[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible that people with different opinions can still

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

Is it possible that people with different opinions can still be friends?
>>
>>24287565
Yes.
In fact, being able to properly state an opinion of your own is a good quality.

I see no interest in people, with whom I agree on every topic raised. Ones, with whom I may have a debate or argument exchange are way more interesting.
>>
>>24287565
If they're both adults about it.
>>
>>24287565
Not if that opinion makes them a retard scumfuck
>>
>>24287565
Differing opinions yes. But someone who supports trump and a rational human being can't be friends.
>>
>>24287565
I don't think so.

It will eventually come up. It has to.
>>
>>24287565
It depends on how you two act about it. If you act as adults and respect others opinions, even if you think they are entirely wrong, then you will do fine. But if one of you goes full retard over an issue then there is a good chance the friendship could end.
>>
>>24287599
This.

Trump isn't "the other guy". He represents legitimate efforts by a small but determined group of people to reassert white men as holding dominion over all other groups of people, despite the progress which has been made.

It's a dangerous and totally irrational group, and supporting Trump is therefore patently absurd and unacceptable.
>>
Yes
One of my best friends is a dirty BLM supporting commie and we are still friends(though when he referred to cops as "pigs" and that"it's open season on them" I won't lie that I almost lost it)
>>
File: 1447202369920.gif (1MB, 294x350px) Image search: [Google]
1447202369920.gif
1MB, 294x350px
>>24287599
How tolerant of you
>>24290904
Could you be more of a hypocrite?
>>
>>24287565
I prefer friends that I can intellectually argue with. It makes up for better conversation.

People who constantly agree with me, annoy me.

As long as they don't start personally attacking me, I enjoy debating.
>>
>>24291038

Most Americans are grossly politically misinformed. I can straight up name an economic stimulus plan by Hillary or Obama and tell it to Trump supporters and ask if they support it.

They wouldn't know the difference.

Most Americans play off of their own emotions. Their ballot pick isn't logically derived.
>>
>>24287599
You have to go back
>>
Be me:
>very openly gay
>mixed race
>atheist
> socially liberal fiscally moderate; usually vote dem in elections

Literally all of my friends are alt right Neo Nazis. And that's no exaggetation. They're actual Nazis; in and out of jail. One of my buddies is Aryan Brotherhood and he still has me and my bf over for dinner with his wife. I'm his son's godfather.

Honestly we all just respect eachother's right to believe what we want and try not to discuss politics. I've had the same circle of friends for almost a decade way before they got into WPWW. They were always real supportive of me coming out when I was younger. First people I told.
>>
>>24291063
>Their ballot pick isn't logically derived.
You would be right if you were talking about leftists
Trump supporters have been regularly informed on what they're voting for though and have been for literally an entire year
Even if the majority are still bluepill as fuck it doesn't make it any less of a right decision
>>
>>24291086
Neo-Nazis aren't alt-right homeboy
Alt-right are normies who listen to talk radio a lot
Neo-Nazis are literally people who were force-fed the Jew pill and their minds went to mush because they wouldn't handle it. They're just as stupid as hoodrats
Also people are people. When you're real friends you don't let ideology and beliefe get in the way of that
>>
You CTR shill's on here are pathetic. Trump stands for turning around the absolute destroying of the American economy, that was started by the Clintons, who sold out our country to China in particular, in exchange for illegal campaign contributions, to allow them to win the presidency. They then spent the next 8 years renting out the Lincoln bedroom in the white house, for large campaign donations. Nafta, MFN for China, and Gatt, have cost our economy trillions of dollars. Thank them for a 12 TRILLION dollar trade deficit, since those agreements were signed. But hey, it made them mega rich for it.

A trump supporter and an obamination supporter can still be friends, as long as they don't go all fanatical on argueing their politics. With a Shillary Clinton supporter? Not a chance. Her supporters are violent narrow minded people, incapable of having an intelligent rational discussion. (See all the news stories of violent attacks on people wearing Trump clothing, there isn't any of his supporters doing violent attacks on her's, because that doesn't happen.
>>
>>24291106
wow

They do exist. they are this stupid...
>>
>>24291116
Its funny because that's exactly what we say about you
The funny thing is that we just want to keep our country, you want to turn our country into something it isn't instead of leaving like you should be
If you aren't going to change yourself change your scenery
>>
>>24291102
Alt right is how they identify and the online communities they're a part of and the blogs they follow reflect that. Whether or not you wanna associate with them, those dudes are in the community.
>>
>>24291143
Alt-right was literally invented by the MSM and pretty much amounts to anyone on the right who isn't up the Republicans ass but still loves them.
IE: squares
If your friends are too ignorant to know this and mislabel themselves that's their problem.
>>
>>24287571
Finding ones that can be an adult about the differences though, is the hard part.
>>
>>24291137
Pretty sure as an american I have a right to not like what your party likes and fight for what I want too. But you go ahead and stick to the status quo of only listening to old white men who don't know what they're talking about. Who are you trying to keep it from? The people that have as much of a right to be there as you do dumbass?
>>
>>24291188
>The people that have as much of a right to be there as you do
But you don't
You're as unamerican as it gets therefore by default you have no right to fight for what you believe in.
What you believ in is the exact opposite of the American foundation.
Go live somewhere else, you aren't welcome here and neither is anyone else that holds your ideals.
>Old white men
White men are what built this country, you don't like it you can fucking leave
>>
>>24291206
I was born here, I live here. I am an american. This isn't up for debate those are literally the rules? You are being unamerican by trying to deny me my rights? Also you're an idiot, if you're trolling can you make it a little harder for me to deflate your arguments? If I don't like it I can change it.
>>
>>24291222
Eh. Ignore him. He's one of the people who harps about what the country was built on, then ignores the Constitution and other writings by the founding fathers when they're inconvenient.
>>
>>24291086
You're mixed race and you associate with Aryan Brotherhood? What the fuck? You must be a troll. Your friends probably see you as one of the "good ones" that aren't going to get in the way of their agenda. I dated a fundamentalist Muslim girl for a while, but i dropped it when she pointed out that she believed "rampant homosexuality" to be one of the seven signs of the oncoming apocalypse. She appreciated her lesbian friend but ultimately thought of her as harmful and subhuman. There's being open-minded, and then there's doublethink. Grow a spine. Your so-called friends don't believe in your best interest.
>>
>>24291222
Actually most countries on the planet, you are not automatically a citizen due to having been born on their soil. You parents actually have to have been their LEGALLY and at least one of them a citizen of that nation, or you are NOT automatically granted citizenship. This get pushed out here and you are now a citizen has long been a democrat scam to get more uneducated no kill minorities to be yellow dog democraps.
>>
>>24291310
Seriously, if you weren't already their friends, ideologically you'd be one the first against the wall. In being their friend you're basically selling everybody else who identifies even remotely like you out.
>>
>>24291281
I know I'm just arguing because I know he has nothing to back up any of his shit with.

>>24291316
Like this isn't even coherent. It's a troll.
>>
>>24291316
So you espouse how great the United States is, but you talk about how screwed up the US is when it differs from other countries.

Have you considered perhaps those things which set America apart from other countries might have had a hand in what's made America a great nation?
>>
>>24287599
lmao this is shitlib "tolerance" in a nutshell

>hurr only my opinion is truly enlightened *tips fedora*
>>
>>24291350
The thing is. I do believe that. If you're stupid enough to support trump I have no respect for you or your opinion. Call me whatever you want I'm still right lol. Your complaints give me power mwhahaha.
>>
I think it's entirely possible be friends with somebody who have different opinions. I believe in having am open mind. However, if their differing opinions are part of something that directly harms people who are close to me or my community I would not attempt to employ the sort of milquetoast doublethink that would allow me to be their friend.
>>
>>24291350
That's not what that anon said though? Why is /pol/ so terrible about these sorts of things?
>>
>>24287599
>>24290904
How can people lack so much self awareness? Do you ever stop to just look at yourselves and think where you might be going wrong?
>>
>>24291389
Deliberate misinterpretation is a game on f4Chan
>>
>>24291389
I'm starting to think that maybe this thread was deliberately created to be a /pol/ containment thread
>>
>>24291310
>>24291335
Believe me, I've got a spine. You can't seem to appreciate people as people though. What I think is actually tearing this country apart isn't red pillers and it ain't blue pillers either. It's the growing divide and the stupid us against them mentality.

People are people; not just someone. No matter how different two people are you can always find common ground with them. Not everyone is just a strawman fallacy waiting to be knocked over.

Seriously these guys have been my best friends since grade school. I'm the legal godfather to my AB buddy's son. You really think he considers me "subhuman"?These were literally the first people I ever told I was gay growing up and they were never anything but supportive. They've always stuck up for me and backed me up in a fight. They even voted in favor of gay marriage in this state.

You are right though. Maybe if our entire lives went differently, we would be so chummy but it did and we are. Learn to see people as people and not just politics.

Seriously you call other people close minded but you're just as close minded to anyone who doesn't think like you. That isn't even egalitarianism. It's just stupid.
>>
>>24291431
Yeah white supremacy isn't just politics buddy. You're gross.
>>
>>24291431
>You can't seem to appreciate people as people though.
>It's the growing divide and the stupid us against them mentality.
Anon, thank you for existing. It seems not many people have this mentality. Everywhere I see people preaching tolerance who are perhaps the most hateful and intolerant people.

I'm Hispanic and support Trump. I used to be completely independent but I did research on both Hillary and Trump. But what struck me the most was how the supporters differed. If I told a Trump supporter I was independent, it seemed I would get told a lot of good things about Trump and why Hillary was bad, which is expected. But if I told a Hillary supporter I was independent, I was usually met with something along the lines of "are you stupid" and "have you even SEEN his speeches?" I was put down often.

For years I had thought it was always liberals good conservative bad, but when I stopped and really analyzed who was under these labels, I saw things I didn't like from both sides, yet a massive amount of hypocracy from the liberal side.

And yet, all my friends are liberal or lean left. I hide the fact that I'm for Trump. I accept their political beliefs, I've listened to Hillary and have even agreed with some things she said because I learned to accept everyone no matter what. But I realize if I told them I was for Trump, I wouldn't have friends anymore.
>>
>>24291399
We think this same thing about you bub.

>>24291431
I personally wouldn't feel comfortable in a friendship with a neo nazi. I am close minded towards other close minded people and racism is one of those things...That said, to each their own and I think it's very interesting that you and these people do have a civil relationship. Some on my side would argue that you "owe" minorities solidarity and to not associate with these people but I think the only person you "owe" is yourself and if you feel good about your decisions and what you're doing go ahead and keep doing it. I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to give you shit for it though.

We're all entitled to our own ideas and opinions. I tend not to respect people who care more about their ideals than the well being of everyone.
>>
>>24287565
Thats it then, It's Over, I have been PERMANENTLY banned from streaming on Twitch.TV for "harassment".
It's 100% confirmed.
My life is ruined. Everything is ruined, Everything I did, is ruined.
I fucked up, my life is destroyed...
& this is how it ends.
I don't know what to say.
I failed you guys. I let you all down, I failed.
>>
>>24291456
Excellent post Anon. Anytime someone disagrees with a Shillary libtard, you are instantly attacked as being a racist. Support Trump, and you are called a Nazi and a brown shirt. The thing is, the party that I using violence to block people from attending rallies to see a candidate, Is the Dems. Trump rallies have had the supporters repeatedly attacked hen they leave an appearance. They try to mas block prevent him from even being able to get to the venue. Thee are the tactics of the actual brown shirts from the Nazi party. The dem.s radicalized supporters do not ant to let democracy work, and allow people to vote, they are using voter intimidation tactics, while also doing everything they can, to prevent his message from even being heard, while delaying and obstructing, all of the investigations into Hillary's corrupt time at the state department, to try to keep the documents from being released before election day, because they do not wish an informed vote on their candidate.
>>
File: Clinton pic2.jpg (22KB, 480x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clinton pic2.jpg
22KB, 480x523px
Always remember this one..........

Hillary wasn't good enough for Bill, she isn't good enough for you either.
>>
>>24291445
From you, that's a compliment.

>>24291456
And thank you for also being of sound mind. I hate all the personal attacks Trump supporters get too. It was the militant Bernie supporters who are/were the real problem. They're in the Hilary camp now. I didn't actually hate Sanders (although I would never be able to take President Larry David seriously) but oh my god his really crazy fans were the most cancerous thing since bronies as far as cringey obnoxious behavior goes.

>>24291466
Eh. I see where you're coming from but I agree with your counterpoint. I'm not the spokesperson for mutts everywhere. I'm just me and I like people who have never given me any reason to dislike them. How shitty would it be to tell people who have always been there for me that I can't associate with them because they're different?
>>
>>24291577
I think that since they are "different" in a way that they chose and that is discriminatory it wouldn't be unreasonable for you to not want to associate with them. They have given you reason to dislike them and you...don't. Use whatever logic you want to justify being friends with racists, as long as I never have to speak to any of you I don't care.
>>
Was able to date a girl for a whole 2 months and break up with her even though she was a devout Catholic Trump supporter and I was an atheist Bernie supporter (at the time the fag sold-out). So I'd say yeah you can make it work, but she'd tell me I was going to Hell for being and apostate then still have sex with me within the same day. It was pretty weird.
>>
god that gay mixed race dude is fucked
>>
>>24292549
2 months isn't very long I don't know if I'd say that it worked.
>>
>>24291380
Teenager spotted
>>
WHY IS NO ONE SUPPORTING JOHNSON WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU NIGGERS, HES OKAY
>>
>>24287565
No shit you can. Unless you're too fucking autistic.
>>
File: 1472098278473.jpg (81KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472098278473.jpg
81KB, 300x300px
>>24290904
Thanks for Correcting The Record!
>>
>>24291577
I wish I had the privilege of living anywhere except the south.
>>
I am quite left wing, and most of my close friends tend to be quite conservative Trump supporters. So I would say yes. People with differing opinions can be friends.
>>
>>24294812
I'm 24. I'm just trying to be an ass.
>>
>>24295723
Actually no I'm not the ass because I believe all humans deserve to have their basic needs met and deserve respect. That said I don't respect people who don't also adhere to that all that much so I am a bit of a hypocrite but they're still a jerk so w/e
>>
Differing opinions are fine--up to a point. Usually for me the qualifier is irreconcilable difference in belief which also manifests itself in someone's everyday conduct.

For example, I'm not really big on either candidate and dislike Trump's hyperbolic and often racist rhetoric along with Hillary's hijinks with the DNC. But it's a free country and one should be able to support whatever candidate they want.

On the other hand, when it comes to fundamental matters like race, war and civil liberties, large differences will inevitably strain a friendship, sometimes to the point of mere acquaintances.

If someone categorically treats one group of people badly by virtue of their religion or skin color I doubt I'd be able to associate with them very easily.
>>
>>24295734
You've got full blown Aspergers.
>>
>>24291102
It's funny, I actually met a neo-Nazi the other day and he was talking about how much he hates the alt-right.

Captcha was to select pictures that had a "store front"; one letter away from "stormfront" lol
>>
I'm very left wing I have friends who are proper nuts sjws and I had this ex who was a holocaust denier and a white separatist we argued a hell of a lot, I would cry he would yell then we would fuck and literally forget what we were even talking about. We lasted five years In the end.
>>
>>24291102
You don't know what the alt-right is you retard.

The alt-right is /pol/, TRS, and dailystormer. There are Nazis in the alt-right, but not all alt-right are Nazis.

>>24291116
UR STOOPID haha DRUMPF
>>
>>24291188
Oh, so you're just an antiwhite, glad we can all ignore your opinion now.

The only reason to dislike Trump is if you have resentment towards white men.

>>24291222
Everything is up for debate, that's why white men invented the 1st amendment. You are an ignorant nigger.
>>
>>24291281
This country was founded by slave owners who only wanted white people to have naturalized citizenship. Don't ever appeal to muh constitution because it doesn't mean what you think it does.
>>
>>24287599
>>24290904

All niggers must hang.
>>
>>24287565
Yeah, one of my best friends in college last year was a trump supporter while I was a bernout. Hanging out with people who agree with you on everything is boring.
>>
>>24291063
>Americans play off of their own emotions
Change "Americans" to "Liberals" and you have it right. Basing everything off of pc bullshit, with no political competence whatsoever.
>>
>>24287571

Yes and no. It depends on the opinion. There are a few deal breakers that make me not want to be in the same room with you. Obviously, I dont care how maturely you can express your opinion... you are a shitty person and I want nothing to do with you.

However most things are ok though
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.