>And woukd you drive a guests from the chalet lodge thing to the hotel at 4am

If that's part of the job I won't mind much. I've had some of the best guest interaction while driving them in this hotel so sure!
>>
>>24565382
>so I'd have to decline.
But in theory, like after your intern finishes. Claridges? The Hotel Ritz?
>>
>>24565326
>Do you like the nights or does it get lonely? Or is there always some customers awake and they need something?
And what is the most quieter time of night
>>
There is a programme you should be in called the hotel inspecter
>>
>>24565387
>>>24565382 (You)
>>so I'd have to decline.
>But in theory, like after your intern finishes. Claridges? The Hotel Ritz?

Technically. If they're fine with giving me training sure thing.

>>>24565326
>>Do you like the nights or does it get lonely? Or is there always some customers awake and they need something?

There are always two guys there (excluding myself) so we'd be in each others company. I also have very low social needs so I'm fine normally.

>And what is the most quieter time of night

Depends. On a slow night it gets quiet at 11pm even. On a long night things can be happening. Until 3am or 4 even.

>>24565393

Why is that? I've thought about how great it'd be to be a hidden guest who reviews the hotel.
>>
>>24565467
>Why is that? I've thought about how great it'd be to be a hidden guest who reviews the hotel.
That's what it is. They stay in a hotel then help the person make it better, higher occupancy rate, more satisfaction of guest, more star rating maybe.

What is the your favourute to least favourite type of guest that you deal with:
1. Business man
2. Young couple romantic getaway for 2
3. Old people
4. Family holiday
5. Stag+hen
6. Homosexual couple
7. Suspicious couple for example chesting husband with his mistress for an illicit sex weekend
8. WILDCARD CATEGORY for any category you know about that I didn't think of

And which are most common in your hotel?

This has been one if tye best threads on soc in some time, much better than penis rating threads, just more interesting and I'm grateful for how you have answered so many questions
>>
>>24565467
>Technically. If they're fine with giving me training sure thing.
Sort of reluctant a bit? You wouldn't really aspire to the chance of working in a very luxury hotel? Think of the tips. They aslo have stuff like people who have a suite that comes with its own butler. And all standards really high. Notihing is too much trouble for our customerguests, all that shit.

If you don't have goals, travelodge is your goal. It's a harsh world out there.
>>
>>24565494
9. Golf buddies. With argyll sweater. Like three middle age guys come down to shoot some hoops on the golf course. They have a 4 iron a sand wedge and a putter and all the gear.
>>
OP asleep
>>
OP deceased
>>
>>24566288
Sorry just passed out kek I'll reply to everything now
>>
>>24567097
OP returned yay! <3

>57 past the hour wooooooo
>>
>>24565494
>>>24565467 (You)
>>Why is that? I've thought about how great it'd be to be a hidden guest who reviews the hotel.
>That's what it is. They stay in a hotel then help the person make it better, higher occupancy rate, more satisfaction of guest, more star rating maybe.

Yeah I'd love that. What hidden guests do is essentially check to see that a hotel is abiding by the corporate standard of service that the head office sets out. I wouldn't say you're right on those four points. They spend about 3 days there and ensure that there are no faults in the processes and all is as it should be. They don't tell anything to the hotel directly. They report back to their company and inform them if they pass the checklist or not.

If a hotel fails to abide by them, there can be some serious ramifications, anything from a 'fine' to even losing the brand depending on how bad things are.

>What is the your favourute to least favourite type of guest that you deal with:
>1. Business man
4 they're sometimes nice but they normally just leave the keys on the desk because they'd have the bill already settled and head out. They make life easy but she esher, not even minor pleasantries.

>2. Young couple romantic getaway for 2
3 they're normally pretty kind and for the most part they do enjoy themselves. Had a Nigerian couple come on their honeymoon once and they were so lovely.
>>
>3. Old people
1 they're generally lovely people around here.

>4. Family holiday
7 these tend to be the types that'll complain about the view even though the room they booked was not great and worse off is that they'll try to use their kids as sympathy cards.

>5. Stag+hen
8 they normally end up drunk and stupid.

>6. Homosexual couple
I can't give them a number because that'd be unfair. So far they've been pretty okay though so I generally have no problems with them.

>7. Suspicious couple for example chesting husband with his mistress for an illicit sex weekend

None have been that blatant about it so they get a 2 I guess because they don't actually cause trouble.

>8. WILDCARD CATEGORY for any category you know about that I didn't think of
Golfer and wedding groups are two big ones here.

Golfers try to act like they're funny but fail so badly and have even hit. On my junior supervisor but they're not a bad lot.

Weddings vary between 1 or 8. Some nice folk who have a decent wedding have left sober of not tipsy and did fucking leave a mess like a zombie horde rekt the place. Others are all drunk, shouting in corridors and even forgetting where their room is...leaving their room and asking us to guide them back. 4 times.

>And which are most common in your hotel?

Business clients overall.

>This has been one if tye best threads on soc in some time, much better than penis rating threads, just more interesting and I'm grateful for how you have answered so many questions

Awh annon, thanks >>24567113
>>>24567097 (You)
>OP returned yay! <3
>>57 past the hour wooooooo
57 past the hour? Just woke up so I'm a bit stupid for now. Sorry
>>
I think you are really helpful in the way you have respobded to questions in this thread and it is like you have a natural customer service ability. I was going to buy you a dvd and post it to your hotel to say thank you (NO EMBARASSING MESSAGES DONT WORRY) but i found what I was going to send you on line so no posting (in the sense of royal mail) was needed:

>dm /video/xy2vx6_inside-claridges-1-3_lifestyle
>/video/xy2s8q_inside-claridges-2-3_lifestyle
>/video/xy2vum_inside-claridges-3-3_lifestyle

Dm is daily motion dot com

You woukd be good in a hotel like this IF you have attention to detail which is very important, like rmemebring to remind guests whether they are asleep, deceased or back, at 57 minutes past the hour, to be consistent. But also, good to help avaergae holiday makers, not suck the cock of the rich, which some luxury hotels are.

>very low social needs
Asexual?
>>
>>24565501
Oh by all means I wouldn't mind working in a luxury hotel. It's more of my lack of self confidence in being able to meet their standards at my current level. I won't lie, I've only been in this sector for 2 years now (most of which was studying but this is my 4th internship) and I'm very well aware that luxury hotels are a whole different beast.

I do have goals, I intend to mow through uni and get those shitty papers everyone wants to see so I'll easily slip into supervisory/managerial roles and continue going up. I'll only be satisfied once I reach an executive or GM position. Depending if it's an international corporation then Regional GM.

Also to elaborate on
>I won't lie, I've only been in this sector for 2 years now

I was in IT for a total of 12 years before making the shift. Main reason being that I never got any job satisfaction and I believe I was slowly entering a depression as well because none of my jobs were ever giving me chances to push forward and climb the ladder. Stagnation is what I hate the most, so when my last job in IT used me as a scape-goat because shit went down, I decided to look into something else. Reception and front office weren't my first choice, but due to health circumstances, culinary arts were out of the question.

>>24565509
I believe I covered them in my reply >>24567189

>>24567269
Currently going through the first video, I can understand where they are coming from, I'll admit I will need a bit more time before I can achieve their level service but I would absolutely love to do an internship there for instance.

Sadly where I'm currently at, the structure is very loose, so it leaves me having to come up with my own means and uncertain resolutions to problems because no one would give me the standard operating procedures, despite being there for 5 months now. I've become a jack-of-all-trades yet master of none at the front desk because I've done AM/PM and Night shifts. Apparently the only person so far.
>>
>>24567269
>Asexual

Not at all, straight as a new telephone pole with the libido of a rabbit. I'm just socially demanding in the sense that I refuse asinine, shallow connections with people and accept those who're willing to go deeper because I tend to be misunderstood quite a lot by those who don't get to or want to know me properly.

Furthermore I'm emotionally undeveloped because I never had many friends in my young age, brother rejected me early on in life just because. '''Best friend''' backstabbed me, sold me out etc and thus never really had any friends growing up with lots of parental fighting growing up.
>>
>>24567327
>Sadly where I'm currently at, the structure is very loose
Often the case in smaller businesses

>it leaves me having to come up with my own means and uncertain resolutions to problems because no one would give me the standard operating procedures
How about when you find yourself doing this, just jot down a few bullet point notes of what you did and give it to management, not in a taking over way, just as a helpful "this might save some work for other members of staff if this issue comes up again". This kind of thing is how people make their mark within organisations, come to the attention of management and are identified for promotion.

>despite being there for 5 months now. I've become a jack-of-all-trades yet master of none at the front desk because I've done AM/PM and Night shifts. Apparently the only person so far.
This is a good thing. You have only been there 5 months, can't be expected to master stuff. Instead you now have an insight into every aspect of the hotel, a solid basis from which to build. They clearly trust you with different stuff.

>>24567349
I agree with and like your approach. Sorry to hear of your family and friendship troubles.

Does living on site present issues for your social/romantic life?
>>
File: 201602_2007_affgg.jpg.png (343KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
201602_2007_affgg.jpg.png
343KB, 500x500px
What do you recommend for breakfast at your place? I don't want all the bacon and egg stuff, I am more of a croissant person. I really like a good hotel breakfast.
>>
>>24567365
>How about when you find yourself doing this, just jot down a few bullet point notes of what you did and give it to management, not in a taking over way, just as a helpful "this might save some work for other members of staff if this issue comes up again". This kind of thing is how people make their mark within organisations, come to the attention of management and are identified for promotion.

Because they'd already have processes in place but some reason they just never tell me. They've specifically told me that there's a lot of 'Trial and error' so, yeah. I'm the greenest member they've got, so I don't want to do anything of the sort actually.

I'm not sure how I've come across to them so far, so anything outside of 'just the job' so to speak is something I'm not willing to venture out of. I've made a few suggestions (forgot now) about a couple of things but they never took too well to them. So if they don't want new ideas and keep themselves to their current ways then so be it.

>Does living on site present issues for your social/romantic life?
Considering it's absolutely nil and would be either way if I wasn't on site, I'd say no. It gives me greater financial freedom so I'm ok with that.

>>24567377
Oh yeah, I've seen all kinds of pastries available, croissants too. Though I've heard (only two) complaints so far that somehow the chefs even fucked up individual orders on small things. Though I think they've improved now. New head chef started last week and things have gone better I feel.
>>
>>24567426
You are changing shifts now right? So not on tonight? What are your plans for your few days off before you start on new shift pattern?
>>
>>24567437
Get up to speed with laundry and /v/idja mostly, I'd have to go out for groceries too, fridge is starting to get a bit light.

I'll probably just drive about aimlessly one day, maybe spend a few hours going to the 'edge of the uk', there's a town at the very, very south-west so I'd just go for the novelty and see what the place is like, weather permitting.
>>
>>24567454
Where are you from originalllllly?

there's a town at the very, very south-west so I'd just go for the novelty and see what the place is like, weather permitting.
>Ponzonce?
>>
>>24567456
Originally from Malta, Europe.

The place I was thinking of going to is 'Lands end', it'll definitely be 2 hours I'd wager to get to it.
>>
>>24567471
NO WAY I DID NOT REALISE YOU WERE NOT FROM THE ENGLAND

What made you go there.

Land's End is not really a town. Penzance is the town.

I would like to go with you on a road trip OP. But I'm odd.
>>
>>24567477
>sarcasm-o-meter broke

Yeah, I meant that was the landmark I was going to visit.

> I would like to go with you on a road trip OP. But I'm odd.

Why not elaborate? So long as you don't want to shove your dick inside me, I'm sure we can work something out. If not, you're wearing a fucking chastity belt.
>>
>>24567477
>What made you go the

Go there as in, the UK or Land's end?

The former because I've always loved the UK and feel more at home here than I do back in Malta. The latter for the novelty of it.
>>
>>24567488
>So long as you don't want to shove your dick inside me, I'm sure we can work something out. If not, you're wearing a fucking chastity belt.
lolno, I'm straight as a telephone pole, like you

>Why not elaborate?
It would be too weird after I've spent this whole thread pretending to speak in broken English, asking you weird questions and acting like I am borderline in love with you for your great customer service skillz. I just like messing around on 4chan and it would be too incongruous if you met me in real life and saw that I'm a pretty normal guy, you would think I had hidden mental issues
>quite possible that I do

>>24567490
>I've always loved the UK and feel more at home here than I do back in Malta
That's worth elaborating on, what is it about the UK that makes you feel at home, if you grew up in a different place with a different culture?

>yes I know Malta has strong links to the UK
>>
>>24567496
>lolno, I'm straight as a telephone pole, like you

That's a good start ahaha

>It would be too weird after I've spent this whole thread pretending to speak in broken English, asking you weird questions and acting like I am borderline in love with you for your great customer service skillz. I just like messing around on 4chan and it would be too incongruous if you met me in real life and saw that I'm a pretty normal guy, you would think I had hidden mental issues

Someone told me to seriously consider if I have autism, others have called me a socio-path. So I think you're not alone there. I appreciate your interest and thus, respond in kind. Plus, I'm used to people speaking in broken English. Back in Malta, it's such a common thing (due to learning difficulties I only managed to learn English, not Maltese as well) so much so that they'd speak in Maltese, I'd be able to understand (partially) what they mean, I'd speak in English and we'd just have a whole conversation like that.

>That's worth elaborating on, what is it about the UK that makes you feel at home, if you grew up in a different place with a different culture?

The language is one thing, for sure. The cold weather just suits me all the better, the stereotypical 'cold' personality they hold makes my life easier because they're not trying too hard to keep up appearances and forge shallow social bonds which I hate. Just about everything just seems better here than it does there.

The only complaint I'd have, is that my manager backstabbed me by telling me in an appraisal that they'd look to transfer me if things don't go well (long story tl;dr they're not happy with my performance on AM/PM shifts...when I haven't done them for almost 2 months now logic right?)

They went on to say they'd transfer me to a 'city hotel' because I've got a 'city mindset' whatever that means, they go on to tell my college nothing of this and that they'd just terminate my internship, rather than look to transfer me.
>>
>>24567527
>Someone told me to seriously consider if I have autism, others have called me a socio-path
What reason do you think?
>>
To finish off that last post;

The lodge has no internet so I am using network 4G cellular data (50gb for 27£/monthly which is ridiculous)

But that's it really. Now I'm keeping close ties with my college and sending them out weekly, short reports on how things are developing on my side so if these guys fuck me over again, I'd have all these logs they can refer to to protect myself.
>>
>>24567535
Generally the fact that I don't process lots of things emotionally, so while everyone would be hyped to see a film, I'd shrug and go with it. Colleagues may be excited for an upcoming dinner but I'm dreading it. As it means being with about 10+ people for more than 4 hours. This seriously conflicts with my introverted nature.

Not sure what else, really. I'm just an emotional void I guess.
>>
>>24567535
>Mrs Malcore passed away

Oh man, that was such a sad bit especially because earlier on the GM was asked 'When do you think it will be their last visit?'

This is a hotel I would love to go to because of the structure, flexibility and sense of humor they have. Along with being able to come up with my own ideas as well for things to improve further already. However, they truly do seem like a grand bunch.
>>
>>24567926
Glad you are enjoying it
>>
>>24567926
>Oh man, that was such a sad bit
Can't be too emotionless if that touched you
>>
>>24568313
Well, felt a pang but yeah. Again, I'm not sure how to really describe myself in this regard as sadly it's not something I can easily explain.
>>
>>24569564
Howdy!
>>
You had a good day OP? Chilling? Shooting some hoops on the golf course?
>>
>>24569953
>hoops

I'm pretty sure that's only for basket ball.

I've never played golf, actually. The courses on the hotel grounds are of high to professional difficulty (the latter was designed by a famous golfer and used for golfing championships) so I doubt I'll be playing haha!
Haven't slept yet, not since I last passed out anyway. Mostly as I said, playing vidja and getting laundry done. Though won't lie, feeling prettty tired. Just cooked dinner so I eat something proper since fridge is just about empty, however :c
>>
>>24570050
What kind of living quarters do they provide you with? Do you have to share with other staff?
>>
>>2457Not sure how to describe it. It's a 4 bedroom lodge that's seen many things and lots of idiots who don't and didn't care for our sadly.
>>
>>24571094
What are your colleagues like?
>>
>>24572070
The ones I live with?

One smokes weed erryday and play acoustic guitar, the other is a fucking pig who hardly ever washes up the shit he uses but I'm not his bitch so I don't wash his shit up after him.

And they're both chefs.

My colleagues at the desk are a whole varied bunch, pretty good overall however!
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.