[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Borderline Personality Disorder: The Thread. Skype? Anyone?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Borderline Personality Disorder: The Thread.

Skype? Anyone?
>>
>>24524520
I'm not mocking you, but wouldn't this fit in the /me/ general?

Unless you feel they're too different, than forgive me
>>
>>24524520
Why'd you chose that picture for this kind of thread, OP?
Also, is there any way to bring up to a therapist that you think you might have bpd or avpd without sounding like a self-dx'er?

>>24524534
it probably would
>>
Finally, a thread for me. But for what purpose?
>>
>>24524520
please yes! if anyone out there is reading this, I could REALLY use a friend who understands what BPD is like. I'm kind of a friendless person (other than my bf/fp) and it's so hard to connect to people, it would be awesome to just be able to make a friend who is similar, just talking freely with eachother...
throwaway email is friendyellowpig at gmail, or leave your skype
>>
I've been dating a girl with BPD for almost 3 years now.

It's honestly the most difficult thing I've ever dealt with, I think I do pretty well at understanding though. Her therapists are usually pretty amazed that she's been in such a long lasting relationship
>>
bpd doesn't exist, insanity is the default state for women, bpd is simply a woman who's a bigger bitch than usual
>>
anon here with borderline/ptsd from long history of abuse (manipulation, child neglect, foster care, rape, relationship, etc).

I went through girl after girl, getting abandoned by every one, believing everything they said. The PTSD from chronic abandonment by people I trusted just made me want someone I could really trust even more.

And then I trusted one person too many and got HIV. It didn't stop getting worse there unfortunately.

Its all made a stronger man of me. I have a threshhold for unlimited bullshit, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger and what does will end any suffering. I continue to become more and more stable despite all the setbacks that come with being batshit crazy.
>>
>>24526161
wouldn't that make you the other side of BPD?

I though the borderlines were the ones pushing the limits. While us people pleasers with zero boundaries were thier mirror images.

Perfect matches made in hell. Seems once I'm in one of those neither of us can get out.
>>
>>24524520

I'm 31 and a guy with BPD.

I've been in DBT for about three months now (it's a 10 month program) and the six other people in my group are WAY more messed up than I am.

I barely qualify as having BPD but I was wanted that instead of having Antisocial Personality Disorder since then they watch you closely so you don't have sex with little grillz or shoot up schools.

Anyways, after I do the 10 months I get a certificate; I love that psychological validation.

That shit is getting framed and going up on the wall next to my Bachelors in my Den.
>>
>>24527328

Oh and there are many Pros to having BPD; once you get your Cons under control, you'll be able to tap into them.

Lamictal is THE drug for BPD. I use 200 MG of it and got massive improvements of my symptoms.

Use it and once you've started feeling the results, you're in a much better position to get some type of therapy.

Shit, even the Lamitcal alone can change your life for the better.
>>
>>24526962
PTSD from abandonment and BPD are really closely related.

More or less my limbic system has been fucked by the constant fear of detachment that it has left me unable to connect with anyone. Those people have power over my brain as I chronically ruminate over the losses. When I am able to connect I'm far too clingy and sincere, resulting in further abandonment and a cycle of feeling inadequate.
>>
>>24527620
So do you mess with them because of that fear?
Pushing pushing pushing to see how much they can stand before they go away?
Tell them to go away?

I'd just like to understand how the other side works.
>>
>>24527647
I don't mess with them because trying to overcome that fear almost resulted in AIDs.

I've been chronically fucked and now I can't function quite the same. I don't push my partners very far I think. I try to spoil them and make them happy. I do lots of sweet things and they're like "don't ever stop being this sweet" or "you're perferct" and then they leave me everytime. These days Ive just accepted being unloveable.
>>
I'm 21 female and just recently learned from a health professional that I have BPD. Also known as now (in the UK at least) "Emotional intensity disorder".

I had always wondered wtf was wrong with me and why I found it so hard to trust people and make friends. I never understood why I was so easily hurt or upset and no one else was.

Since being diagnosed I've learned a lot about myself, things like why I self-harm, sleep around, abuse alcohol and am not sure what my values are or who I really am.

Am on the list to see a therapist. Anyone else here have similar emotional problems? also, if you do and are up for a chat it would be really great. My skype is eggsandbacon4
>>
20 yr old male

it's extremely hard for me to trust people and i always think that everyone is talking shit behind my back about me. i've kinda grown out of overreacting over petty stuff but it still happens from time to time

my skype is live:levoyross if anyone wants to talk or w/e
>>
>>24527620
>When I am able to connect I'm far too clingy and sincere, resulting in further abandonment and a cycle of feeling inadequate.

This is exactly what locks me in to women with BPD. Once we hit that stage it's over for me. I'm never getting away. No matter who she fucks on the side. No matter how much pain she heaps on me. She's got me. When she comes back I'll be there. Always.

It's funny. I can't even get a date with a healthy women. But I've got 3 of theses that keep coming back. Which might be tolerable if there was any actually sex involved anymore.
>>
20M
I just want to feel like I'm worth loving. Like I can trust people not to leave me. Like I'm something else besides a clingy waste of space. All I do is get high these days because I only feel truly normal when I'm stoned. Not to mention my ex used my mental illness against me when we broke up, which has had me way fucked up for a while.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.