[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interest Thread Tell us about the stuff that you could talk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: f5kQ32S[1].jpg (442KB, 1280x859px) Image search: [Google]
f5kQ32S[1].jpg
442KB, 1280x859px
Interest Thread

Tell us about the stuff that you could talk about for hours, and add kik to chat if you wanna.

Right now I'd wanna talk about horror video games/movies, and general macabre locations/subjects.

kik: dannyabels97
>>
>>24346559
Guns. Lovecraft. History.
You played Eternal Darkness for gamecube?
>>
>>24346566
I tried to track down a copy a while ago. Couldn't find one within my budget and not too fond of emulators.
>>
>>24346575
it's fun.
>>
>>24346584
So I've heard. It's a classic. Shame the kickstarter for the spiritual successor didn't pan out.
>>
>>24346590
Truth. Has a lot of goodness.
>>
Occult/esoteric things, mostly. I have plenty of other interests, but I get along better with others interested in the /x/-tier things.

[email protected]
>>
Softwares and electronics and robotics and nuclear stuff

I could go on about it for hours, but i learned to keep my mouth shut as it always attracts the worst intellectual wannabees, i usually end up with some flip head that suddenly decides that their adept opinions are valid in my line of work although they don't have the licences or security clearances,
>>
>>24346644
>>Thinks having a security clearance makes you more qualified.
>>
>>24346644
m8 you sound pretty elitist
>>
>>24346651

In a way it does

since i know the routines and procedures on the other side of the gates

people have a lot of opinions regarding my workplace but its like speaking about diving without any practical experience
>>
>>24346675
Every useless sack of skin I've worked with in my military days had the same clearance as me. Druggies, whores, manic depressive, psychotic, abusive, wife beaters, husband beaters, cheaters, and other horrible people. All with security clearances, secret, TS, and beyond.
>>
>>24346671

well my point is that if people claim they like high tech

they should go buy a microprocessor emulator and a breadboard and get some first hands experiences

Or purchase a beam splitter cube and build an interferometer of whatever

not watching some science show with Michio Kaku simplifying something down to a level where there isnt even any point even talking about it
>>
>>24346693

like it takes any scientific degree or any effort other than good physique to get into the military

i got assholes at my workplace too but they are called security guards

i dont really regard them as a contributing portion of the staff
>>
>>24346706
>>People who like food should be farmers, not posers.
>>People who like movies should get behind or in front of a camera.
>>People who like reading should pick up a pen.
>>People who like cars should be engineers.
Liking something doesn't mean you need to know everything about every aspect of it. Why can't you just accept other peoples interests and encourage them instead of sitting on your hoighty-toity Ivory tower?
>>24346718
You have a piece of paper from somewhere that took your money, and passed a back ground check. I bet your mom is so proud of you...
>>
>>24346727

Look im not saying that everyone should be working in technology

im just saying that its a pain to that can talk about it in a constructive manner

for example if we are in the process of identifying potential problem within the gearbox in a valve actuator by looking at sampled current consumptions

some moron hijacks the discussion and wants to talk about how the technology could be used in submarines and how cool that would be...

i dont know where to begin

i my education paid itself many times over thanks for your concern
>>
>>24346771
Well that would be cool. I bet engineers in the 1400's were bored of some fuck talking about making stupid war machines, and using the technology you work with to make hypothetical flying machines.
That'd be annoying as fuck. But it's people like you who kept Da Vinci down!
We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.
Maybe you should work at a place that actually matters instead of riding on government money, hiring every useless scientific mind like the people you're so upset about.
If you're so above everyone else, why aren't you somewhere better?

And your writing style is abrasive. I bet you think you're a poet, too.
>>
>>24346559
Muh nigga
>>
>>24346796

Actually what i am doing is pretty much hands on

what would you know adout da vinci anyway? just because youre familiar with that name doesnt make you a scholar

you can dream all you want but if you dont put it into practice nothing will happen, as for your dismissive mindset about theory, i hope you do understand that where hard physical work and manpower doesnt get you where you want thats is exactly where theory and modeling steps in, its the only thing that enables you to take a step further

im not pissed about people talking about science but i am pissed about people not knowing what they are talking about
>>
>>24346852
Good for you.

You seem to be familiar with the name as well. What would you know, dear sir? Just because you question what others know doesn't make you a scholar. Actually... that sums you up.

I also think that the rest of what you said sums you up. You THINK I'm saying things, and having opinions that I'm not. You mold the world in your head to fit your of views.
My fiancee was with someone like that before we met. He beat their dog. I bet you do the same.
>>
>>24346870

Well i know enough for my employer to give me about the same salary as you are getting, with the distinct difference that he tags another zero to it

In addition you seems to be projecting a lot of your personality disorders onto me

As for me beating a dog... when where we talking about animal care? and why in the world would i keep a dog when i live in the middle of the city?

I think i get what your coming from and you just gave yourself away
>>
>>24346992

Well I think we are about done here

your self diagnosing abilities are outstanding thou
>>
>>24347007
You can finish this whenever your ready. I've showed you the door, but only you can open it.
>>
File: 1455753172968.gif (2MB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
1455753172968.gif
2MB, 320x179px
>>24347011
this guy clearly has some issues, please keep goin
>>
Warfare, music, advice, videogames, anything.
Just sucks being lonely, eh.
Kik: Zelderp
I speak multiple languages.
>>
>>24347167
What interests you in warfare?
>>
>>24347185
are you the anon from georgia?
>>
>>24347185
War is hell.
I have some friends in the war in Ukraine, some friends in Iraq that are directly affected by terrorism.
There's something really captivating about war.
Maybe it's the great feeling of dying for your country. Multifactorial, really.
>>
>>24347191
I've been many places, but not there.
>>24347198
In that sense, yes. There is a misguided honor about it. But endangering your life because some cat who joined before you, and therefore has more rank, told you too, even though everyone thinks they're an idiot. that is what hell is.
Hell is also beating your meat to Johanna Angel taking it in the pooper when a rocket flies thirty feet over your bunk, and explodes a building a block over.
>>
religion, deep philosophical stuff, life n shit, movies, tv, books, art, games i guess?
kik; fishyjelly3
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.