[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for /soc/ users regarding trans people. At what point

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Ccu7ULMUsAAFZa7.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ccu7ULMUsAAFZa7.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
Question for /soc/ users regarding trans people.

At what point do you think is best for a trans person to disclose the fact they're trans? Instantly, like on a post, gradually, like after talking for a while, or just before you meet (if you do)?

please answer as honestly as you can

>pic unrelated
>>
Immediately
>>
Honestly it's very rare that I wouldn't already know, even when they're incredible looking I generally can tell (not that this is a problem)

But I think the "best" time is on your dating site bio itself or something, really only because there's a lot of assholes out there who get abusive if they didn't know

Personally, if you're pre-op I'd like to know prior to meeting, anytime. If you're post-op I honestly don't think its even necessary
>>
>>24525225
okay thank you

>>24525247
alright fair enough, despite the fact im pre everything people are still shocked when i tell them i'm trans. thank you though, i was hoping the world was a lot more lenient but best be safe than sorry.
>>
>>24525220

In normal social occasions, I don't think you need ever disclose it. If you're not passing, then probably you should explain as a courtesy, but that's purely to make it easier for people to process you. No obligation at all.

In a romantic/sexual context, immediately. That is, on your dating profile, saying it immediately if you're asked out, etc. Just as you impose a social expectation on your potential partner (being treated socially as your preferred gender rather than your biological gender), they may have opinions about your status that you need to be respectful of. Two way street.

I'd file not disclosing this to a partner alongside not disclosing a drug addiction, STD, or spouse.

Besides, if someone won't date you, better to find out sooner and not waste everyone's time.
>>
>>24525220
If its dating/sexual/flirty immediately
Friend then gradually/eventually
Either way its not fair to keep imo

Even if you 100% identify as what you have transitioned to
>>
>>24525220
>>24525264

Its not gay when papa franku fucks you, only the other way around
>>
>>24525220
Is that maxmoefoe?
>>
I'm incredibly passable, have chest fat, and I'm only 5'4". I go clubbing a lot and have had a few guys try and grind up on me but I end up just getting really awkward because I don't know how to handle a situation like that and I'm not trying to get stabbed to death. One guy was incredibly aggressive and tried to grab me away from my friends. I told him no first, then I told him I had a boyfriend, then I told him I was married before he fucking let off. This is what bio females go through daily, and it's like fucking eye-opening at the aggression I've experienced because I look female. I feel for women so fucking much now.

I don't think its fair to carry a pariah "has penis" sign, but I would also say to tread lightly?
>>
>>24525264
people are shocked because they don't generally believe that someone that looks so much like gender a can look like gender b. for your safety, immediately telling your partner that you're trans is the best bet. a lot of dudes who don't spend much time on the internet will automatically go straight to anger and violence if you hop in bed with them and go "by the way, penis!"

>>24525830
face?
>>
It's safer and easier for you to just disclose right away, a lot of guys don't care as long as you're attractive. But if you don't disclose early on you'll end up wasting time with guys who aren't okay with it. Just save yourself the headache and be open about it. At least in the context of dating.
>>
File: 201650400.jpg (178KB, 926x1280px) Image search: [Google]
201650400.jpg
178KB, 926x1280px
>>24525856
why not.
>>
>>24525933
>>24525933
>>24525933

Is there an invisible straw between your lips, or are you doing that derpy on purpose?
>>
Give people a reason to not trust you?
SeemsGood
>>
>>24525888
>guys who aren't okay with it
Yes, a lot of guys aren't okay with people lying to them by omission. :)
>>
>>24525220
if you look like that then youve disclosed this fact the second i meet you
>>
>>24525220

all trans should disclose themselves to me immediately and get in my harem already
>>
All these people saying you have an "obligation" to say so immediately are wrong. You do not. BUT. Saying so immediately will ensure that you don't have to deal with guys like them.

The only time I think you really need to disclose it is before they see you naked if you don't know how they'll react. If a guy freaks out because he was kissing a woman who happens to have a dick and didn't tell him, that's his problem. He didn't touch it did he? What's the big deal?

Although I would take my advice with a grain of salt. I'll fuck just about any combination of gender markers and genitals so i'm not exactly real world representation.
>>
>>24526896
How is it a lie? You are just assuming all women have vaginas. That's not her fault lol.
>>
>>24525220
Is that maxmoefoe from Youtube?
>>
>>24525220
I think you should tell them when its getting serious or if you want to sleep with that person
as for what >>24528084 is saying you should. If you want to get romantically involved with someone you owe them to tell them this so they know and can prepare themselves for what they're getting in to. It's part of who you are and you're starting a relationship partly based on a lie
>>
>>24528093
All women do have vaginas what the fuck are you talking about. If you have any kind of intimate relationship you need to tell then immediately or you're a manipulative peice of trash.
>>
File: BoiPucci.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BoiPucci.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>24528165
Yes
>>
>>24526753
That's my "pout" face. Not buying it? :/
>>
>>24528186
I have an issue with the word "lie" but I understand where you're coming from with wanting to know before any romantic involvement.

>>24528192
Manipulative how? Not all women have vaginas. All "females" or whatever do. Human gender and sex is pretty complicated contrary to popular belief.
>>
>>24529755
women have vaginas, idk wtf is going on in the world but can trans people have their own category? you aren't men or woman, you're a third gender
>>
>>24529787
It is all tied in together. They are all heavily damaged people with exceptionally high rates of mental illness, substance abuse, and suicide. They they scream that the world (or society) is broken because they cannot accept how broken they themselves truly are.
>>
>>24529824
As long as we're clear that that is your opinion and not a fact we're all good here. I wont deny the data but I will argue your reasoning. Many of those issues stem from abuse.

>>24529787
My whole point is why is it a big deal? You don't know someone's genitals until you get close to being intimate anyway. If you're attracted to them why does it matter up until that point of getting physical. It is not her fault you assumed she was cis. Don't assume it makes an ass out of u and me ;P It can be a simple "Oh, I like you but i don't like dicks...imma go." It doesn't have to be a big thing and she's not lying? It's not the girl's fault that you have a built up expectation that she'll sleep with you (okay not necessarily) and that she has a vag.

I'm sorry this makes things scary for you that you now have to check to see if the girl you like has a dick but that's all you have to do. Why are y'all so mad?
>>
>>24528425
he is best she
>>
>>24525220
how about you go to a shrink and talk about how how parents abused you and then stop wearing makeup and act like a normal human being
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.