[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long Distance Relationship/Friendship thread? How many of you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

File: feature-gifts.jpg (9KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
feature-gifts.jpg
9KB, 400x265px
Long Distance Relationship/Friendship thread?

How many of you are in one? Do you have any online buds you would like to hang out with? Are they ultimately doomed to fail? Does it depend on how mentality stable each person is?
>>
>>24442457
I was in one for a while.

Honestly my online relationship was the most stable one out of all of my relationships I've had. I truly do miss her.
>>
I have gone on irl dates before and I'm not a virgin nor a shut-in stuff, but I have only ever had Long Distance Relationships date wise so far.

My first long distance relationship was nice, but we got in a fight over something stupid and broke up. I'm thinking of msging her again just to catch up.

My second one was really nice, but I fucked up and hold him that I wasn't sure about moving there. We're pretty close friends now. Gonna visit him next year hopefully.

Now I'm in a thing sort of with another guy. We have been flirting with the idea of one of us moving to the others state. I hope it works out.

I also have some cool online friends, if I was rich I would visit them all. Also all of these relationships just sort of happened. I like talking to people online cause of similar hobbies and its easier to open up more, so it just sorta happens.
-
I kind of created this thread because a friend of mine is in this situation. She's got suckered into one of those dramatic chan discords/steam groups and meant some trap on there. She's kind of transformed into a dickhead, but he's nice to me. The trap she meant is 12 hrs away from her and mentally unstable. I feel bad for her, so I'm wondering how long you guys think she will keep this up?

You guys seem to know alot about this so I thought I'll ask
>>
File: image.jpg (290KB, 1046x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290KB, 1046x800px
In a nutshell:
I "met" a girl off last.fm once. We spoke on and off for a few years. I developed feelings for her over time, but I don't quite think she ever felt the same way. I'm an extremely introverted person so it was nice being able to get close with someone without leaving my comfort zone, but I struggled with some inner demons along the way and the unrequited love wasn't making me feel any better. I became addicted to more than just one poison. I decided it would be best to cut ties since my health was and still is declining.

I'm to this day unsure if I loved her or the idea of her. If that makes any sense. I say if you're gonna jump into something like this, make sure both are fully committed. My friend found someone from the Philippines and he moved there all on his own, got married, wife has a baby on the way even.. I'm not saying I want ALL that, but they clearly both love eachother. They're poor as shit too but they have eachother.

Anyways. I'm just rambling now
>>
Long distance relationships are one of the biggest self-deceptions in the romantic world, my dude. You're dating an idea more than a person.

You don't really love them; you love the person you've created in your head.
>>
In one as of current, and we met on an imt here. I was looking for friends and shit bc I was bored and starting college and of the 70+ guys that messaged me, he was the only one that I meshed with (aka not immediately asking for nudes and trying to fuck me). We kept talking, he developed a crush on me - which was both obvious and cute - but we both tried to stave off our attraction due to past relationships. Eventually we both said fuck it, and we've been official since January. I visited in May and the end of June, he's supposed to be visiting this winter break, and hopefully I can move in this summer.

There's some online buds I'd love to hang out with, but ultimately I'm terrible at communicating and so it's only every once and awhile that I talk to everyone.

>>24442481
Honestly it depends. I know neither me nor my boyfriend are the most mentally stable, but we're both mature enough to admit our faults and (for the most part) willing to talk about things that might not be all that easy to say. Communication is key.

On the other hand this could absolutely blow up in her face in anywhere from a few weeks to months. I hope for your friend's sake that it's the former.
>>
>>24442457
Anon is my long distance friend

I was in a ldr once and now we live together
>>
>>24442457
Long distance relationships are a mess. 6 months ago or so, I met a girl online where we ended up with a relationship, but we're in different countries and she kept pushing for a meetup, but my finances just don't add up for that and she has a child, so I didn't want her to do anything drastic on her end. After a while, I had a busy week where I didn't have time to talk with her during the day, it only summed up to about half an hour of Skype in during the evenings(And honestly, I was getting a little tired of her getting mad every time I managed to make time to talk with her, as she didn't think we spoke enough together), but she ended up breaking up due to that and it was at a time where I was already tired of having to make it up with her every time she as much as suspected I had joked with another girl on friendly terms(In no way flirting, just friendly conversations), so at the time I didn't find the energy to try to make up with her
>>
I traded kiks with someone in an imt and she's the exact type of person I had in mind when made the post. It was a little slow at first but then we quickly started talking almost everday. And she's very recognizable from here because she's gorgeous, but unfortunately we live very far away from eachother with several time zones between us. I think about her and meeting her constantly, but because of her schooling and it's so expensive it might not be for a while. Idk I feel like if she wanted to more we could see each other sooner. She knows I have a huge crush on her but that doesn't stop her from flirting with me and having very sexual conversations. And i don't think she does it for the attention because I don't compliment and put her on a pedestal, but she is amazing. I'm rambling I'll get back on track, is it doomed to fail? Most likely. I'll probably get too intense and have to cut things off so I don't lose it. But the possibility of something serious happening keeps me going. If when i visit things go well, I'd move in a heartbeat

>>24442587
How far away from each other do you live and how long were you together before your first visit? How long have you been together?
>>
>>24442636
Sunday, she asked me to help her on her computer via remote access and I did. Afterwards, she complained that I closed the connection immediately after finishing, asking me if we could start talking again, she asked if I was still single and if I hate her. I am single and I don't hate her, but I really can't make sense of my feelings, I can't figure out if I want a relationship with her or not
>>
>>24442457
My boyfriend and I have been together almost two years. We live about 1,000 miles apart. HOWEVER, we're moving in together next month,

We made it because we're both very independent, and we trust each other completely. We met when I needed space; had we met before then, I don't know if it would have worked. The lack of physical contact let me work out my problems. And also, it is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
>>
>>24442640
He's in Spokane, WA, I'm in Austin, TX. Officially we'd been dating five or so months before we met (became official this January, visited this May), but we've been a more or less thing since November of last year.
>>
>>24442655
When she broke up, she was mad because I couldn't give a time I could visit her and I couldn't because I really don't know when I can and she kept pushing the matter so often it was starting to stress me, even when I tried to work more to get some money to plausibly visit, she would get mad because I wasn't skyping enough. Right now, I could get her back so easily, but I really can't make sense of my feelings if I want to or not.
Oh... Bonus about the remote access she asked me to do on her computer(I'm in no way abusing it, I've only used it to help her when she has asked me to) when I helped her on her computer last, I saw pictures on her desktop of what looked like a guy that had been sending her selfies from bed, I didn't confront her about it as it shouldn't concern me if we're broken up, but as I've said a couple times now, I can't make sense of my feelings about any of it.
>>
>>24442662
Oh, well you've got it better than us with me being in eastern US and she's in the British ilse
>>
>>24442699
Yeah, while not easy it's certainly not as difficult as dating internationally is. I really hope it works out for you bro. If it's any motivation, my parents were dating when my dad was in Arizona and my mom was in Germany, so it can work out.
>>
Can this also be a thread for long distance relationship feels. my ex whom I spoke to the other day to catch up brought a wave of feelings with it that I wasn't really ready for.
>>
>>24442703
Thanks man, i want nothing more in the world than for things to work out. We have SO MUCH in common and I've never "met" any girl like her before
>>
>>24442709
Yeah, go ahead
>>
They're okay but you're also missing out on a lot.

I have had two kinda long distance although we still saw each other a few times a month at least most months. That was hard enough i can't even imagine going months without being with the person you love.

Short distance/"normal" relationships just work better. You don't have to plan everything ahead and can just go and hang out for a few hours with the girl any time you want.

I feel long distance is just something introverted people do because they find it easier to meet someone online and less difficult than face to face but you really are wasting a lot of time even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. Unless you genuinely truly both believe you will eventually move closer together and be together forever then I wouldn't advise it.

If you have to meet someone online (I know how this feels because I used to be really anxious in real life and couldn't seem as fun or interesting than I could online or over text) then try and find someone who is pretty close so you can see at least a few times a month.

You might get to the end of a relationship with someone you've been with for 1 or 2+ years and realise you had barely any memories or moments together.
>>
just got out of a 2 year relationship with a girl on the east coast, the end of the relationship left me feeling bothered by her and a lot of things

so i'm trying to talk to new people who aren't as toxic and abusive. i used to imagine i'd meet my dream gorl on here seeing as how i've spent roughly half of my life in this cesspool

i'm bad at the whole /soc/ thing though i don't get how some of you guys snag contacts from qties here like nothing
>>
File: wut.png (49KB, 456x459px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
49KB, 456x459px
I would kill for a long distance relationship as long as we were both dedicated to it.

I hate this modern idea of casual dating and all the stupid fucking games you have to play. I hate how you have to jump through a thousand hoops just to fucking talk to someone alone for more than five minutes. I'd kill to just have someone to talk on skype with all day and play games with.
>>
>>24442770

Ask yourself why a girl needs to be on 4chan looking for friends. Even more so if she is attractive. These are the kinds of places where toxic people will spend their time. Obviously not everyone but I imagine most here are damaged in some way.

Just use Tinder or go somewhere you fe comfortable and try making friends
>>
>>24442457
Mentally stable? Yes it matters. Bipolar ex cheated on me, same with the depressed one, and the ADHD one.

Don't even bother
>>
>>24442792
See, this is why I'm worried about my friend.

There is no way I can convince him to back out of this huh
>>
>>24442757
Alright well, here it goes.
When I was younger, say 14-17 I was romantically involved with a girl long distance. Whether this relationship has any "Value" is kinda besides the point, it happened, and we were really happy together, but things ended after I made a couple poor choices in a row. We didn't speak at all for a couple years after that but a couple months ago we started talking again. Soon after this first conversation she called me again a while later crying and anxious because her boyfriend had cheated on her. We talked for about 6 hours that night, and only an hour of it was about him. It became a night of us talking about our relationship, culminating in me apologizing for what had happened before, and how she still had a place in my heart. Then she said "Y'know I never thought I'd be open to it, but the idea of us getting back together is becoming real for me again." and these words have rung in my head so much since. Our relationship/friendship was so unlike anything I've had since or prior. The problem is, after saying that she's sent me mixed signals since. She won't talk to me for a couple days at a time (I chalk it up to college), or she'll be kinda distant, then she'll turn on a dime, be really sweet, and do things like sending me nudes (which she rarely does, so it's a surprise when she does so out of the blue), and the cycle continues.

I just don't know if I should really try and pursue something with her again, and like, how would I even bring it up? We're pretty great friends and always have been, we really get along fantastically, and she's really one of a kind in my eyes.

There might be details I'm missing but I dunno, it's late.
>>
They're fucking stupid and a bad idea
>>
If I'm a kissless virgin is it a good idea for my first relationship to be long distance? I worry I'd be easily tricked or idealize too much, but at the same time long distance is probably my only hope...
>>
>>24442457
I have a friend that lives in the same state. I love her to bits and I always want to give her kisses. I just can't get a way to see her atm and it hurts a lot. But we are both strong and respect our lifestyles so I'm sure in soon time we will be together and be able to hold each other. Also I've only talked and video chatted with her. I have yet to even touch her. But I already know I love the girl more than anything.
>>
>>24443889
Having sex and kissing random girls hasn't really done anything for me. It was really nice in the moment, but it hasn't, like.. reinvigorate me or something. I feel nothing but pity for all these guys thinking there's going to be this complete 180 change after getting laid. Go get it out of your system if you must, but ehhh.

Go learn a sport, or repair automobiles, pick up an instrument, paint, find something you can be really passionate about and makes you feel on top of it all, even just in bursts . Much more fulfilling than the ocassional (cali)fornication :p
>>
>>24443889
You will probably idealize too much. Also becareful of not being able to "let go" once they become cancerous

It could work but you need alot of mental strength
>>
I'm talking to this girl. I'm developing feelings for her. I'm pretty sure this is insane and I am bound for a heartbreak.
>>
>>24442662
Also in ATX. Also in a long-distance friendship (not relationship because ive had a bad experience with those). Theyre moving down here from philly this january though so maybe we'll be serious then. Ive wanted to move to spokane, WA too. How do they like it there?
>>
Do you guys think online group friendships are fragile? Especially between memers who get no sleep and anime shitpost all the time? I feel like these smug anime lord dudes are the most likely to cannibalize themselves in their discord and steam groups.

I think 1 on 1 friendships are safer
>>
File: raindog.jpg (180KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
raindog.jpg
180KB, 700x420px
I don't give a shit about romance but I would love to find a long distance, close friendship. I'm in a Skype group with some people I met on an anime chat site years ago but I'm not particularly close to any of them. I drop by every now and then to say hi, when they're in between LoL games. That's probably the longest online friendship for me.

I add people from 4chan, but they hardly ever stick around. I only have one friend who messages me semi-regularly, but right now I think he's addicted to another video game and has a Skype group full of gamers he would rather "hang out" with.

I have some people on my contact list I message periodically, but most of them give me very short, bland answers and make hardly any effort to continue the conversation. It sucks to feel like you're just another annoyance. I just want someone to message throughout the day and talk about our lives with. Someone to give support and encouragement to and have it reciprocated. Obviously, I don't have this kind of friendship IRL.
>>
File: 1460068061175.png (274KB, 529x713px) Image search: [Google]
1460068061175.png
274KB, 529x713px
>>24442776
Whatever you say Vyro
>>
>>24442542
Ouch, but yeah I agree with this for the most part. You usually only get each others nice side

>>24444930
Location and stuff? What stuff do you like btw?
>>
>>24442827
She sounds indecisive or she might be talking to someone at the same time. You might be plan B or she's deciding which one of you is plan B.

Its tough, hopefully it ends well for you
>>
most seem to have failed in my experience
but then so have physical relationships
so
ymmv??
>>
>>24444930

You sound really nice and cool, anon. I hope you find your friend.
>>
>>24445171
Thanks man. I feel pretty shitty about it, I hope it ends well for me
>>
>>24445166
I'm in the US. I like cooking, anime/manga, retro games, dogs, wine and creating my own cocktails, discussing movies and TV shows, certain types of music. I like gardening but my garden is dead until spring now so uh... not much going on there. I really like getting to know people and will talk about almost anything. I like sending people pictures and videos of whatever I'm up to.

>>24445323
Thank you so much. I hope so too.
>>
>>24446101
What are your contact details?
>>
>>24446152
I'm trying not to post my stuff that much anymore since last time I got spammed. Do you have kik? I can add you.
>>
>>24446230
I'm isthmuses on KiK.
>>
>>24446101
I wouldn't mind chatting either, you sound cool
>>
>>24444334

I say ATX bc it's obv heard of but really I'm in San Marcos.

He hates it in Spokane, though that can be chalked up mostly to the fact that a) he's a night security guard so his primary social interaction is with the hooligans and degenerates that fuck around and he has to deal with and b) I'm not there. When I visited it wasn't all bad, it's pretty, the people seem alright. Once he gets back on I'll ask him in his own words, but that's what I know.
>>
>>24446559
Post kik
>>
I have a strong feeling the guy I'm in a long distance relationship is losing interest in me. It sucks a lot because I've fallen very hard for him. I don't know why I came to this thread.
>>
>>24446101
What state/region are you in?
>>
>>24446633
East coast
>>
>>24442783
bingo
>>
>>24444334
In his words:
"If the meth heads were dead and you were here
it'd be 8/10
good location
near portland and seattle
decent job number
Its just like a whiter detroit"
>>
>>24446787
I hate this poem. It is bad by every measure.
>>
>>24446794
Um, excuse me my boy is the e.e. cummings of his time.
>>
>>24442542
This is true if you never meet. Before ANY major decisions in a long distance relationship are made, you HAVE to spend at least a few months straight with them. Experiencing someone through all four seasons is best.

If you can never meet them until you move in together, then don't do it. The problems you will face afterword will be much harder to deal with. If you can't meet due to finances then you really shouldn't be in a LDR to begin with...someone will have to move eventually and if you cant even afford to see each other then you're going to instantly have money problems on your hands and that is no way to begin a life with someone.
>>
>>24446810
e.e. cummings blows chafed donkey dick

no wonder I hate that poem, then

also I'm not a boy I'm a girl
>>
>>24446820
Um, excuse me my boy is the [insert poet you don't detest] of his time.

I didn't say you were a boy, my boy referred to my bf whom I was quoting.
>>
6 days ago I broke up with my LDR boyfriend of almost 5 months(knew him for a year beforehand). I've been in LDRs and irl relationships before, but I can say for certain this one has hurt me the most. Fuck I've been an absolute wreck the past few days. I haven't talked to anybody about it yet and it's absolutely killing me.
>>
>>24446836
oh well then the boy/girl thing is whatever

but all poetry blows donkey dick

cummings was just especially bad, bcuz pathetic bleeding heart
>>
>>24442457
I'm currently in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend and we're nearing 3 years together. We dated through college for more than 2 years, and now we're on completely opposite sides of the country. She's in medical school, and I'm still trying to get in.

We fight, probably more often than we normally would, but I think we've only grown stronger from it. Part of me thinks it's because we dated for a long time before this, and another part of me thinks it's because we're both actually in love with one another. It helps that she's seriously special snowflake hot too. The worst part about all of this is not being physically next to eachother. It's not even JUST the no sex, it's no cuddling, no massages, no sleeping together, no bullshit everyday conversations about inconsequential stuff as we brush our teeth. When she does have time to talk, which can be sometimes every day or multiple times a day, to every 5 days depending on how busy she is, we mostly play catch up. It's hard to celebrate the small things like the day of the month we started dating, and it's hard to be there for one another.

Honestly, since the start of our LDR, I've struggled. Being a 23yo male with lots of /fit/ test, I'm always looking to fuck around, but I can never bring myself to do it because I love this girl so much. It helps that we take turns visiting every few months. We spend most of the time fucking each other silly and getting used to living with one another, even if it's just for a weekend. I guess I'd say I'm about as happy as I can be with my relationship, given the circumstances. The only criticism is, she doesn't send nudes...

I think our relationship story has always been pretty interesting, but it also makes me feel like a teenage girl writing a blog. Sorry if this post already sounds like that.
>>
>>24442457
Met my fiancé on WoW. We have been together for the last 7years and are getting married in April. Long distance has its ups and downs and definitely isn't for everyone.
>>
>>24446861
I'm in a similar situtation. Currently on another continent for work for a few months, so visiting is not an option…
But yeah, this is so true:
>The worst part about all of this is not being physically next to eachother. It's not even JUST the no sex, it's no cuddling, no massages, no sleeping together, no bullshit everyday conversations about inconsequential stuff as we brush our teeth.
If she only where some hot bimbo, I would probably not care, and try fuckin around, but she's not only hot, but perfect in every way.
>The only criticism is, she doesn't send nudes...
Damn, that sucks. I'm mostly chatting with her via whatsapp, and we only have a very small window of time where we are both available due to fuckin time zones, but those are always the favorite part of my day.
I'm just not sure how to kepp talking with her. It all feels so weird and repetitive.
Essentially its always something like
>how was your day?
>maybe random picture from that day
>What are you doing this evening/day?
>I love you
>yoou are so hot!
>picture
Not complaining, but I am afraid that this might become boring.
>>
>>24442457
I'm going into the 5th month of a long distance relationship, I've known him 2 or 3 months before that and we got to know eachother and got along really well. I don't think it is for everyone and you have to be willing to work around with each other and its very hard to be able to tell a persons intentions and true feelings when you don't have them in front of you since you can't read their body language which is like 80% of human communication. I'm a shy shut in guy so like me going out and meeting someone isn't really ideal and I doubt I'd actually meet anyone I like around where I live. There isn't many people where I live so I mostly have to seek out people online even friends. I met this guy and we really hit it off and he was real nice but not in the creepy overly insincere nice. He is a very genuine person and we have similar interests (video games, audiophile stuff, anime, cats). I don't think online relationships are for everyone its a lot of work and its very difficult. You really need to find a person you can really trust to make something like that work. Luckily after a lot of shitty people I met him and I can't really express in words how much I appreciate this person. I don't really know when we plan to meet eachother we haven't talked about it much but I'd probably be willing to go get a job and save up. Which would be hard for me but I'll find I way and make it work.

Either way with online dating you're going to come across a lot of people who don't actually care about you and are just looking for you to feed them attention and boost their ego. They'll get bored of you after a while and leave you in a month or so. I've experienced this on numerous occasions. Don't let kind words fool you. Actions speak a lot louder than words. Are they actually willing to spend time with you or are you just a second thought in the background?
>>
>>24447073
The lack of nudes to jerk to is probably the single greatest factor making me depraved enough to consider fucking around on her. I don't think I ever will, but the entire situation makes it all suck a lot worse.

As for the repetitiveness, I feel you, considering all my gf does is study. Still, I feel like we both find interesting things in each other's lives that we share and I still love talking with her. For instance, I'm big into firearms, refinishing antiques, and making furniture, not to mention I work as an EMT and in mental health so there's always something new to talk about. Meanwhile, because she's cute and unassuming, people like to confide a bunch of stuff in her, so she's always including me on the gossip, and the drama amongst her roommates and school. We talk about a lot of mundane shit, and stuff we see on the internet though too. I guess that's the deciding factor of wether or not you're meant to last, if you can have the same conversation over and over again and still look forward to it.
>>
i get more obsessive in ldrs than i do in rl relationships
i consider my true best friend to be someone i met online 5 years ago. i couldn't think of anyone more compatible, it's crazy. it's like a soulmate but platonic. im in love and so happy.
>>
>>24447133
>I guess that's the deciding factor of wether or not you're meant to last, if you can have the same conversation over and over again and still look forward to it.
Probably.
It's not like I dont enjoy talking with her anymore or something, but it's just not as good as the real thing.
I'm kinda afraid that I'm "demanding" too much sexting and nudes. There is only so many ways to tell someone how you are going to insert your reproductive organ in theirs.
>>
Um. Let's see...

My first experience of relationship was a long distant one. He was three years older than me. We didn't hit it off the back. We actually became really good friends. I met him when MySpace had a chat room system before they took it down; he was pretty interesting. We started talking, leaving small messages once in a while, then things started to become daily, and we became the bestest of friends. We talked about relationships, and it wasn't until I asked him out or how he felt about me and we felt the same for each other. Our relationship lasted five years, the best I could ever remember. He immediately changed when his parents forced him into the hospital believing he was anorexic. Long story short, it made him insane and after that, we broke up and that's when depression hit me. I tried to date other guys who had potential to rekindle that similar feeling, it was all trials and errors.

I met someone at the beginning of this year, he's a bit younger than I am, I'm not so much keen of that, and neither did I like giving my hopes and my love up. We ended up chatting, getting to know each other really well, getting really close, and then we started dating up to now. After all I've been through, it's tough for me, but I'm still learning to calm myself and hope the person I am currently with will be with each other permanently. We met each other once physically when his family vacationed here, it was like living a dream—

I'll be visiting him this December in his hometown. I'm a bit nervous, but very excited knowing this is real.

As for any online friends, I do have one who is my best friend. We've been with each other around the same time my first lover and I were together. After my break up with him, I left out messages in the game I met my best friend in, and he came to reply back after a couple of days later. We traded each other's email and became close.

We are still the best of friends today.

That's my experience, I guess—?
>>
>>24444930
>>24446101
>It sucks to feel like you're just another annoyance.
I know how this feels

>I just want someone to message throughout the day and talk about our lives with.
I'd like something like this again

kik: cantoadoupe
>>
I actually had a great experience with an online friend of mine.

We were buds for like 6 years and he was nearby so I drove an hour to pick him up then an hour back.

We chilled at my house, shared my bed, messed with guns, watched pokemon vids together, went to a flea market, and ate good food together, spotted one another for weight lifting, played SFV together. I also made him suffer through listening to rappyMcrapperson while he was cleaning his SKS 93.

I hope to live closer to friends in the future.

Makes me wish I had more contact with more people but we're both unusual individuals.
>>
>>24442462
Why did it end
>>
>>24444203
End it before it gets too far if that's the case dude
>>
>>24446595
What happened
>>
>>24450202
Nothing really. It's just obvious that he's kind of distracted or not as interested in talking to me as he used to be, which really hurts because I've really opened myself up to him. I can't remember the last time he asked me how my day was or what I was up to, or the last time asked me a question in general.
I already have a lot on my plate at the moment and I don't have enough energy to be the only person trying to put effort in our conversations. The worst part is that he's basically the only person I talk to now and I feel like an idiot for letting myself get so attached to him. I've never felt this way about anyone.
I feel like a stupid teenager typing all of this out but I have no where else to go with these feelings. I don't really want to bring it up with him because I'll just sound incredibly needy.
>>
I've been dating my long distance boyfriend for nearly three years and I've known him for about 6 years. We live over 5000 miles apart but we make it work super well I think.

We're both pretty much NEETs and have all the great anxiety and depression; but somehow it works really well because we can be there for each other when we need it. He's my best friend and the best emotional support I could ever ask for.

I've been over to see him 4 times (one which lasted 6 months of living with him) and he's been over to see me 3 times. We've spent a total of like 1.5 years together.

I'm planning on moving in with him sometime next year and marrying him.
>>
>>24451240
sounds like my situation, wanna kik?
>>
>>24451240

Where do you live and where does he live, if you don't mind me asking? It's great make it work with such a large distance.
>>
>>24451331
I live in Cali and he lives in the UK. I really love it over there, weather's actually the same/better weirdly enough.
>>
I have only been in two long distance relationships. They both failed. While people say im a nice and caring person when they get to know me, they sure dont want to date me. Im open to a LDR so long as its actually doable. But all i seem to attract are assholes.

Im 22 and a male btw. I mean, if a non male (trans is ok) wants to talk to me, you can kik me at somethingseperate. I guess.
>>
I just broke up with my long distance girlfriend. Well she broke up with me like a couple hours ago honestly. They're doomed to me, but I have had friends who never had a problem. Friendships are alot easier imo. I have had 1 week LDR but friendships have been going on years now.
>>
He cut off contact out of the blue.
>>
I lived in Australia for 2 years, became best buds with someone, moved back to MN... still talk daily but would really like to hang out and hug him... feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>24451060
Going through something similar, kik me if you want

dindunuffinlol
>>
>>24451060
Do you know why he's distracted or not as interested anymore? What happened?
>>
It was 2,5 years, approx 2k km. Every season I was visiting her for at least 2 weeks.
Everything went to shit not because of the distance, but because of our immaturity and inexperience. Though distance is quite a catalyst.
It was my idea to break up, though the relationship was already dead by that time.
Still, don't regret anything, though still miss her.
>>
I'm in a long distance with my fiancee now, we were in a really close relationship for two years before the move. Now we live 1k km apart but we are doing fine. After 4 months the relationship is better than ever.
>>
File: thye.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
thye.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>24442457
I once dated a girl from South Carolina online, talked to her daily, had a fight with one of her ex-boyfriends, but it never got past that. I live in Brazil which would make it absolutely impossible for me to visit her, and in the end we stopped talking.

I also dated some girls from my country online when I was a teenager, we played games together, but I started dating a girl irl so I stopped talking to her. I still talk to some of them through Whatsapp or Skype.
>>
Relevant video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MOP03V7hrI

>>24442783

Get out of here you normy scum.

>>24444930
>>24447704

My problem is essentially this. I often feel like I am the one who REALLY wants to be friends, but most people I meet seem completely apathetic.

>>24444930

Anything besides kik, anon? tfw no kik.
>>
I'm not sure if this thread gives me hope or not
>>
>>24454957
Got Skype?
>>
>>24456270

tfw no Skype. :(
>>
File: 1443937808140.jpg (1MB, 2048x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1443937808140.jpg
1MB, 2048x1357px
I've talked to a lot of girls online. It's much easier for me to actually converse through text, or even sometimes voice chat, if it's just through the internet, and I've made a lot of good friends but no decent relationships that haven't left a hole in my heart. The main problem is that all of these people are hundreds or thousands of miles away and will eventually just lose interest in me.

But going beyond all that, I feel it's just too easy for people to brush you off as not really existing when it's online y'know? I'm a guy, and I've really become rather jaded towards the world of online dating. Typically if you meet a girl online, she's also meeting 10, 20, or 100 other guys because she's putting herself out there with a sign that says "I'm single please talk to me" attracting any number of men, and if she's actually pretty cool and you really like her chances are those other guys really like her too. From there chances are there's a handful of guys who live much closer to her. I've just never managed to be the closest guy, so it isn't convenient, and no one wants to wait around through some shitty LDR if they can just grab the next best thing because he lives 15 minutes away compared to 6 hours away by plane.

It's just all too common that people will flake on you. Whether because they just don't like you, or they think just removing your contact without saying why will hurt less, or they met someone else and decided it'd just be easier to be in a relationship with them. Sadly, there's no girl as desperate and lonely as I am who would be willing to put up with the distance for a sub par guy such as myself.
>>
My long distance boyfriend broke up with me this morning.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.