[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Any Seattlefags here? I moved here in August from the South.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: seattleskyline.jpg (858KB, 1600x826px) Image search: [Google]
seattleskyline.jpg
858KB, 1600x826px
>Any Seattlefags here?

I moved here in August from the South. I'm still adjusting to the culture.
I go out weekly to dive bars and concerts by myself, and make plenty of small talk, but nothing ever comes from exchanging numbers.

I don't know anyone to bring me into their social circle, so I'm havin' a hard time making friends.

>How and where do I go to get over the "Seattle freeze"?
>>
File: 20160809_173012.jpg (989KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_173012.jpg
989KB, 2560x1536px
>>
>>24432803
Must be you... beating people off me with sticks, lol.
>>
>>24433009
You got a taste of the seattle freeze as well?
>>
>>24433483
No. I like to be alone but Seattleites don't leave me alone... hence I have to beat them off me with sticks.
>>
File: 1441907606210.jpg (418KB, 1760x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1441907606210.jpg
418KB, 1760x1275px
>>24433496
>Where are you going then?

Most people here are fine with casual conversation, but as for making actual 'yo, let's hang out again" Even when I passively speak how I'm looking for concert buddies and such...no such luck.

Best I have making making my face known with the routine customer base at dive bars, and talking with them while intoxicated.
>>
Idk Im from the east of the state

What's up?
>>
>>24433589
Like Leavenworth, I went there this summer?

I'm so new to this city, I gotta use GPS almost everywhere I go.
>>
>>24433573
>>Where are you going then?

I'm not telling you, lol! Then you'll be all drunk and start bothering me too!

Like I said, I enjoy being on my own. Maybe when you're drunk you come across needy of something.

I get invited places and go because of how I was raised... perhaps do your own thing and genuinely be happy and people will take notice.
>>
>>24433670

Even more east. Are you enjoying it?
>>
>>24433688
>Maybe when you're drunk you come across needy of something.
Not even. I go to bars and shows, keep to myself, and just have polite casual conversation.

I'm from the South. I got southern manners and hospitality. Seattle is just ..weird.

>>24433690
Constantly gray and drizzling. Good music scene. Everything is expensive as fuck. Hipsters and yuppies everywhere. But beyond those negatives and such, It's okay.
>>
File: IMG_4435.jpg (2MB, 4200x2550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4435.jpg
2MB, 4200x2550px
>>24433744
>I'm from the South. I got southern manners and hospitality.

Maybe that's it. See, many southerners think they are being nice, but it really comes across as phony and insincere. I wouldn't call a place weird if I was complaining that I'm not fitting in or being excluded, that's just how I was brought up.
>>
>>24432803
Awww, bruv.

I'm going to Seattle as soon as I'm done with this college. Seems like such an awesome place.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.