[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypnosis fetish thread. Someone tried to start a thread on /d/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Spiral.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Spiral.gif
2MB, 450x450px
Hypnosis fetish thread.

Someone tried to start a thread on /d/ for an actual discussion instead of the same 100 pictures over and over. That's a no-no apparently, so starting one up over here for him.

OP is Induction, a former /d/ hypnotist and recorder of audio files who dropped off the face of creation years ago but occasionally resurfaces, especially when Saturday night plans fall through.

I've rather wondered, did Jessica Jones on Netflix boost this fetish or just add more misunderstanding and creep factor?
>>
>>24226346

Brain works mechanically. You're trying to alter mechanism with a spiral? At most you get tired from watching stupid shit because you stimulate your senses. Senses isn't your mind.

Post a study that hypnosis works from an antagonist to hypnosis.
>>
>>24226381

No, the spiral does shit all. Same thing for pendulums, staring at candles, what have you. That's all bunk and bullshit.

I used that image because it's what the OP on /d/ so it'll be easy to spot for the people who were trying to talk about it (and I did link it from that thread).

As for a study, I don't have anything on hand. Just anecdotal experience, but I'll see what I can dig up.
>>
>>24226381

Here's some abstracts for you. Looks like full articles are behind pay walls, though. These are to prove there is an effect to correctly applied hypnosis rather that to touch any specific facet.

Brain Activity and Functional Connectivity Associated with Hypnosis.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27469596

Outcomes of hypnosis combined with local anesthesia during inguinal repair: a pilot study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27534561

Hypnosis can reduce pain in hospitalized older patients: a randomized controlled study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26767506
>>
>>24226381

And for good measure an anecdote from Richard Feynman.

https://books.google.com/books?id=7papZR4oVssC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=feynman+hypnosis&source=bl&ots=etUWedqL_-&sig=93rTIzKLvgx9whw4qk5Zw8DDPFo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj73t6qvdHOAhVM0h4KHXCcA9sQ6AEIJTAB#v=onepage&q=feynman%20hypnosis&f=false
>>
I would love to know someone irl that I can discuss this stuff with and/or hypnotize and all that junk. Anybody else have this fetish in Alberta or western Canada? 24 m
>>
>>24226415
>>24226429
Oh nice. I have a student account. i can try and download and maybe post articles if I manage to remember my id and password.
>>
>>24226464

Awesome. If you search PubMed for hypnosis there's quite a bit of stuff that comes up. You could consider it akin to meditation, CBT, talk therapy, and that ilk.

The problem is there's so much misinformation and misconception surrounding it that most people don't really have a clear understanding of what it actually is, and what is and is not possible.

Hence the spiral. Bunk, but what other image could I use that would be more instantly recognizable?

>>24226438

It's great when you have someone irl that you can play and learn with. It's been a few years since I've had that joy, unfortunately. Spent a lot of time stuck in a bad relationship that finally ended several months ago.

Part of why I've been popping back up on occasion, actually. Male/36/VA/Straight if anyone cares.
>>
File: 1.jpg (35KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35KB, 852x480px
>>24226486
That's really good anonymous with ID lX7pvVPy.
>Hence the spiral. Bunk, but what other image could I use that would be more instantly recognizable?
Forgive my blandness. I might be one of the misinformed ones. Clock on a chain.
>>
>>24226546

Right, that's a good one, too. From our collective media history.

So in a hypnosis session my early goal is actually to get you to close your eyes and not particularly feel like opening them. Because of that focus object like this are pretty ineffectual for hypnosis itself.

What they are good for, however, is sparking conversation. As I was taught, you keep a pendulum with you and play with it at idle times so that people will ask what you're doing. It's a marketing tool to strike up a conversation on hypnosis for client building if you have a clinical practice.

Of course, in our more closed off world of today people either won't look up from their phones to notice you, will stare at you like you're some weirdo (you are), or best yet, look up from their phones long enough to take a photo and post about the weirdo they saw.
>>
>>24226635
You make me want to participate in a session on two.

I also missed marketing and subconscious messages leading to occasional wants. Phone example is really good. I came off as a retard, yet again.
>>
>>24226740

Nah, you're fine. You recognize that the brain works mechanically. There's a logic sequence coded in to how it behaves and responds, though that gets more into NLP and persuasion than hypnosis. That being another field with a shitload of mythology surrounding a kernel of truth.

The problem with any of it, and in experiencing a session, is there is a wide, wide range in the quality and experience of hypnotists.

For an example watch the Mythbusters episode on hypnosis. It's been a while since I've seen it, but they have a woman who really doesn't know what she's doing trying to implant suggestions while a guy who is brilliant is on memory recall. I wish they'd swapped the tasks for the two.
>>
>>24226842
Consider me hooked. I admit, I blatantly went off like a tard missing important aspects. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjgkwLZJMEo

I think I've seen that one.

I use smells or sounds to cram. I know and have developed other techniques to recall information. I forgot, but I was dq on sat and had to retake just to get another dq. What's with calculator swapping hah? I hate standardized tests so badly. But yeah I was awarded 2-3 times for scoring extra high on tests. God I hate memorizing. I hope any of it is of relevance.
>>
>>24226918

I'd forgotten how fucking good he is at that. Look at what he's doing.

Creates an expectation of counting, so the mind expects it, but then he breaks that expectation by not counting.

Grips their hands, then drops it sharply, creating shock.

Uses suggestive language and physical tricks to create and maintain eye closure.

Sways them with the hand on the back of the neck, then pulls the forward at the same moment he drops the hand and tells them to sleep.

The last I'd watched this was before I was officially trained and certified. I'd forgotten just how slick he was. Given his language and process I wonder if we stem from the same teacher.
>>
>>24227574
>I'd forgotten how fucking good he is at that. Look at what he's doing.
But it looks kinda like fraud from distance. Maybe you have to experience to actually know that it does the trick. Hell, I'd like to improve my memory if this is it then I'm in.
>>
>>24228302

I guess I can see where from the outside with no knowledge his instant inductions can seem unbelievable.

As someone who has been in this for a while I can tell you it looks genuine, he is very skilled, and there's probably a brief talk before the induction we don't see. This would be presented to the subjects as information, but it also serves to set the framework for the hypnotic state and could be considered part of the whole.
>>
>>24229248

You've got me interesting in the subject. I don't know anyone know is into it yet, but if I did, I'd try it out. I don't think it's possible to do it on your own, but if it was then I wouldn't know what happened since I'd be under hypnosis.

Now that I think about it, back in 80s they've done experiments and maybe if I remember the correct titles I'll be able to share, if not I'll be sure to post when I do.

Kind of cool you recognized the guy from the show. I didn't know about him.

Only thing that I knew for sure that can alter the state of mind was drugs. Then again all they do is release, block or open receptors.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.