[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan thread!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

File: vegan.jpg (381KB, 1275x1025px) Image search: [Google]
vegan.jpg
381KB, 1275x1025px
Vegan thread!
>>
>>>/ck/
>>
>>24195407
hi OP!

>>24195421
there's more than food to talk about regarding veganism
>>
did u know im vegan?
>>
File: Poops NEW Black Big.jpg (79KB, 563x599px) Image search: [Google]
Poops NEW Black Big.jpg
79KB, 563x599px
Hi there!

651/Minnesota
>>
File: it__s_lowly_worm_by_dth1971.jpg (10KB, 157x200px) Image search: [Google]
it__s_lowly_worm_by_dth1971.jpg
10KB, 157x200px
All the vegans I've met are moral-high-horse-riding empiricists who have overactive anthropomorphic imaginations and overvalue animal life to the point of anti humanism.

The truth is, this whole veganism phenomena has made a negligible contribution to planetary health, simple abstinence does not empty the pockets of the exploiters, as omnivores, veganism is a unnatural and unhealthy dietary choice and as a philosophy veganism relies on a bizarre system of valuing different forms of life based on how easily one can self-insert as the food source and empathise with their pain and suffering,
>>
>>24196504
That's nice, dear.
>>
https://youtu.be/z0O_VYcsIk8
>>
>>24196522
thank for the (You)
i put my heart on my sleeve for that one
>>
File: image.jpg (279KB, 1235x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279KB, 1235x741px
nice priorities, m8
>>
>>24195478
>there's more than food to talk about regarding veganism
I agree, can we talk about why vegans aren't pro honey?
orcharists and plant farmers in general are heavily reliant on apicultural pollination.
but somehow taking honey from those same bees so that apiculture is a commercially viable enterprise make bees farmers evil exploiters unworthy of the vegan tick of approval?
>>
>>24196504

Post 1 or 2

The term 'natural' in your case I am sure, is a word hovering above spectrum where things range from natural to unnatural. So, you say that veganism is unnatural because humans are omnivores that progressed into an intelligent species by the consumption of protein (meat). Say that by chance the design of earth would have provided more easily harvested (compared to meat) vegan sources of protein and useful nutrients like the vitamin B12. you would of course define veganism as ‘natural’.

As for the healthiness and economic advantages? Each party could pull out different studies and make their hypotheses about the merits of veganism. But I’m not here to argue that, because for me the most important concept comes down to metaphysics. I merely wanted to acknowledge even the points that I will not bother to address.

The universe is essentially one. It may be one mind experiencing itself from multiple points of view in different coordinates of space and time, or multiple minds that may or may not live any other lives outside of its pre-destined trajectory of coordinates. Regardless of which POV I support and whether or not the universe is determined to stay one a single timeline or split into multiple timelines, the main premise remains highly similar to me in all of the cases.

The premise is that from my POV the universe has two parts.
First. There are various possible different timelines, and I find the most unappealing timelines to be such that highly self-aware sentient beings discard their empathy towards the conditions of living and death of non- and less self-aware sentient at the merit of their very temporary stimulation of taste buds.

Continued..
>>
>>24196687

Post 2 of 2

Second. Regardless of the living- and death conditions of one’s sustenance, I find the thought revolting that I would ever choose to aid in maintaining my own existence through eating the bodies of clearly sentient beings.
While the first part is a clearly a stronger factor in my resolve of several metaphysical moral dilemmas outside of my sustenance as well, I think that the second part contributes a lot to other vegans’ (and vegetarians’) resolves.

Moral resolves of the individual are always dictated by a multitude of empirical and conjectural thoughts in a dynamic balance of priorities, whether one cares to admit to this or paraphrase it in a mundane way
My resolves do not prioritize the wealth nor apparent health of an individual, albeit it is up to debate whether veganism poses merits on these aspects with our current- and future technologies. My resolve is a balance that leans on partly the very pragmatic approach of “stop eating animals and their products because so many live and die in bad conditions” and partly on an aspect (second part) that I think is above most people conception. Because, well, most people are retarded.

The second part really saying that: Any reliance on sustenance from sentient sources is a thought that makes me want to regurgitate because it violates the superior moral idea of the scope of the subject on the most fundamental of levels, as phrased in the following: “My priority is me and my own coordinates of perception in space and time. Therefore, regardless of my lack of ability to confirm from inside the other sentient’s POV, that they did not indirectly suffer from choosing them as my sustenance, I will proceed to devour their body”.
>>
Being vegan is easy right up until you need new shoes... Any cheap fake leather recommendations (like suitable for a workplace) that will actually last?
>>
>>24196687
>>24196690

>The universe is essentially one
it is one, hence the 'uni' prefex
>it has two parts
hmmm, i'd say infinite parts, but for the sake of metaphysical conjecture lets consider your pov
You are opposed to killing sentient beings/having them killed on your behalf. and eating them.
I believe death by predation is a noble death in the same was death by starvation, dehydration, cold or infection. Other sentient animals hunt and kill, i believe we should to, both for nutritional and psychological relief.
I really do see from a vegans perspective in regards to animals that are forced to live and die in battery farms and crude conditions.
But i just cant buy into the vegan view that an animal life is inheranlty worth less than a plant life.
is a rat worth more than a 5000y.o. tree just because it is mammalian and 'sentient'? I refuse to believe so
>>
>>24196935
Sorry, I didn't mean to say 'parts' there. Corrected sentence: From my point of view the universe has two different possibilities regarding timelines and thus two different ways that sentient beings navigate and get sensory input from their observational space-time coordinates.
There is no obvious way to condense my arguments to a reasonable size when it comes to 'value' of lives, but the main point is rather clear and I’m not sure why it isn’t clear to you: That more sentient beings have more value. Mice are more sentient than trees, to the best of our knowledge.
Sentient lives are more valuable than completely non-sentient lives because they have good and bad sensations. It very much seems that the arrangement and size of the brains results in higher degrees of sentiency, and thus higher degrees of potential for good and bad sensations. Without any arrangement (plants, a rock) there is no sentiency. It's not much of an extension to say that with our current knowledge some beings are less sentient than others.
So even if plants were sentient at least it would be a lesser evil because there is no reason to think that they are equally or more sentient than our classification of 'animals'. If this is a concept that you don’t get then you really should stick your neck out of the parts, of discussing veganism, that aren’t as tangible as economic implications.
>>
>>24197018
i understand the concept, but the science of sentience doesn't align with the science of sentience, for example there are many selfish that have less reaction to external stimulus than plants, but a vegan could not eat them despite it being a 'lesser evil'.
>>
>>24197053
>but the science of sentience doesn't align with *vegan principals*
>>
File: mmmmmm.jpg (30KB, 384x560px) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmm.jpg
30KB, 384x560px
Fatass reporting in. I make sure to have an extra burger for every vegan I meet. With this thread, I'm gonna splurge hard, aw yeah.
>>
>>24197073
Someday you will die from cardiac arrest. My smartwatch will notify me and I will laugh.
>>
>>24197077
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how delicious these burgers are.
>>
I will start with my ID as it relates to this thread: I am not a vegan, or a vegetarian, but I eat very little meat (>1lb/month avg).

>>24196504
A disproportionately large number of vegans behave this way, yes, I agree, but anti-humanism is a pretty worthwhile notion if you were to ask me.

If I were presented with the opportunity to somehow impose permanent, effectively-enforced restriction on how many children people are allowed to have, I would exercise it. Without second thought. Even if everyone knew I did it. People would be allowed one child without exception. There are various merits and drawbacks (social, economic, environmental), some of them many-layered, to a sudden plummet in world-wide birth-rate, but in my opinion the merits outweigh the drawbacks.

The fact is, humans are destroying the Earth. Every process that is important for maintaining life on Earth, including human life, is perturbed by human influence. We will render Earth incapable of sustaining life if we continue "business-as-usual."

>>24196687
The discussion of all of the "possible" forms of "natural" living is pointless. We don't live on an Earth like that. We live on our own. Animals eat animals. This is part of what sustains the balances of processes that keep everything living alive.

Regarding your argument that "the universe is essentially one" and all of the sub-arguments you present that rely on it: I am assuming when you say "[...] is essentially one" you mean, like "one consciousness."

At this point, this is basically hippie mumbo jumbo and is not supported by science well enough to merit actions relying on it as a moral or causative base. Doing so may be doing good, or it may be doing more harm than good to life as a whole. We don't know because we have not explored it scientifically.

I find it difficult to reason how organisms with the capacity for experience, at least as we understand it, are intrinsically more important than organisms without.
>>
>>24197053
>>24197057

>>24197053
We could of course say that veganism should reclassify shellfish and any other seemingly more-sentient-than plants- species as suitable for vegans. I wouldn’t be against this, only if 1) veganism had an official definition for what can be eaten and not and b) if some vegans wouldn’t be eating shellfish/insects etc already. Sure, we have approximate ideas about where the degrees of sentience diminish or even disappear. They are not certain, but attacking those who identify as ‘vegan’ due to the incompleteness of our understanding regarding the degrees of sentience, is not an attack on veganism. It’s attacking the fact that it hasn’t defined itself based on science that is not advanced enough to affirm what we already are very confident about: Degrees of sentiency vary and either diminish or disappear when an organism doesn’t have its neurological feedback loops (e.g. light, temperature, moisture) in great enough numbers + arrangement of the loops.

It sounded like you weren’t questioning vegans, but rather only its lack of common definition-umbrella under which all vegans could stand. There is no need for such an umbrella except for those who cannot catch another foothold against veganism than the lack of clear-cut statements about what is definitely sentient and what is definitely not.
>>
>>24197192
cont.

The capacity for experience is not intrinsic to life (clearly, because most forms of life do not possess it), so saying that, somehow all of life, the universe even, is linked by "experience" and creating negative interaction decreases the quality of life for everything living in the universe, even the universe itself, makes absolutely zero sense from a logical perspective.

>>24196935
>can't buy into the idea that plant life worth less than animal life

Thank you. Your sentiment, at least with respect to this particular comparison, is the right one.

>>24197018
Like I said above, positivity and negativity in interaction have no relevance to the condition or health of the universe. This has to be so because positvity and negativity are entirely situational - in some cases it's good for life to preserve other life, in some cases it's good for life to take other life. If you don't want to eat animals because it makes you feel bad, that's fine, ascribe to that, but don't justify your decision by ascribing it to a higher collective consciousness, that makes the universe a bad place when it experiences bad things.

>>24197087
That's fine. I'm sure you also can't hear the sound of your heart palpitations, or how loudly you wheeze when you walk up a flight of stairs.
>>
>>24197209
>Degrees of sentiency vary and either diminish or disappear when an organism doesn't have it's neurological feedback loops in great enough numbers & arrangement of the loops.

Statements like this demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of the biology/physiology of life. Can you define what a neurological feedback loop is? Structurally what does a feedback loop look like? Why is a greater number of loops good? Looping things (literally or conceptually) more times does not make them intrinsically more capable of greater degrees of things. And what is a more favorable arrangement of the loops? What even are the loops? What is it that is looping? And for that matter what does it mean to loop?

The subset of these things that are biologically relevant all have precise, functionally based definitions in biology. But the explanation you are eliciting is mostly pseudo-scientific/spiritualistic.
>>
>>24197253
Which is why it is extremely inappropriate to base decisions off of them. There is no science to support the outcomes that are claimed and so we do not know if they are the actual outcomes.
>>
The text about the 'one-ness' of consciousnesses was only presented as an introduction to the various possible ways that consciousnesses work within the universe. I only noted about it in order to emphasize my point about how I find veganism good in the different possible ways that the universe and consciousnesses function. The notion that "the universe is one" by NO MEANS was relied-upon by any, whatsoever, of my arguments. I'm inbetween giggling and punching at the wall due to your ignorance and pseudo-intellectual arguments combined with your apparent inability to simply read a coherently constructed piece of text, aside from one typo that I corrected in a previous post:
>>24197018
The argument of ‘value’ doesn’t hold merit because you haven’t defined what it is. But the term doesn’t fit in an argument about veganism with regards to anything that we have talked about. But let me present the only case where it can be used. Value is positive experiences. No sentience-> little- to no experience. Therefore, their value is only in the amount that the non-sentient object provides positive experiences to sentient beings.
Guess what? I’m not going to read anything more from that poster id or if I recognize the person as the same poster. You are way too far gone into completely wrong directions of thinking for me to bother correcting you or defending my arguments from you.
>>
File: 4931499080_19721d0e71_o.jpg (104KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
4931499080_19721d0e71_o.jpg
104KB, 792x792px
>>24197320
>I’m not going to read anything more from that poster id or if I recognize the person as the same poster. You are way too far gone into completely wrong directions of thinking for me to bother correcting you or defending my arguments from you.
i guess i win then, gg.
>>
>>24197427
pardon, I tried to quote this poster. I already rebutted all of your arguments, so I still don't see how you'd be as confused as to think you would've "won" anything anyway.

>>24197228
>>
>>24196562
I eat honey and I consider myself vegan. I don't give a fuck about the animals I just like to eat my veg man! tastes and makes me feel good.
>>
Hahaha fuckin idiot vegans. I'm with the burger guy. I'm from a ranch though so I can just make it a slab of steak for every vegan I meat.
>>
>>24197320
Okay, that's fair enough, my literal rhetoric was miscommunicated. When I said your arguments relied upon the idea of a universal oneness of consciousness, what I meant was your sentiment relies on those things. Your reasoning. You're basing your decisions, and the way you feel, on this perceived oneness of consciousness directly, at least in part. This is not a viable basis for decision making because it is beyond not-understood, it it entirely unknown. In it's entirety. Period.

Keep punching the wall and giggling. But that writing, while grammatically correct and maybe coherently structured (I wasn't arguing that it wasn't these things) is in reference to something something so ill-defined and unfalsifiable (oneness and consciousness of the universe) that making decisions based off of it is likely as effective as flipping a coin. I'm trying to demonstrate the falsehood of a belief that is so far from reality that it is actually difficult to form an argument against it. This does not mean that the argument is valid.

I'm trying to communicate that it's extremely inappropriate to have feelings and make decisions based on ideas like the oneness and consciousness of the
universe because there is no way for these things to inform us beyond our own personal experience. I personally feel that deceiving people is wrong - that doesn't mean that deception is an intrinsically bad thing, or that when deception is committed the entire universe suffers. In fact my feelings have nothing to do with those things. Put in place of my feelings about deception your feelings about anything, and suddenly we arrive at your rhetoric for your decisions. It's person feelings that you ascribe to a "higher consciousness;" whatever that means.

I don't need to define value, because when I use it I literally mean any way that value can be interpreted, beyond exclusively personal.
>>
>>24197774
cont.

But, right value is positive experience. But it's only valuable to you and others with the capacity to experience it that actually do experience it... Everything else in the universe is (directly) unaffected by positive experiences that you have or dish out.

This is the point I'm trying to make. I don't care if you're a vegan - I actually support veganism because it is more environmentally sustainable than eating meat. I don't care if you believe in a higher consciouness or oneness of the universe. I care that you let that belief determine how you interact with the world. You, if not are already, will someday be a contributing citizen of whatever place you call home. You will make decisions that will, at least in some small individual-citizenistic way, affect politics, and policy, and other people's lives. You can't base those decisions on your feelings, or postulations. You have to base them on fact, otherwise you're much more likely to make the wrong choice.

>only psuedo-intellectuals use the conjunction pseudo-intellectual, because it makes them sound smart

>additionally, your declared ignorance of the rest of my posts suggests to me that you probably believe in things like negative/positive vibrational energy, and spiritual properties of crystals - these are the things i am terrified you will let make your decisions for you
>>
>>24197805
cont. again

And furthermore, the idea that organisms with the capacity for "experience," however you define it, are somehow less valuable than organisms without is just preposterous. According to you, plants have at best limited capacity to have experiences, and thus are not valuable. Do you know what would happen if suddenly there weren't plants? Everything on Earth would die, save for other photo- and chemoautotrophs avd the heterotrophs that depend exclusively on them, which by the way, are all microbes of one sort or another (and thus incapable of having experiences).

By this fact, the most important (most sentient) organisms on Earth are entirely dependent upon plants. While, relatively speaking, essentially nothing is dependent upon those most sentient organisms. So, really we don't matter, at all, and neither do our experiences.
>>
>>24197557
You seem to think that you've rebutted everything. But You haven't. Factually you have not. You have provided nothing but personal feelings that you ascribe to a universal oneness and consciousness which you have yet to define and yet to explain it's connections to your reasoning.
>>
My sister is vegan. I've gone vegetarian, and I think I should go vegan. I'll have to thank her for showing me the stuff she did.
>>24197772
Why are you so desperate to get attention? What goes through your mind?
>Oh! Here's a thread for veganism. Seeing as I love eating animal products, this has got to be the perfect thread for me to run into and sperg about!
>>
File: HGH.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
HGH.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>24197846
And yet further still, I'm still waiting on explanations about feedback loops...
>>
>>24196541
And what, non-vegans don't also eat that shit? Our whole system is fucked up, there is no truly ethical consumption, but at least by not eating animal products you aren't literally funding murder for your food
>>
>>24197073
enjoy your heart disease you stubborn person
>>
>>24197772
ha ha hell yeah man that's why for every vegan i meet i make sure to kill a stray dog
>>
>>24196750
This is a good question. I still have a pair of leather shoes i wear. If I threw them out it would be a waste but after five years vegan i certainly will not buy any animal products ever again... i already have these shoes and when they are worn they are the last pair.
>>
>>24195407

>All my friends are vegans take it slow
>Wait for them to force-feed you tofu
>>
>>24197953
What do i eat when I wake up an I feel sick with a fever and i need energy?
>>
>>24198071
Food - nearly all food has energy. If you wake up and you feel sick, and you want to feel better, what you should eat depends on why you are feeling sick, avd what kind of "sick" (e.g., tiredness, throwing up, sniffely, stiff body/sore body, etc...) you feel. Is it a hangover? You should eat something salty and drink something, because the worst symptoms of a hangover are caused by dehydration. Is it a bacterial infection or a viral infection? If so what are your symptoms? If you're stiff or sore in your joints or muscles, eat something that will bring swelling down. If you're tired eat something you find refreshing (because being "refreshed" often has mental benefits that can help you push through feeling sick).

In general, if you eat a diet high in vegetable matter, but not exclusively vegetable matter you will be less susceptible to infections and parasites, and the thus the symptoms of them, but if you're an active person you will find it difficult to keep up with your energy demand. You will also feel less tired and be more alert.
>>
You guys are dumbasses.

- A vegetarian
>>
I should say, nearly all food has net-positive energy to humans, i.e., if you eat it you will gain energy. Highly cellulosic plant matter (like celery) has energy, but is more costly to digest than it rewards human consumers.
>>
>>24196353

hey aMNon!

612, in mpls. what's your fav place around here?
>>
>>24195421
Veganism isn't about food.
>>24195478
Hi!
>>24196353
>>24199227
320 here.
>>24197901
>and I think I should go vegan.
Do it! You have to stop thinking about it as something you should do or might do later and just do it. Same goes with anything, not just veganism. If there's something you know you should do, stop delaying and do it. Let us know if you need any help/advice making the switch~
>>
File: king.png (253KB, 461x429px) Image search: [Google]
king.png
253KB, 461x429px
>>24197077
>vegans
>healthy
You're literally going to end up in the hospital with that shit, you know.
>>
>>24199454
I'm not a vegan. Pls lrn 2 read.
>>
>>24196562
it's a product of animal exploitation. we don't need to farm honey to have pollinators
>>
>>24199227
idk, I don't get into the cities much because driving is annoying, and I can't remember the last time a Minnesota restaurant served me a meal I enjoyed more than what I make at home. Pizza Luce has always been okay as long as there's no Daiya on it. I strongly dislike that stuff. But I'd rather make a whole wheat sourdough pie at home. The only exclusively vegan restaurant I've been to in Minnesota, Ecopolitan, is not very enjoyable and also unhealthy (by my standards). I wish they'd just serve mostly-*whole* foods prepared at a wide range of temperatures instead of pretending de-fibered juice and coconut oil are healthy.
>>
>>24199692

i've lived 2 blocks away from a pizza luce for about 4 years now.. i'm a little burnt out on it. next time you come back (for pizza), you HAVE to try pizza nea. honestly, some of the best vegan pizza i've ever had. no daiya there!

fair about ecopolitan, the place does suck (been there twice since i've moved here).

unfortunately, we are lacking of strictly vegan places. there's a newer -ALMOST- all vegan place, reverie. i think the only thing that stops it from being completely vegan, is that they offer dairy milk for coffee (it's mostly a coffee shop). it's ok, though...

we do have some pretty great intl cuisine with vegan options, though -

mpls - himalayan, marla's, midori's floating world, vo's

st paul - tanpopo, fasika, everest
>>
>>24199756
Went to Midori's and was underwhelmed. Indian is always good. I'll try Nea for my next vegan date ;)
>>
>>24199774

612, posting from phone..

Good choice, make sure to get the Groupon when you do go!
>>
>>24199774
>>24199797
Let's all meet up in Minneapolis and hang out. When are you guys free?
>>
>>24200014
idk, post an email or something. I need to sleep now.
>>
>>24200029
anon3140 at hushmail dot com
Let's all go for a bike ride
>>
>>24200037
I would if I had a bike. Haven't gotten around to it since I'm too old to get away with riding on sidewalks and it doesn't get me anywhere in the suburbs. Are you enough of a dork to own inline skates?
>>
>>24200080
I don't have skates. Just bikes and skis.
>>
Any vegans that don't eat soy? I recently figured out that I have an intolerance to it and need some food suggestions if you have any. thanks
>>
>>24200217
Check some vegan forums like veggieboards and veganforum. Lots more people there who might have input. And jewbook vegan groups if you use jewbook.
>>
>>24200217
I usually don't, just because there's so many other foods I like more. Eating only whole foods, I'd need to go out of my way for soy to be in anything.
>>
>>24200217
I do eat soy because I eat as cheap as possible of a protein source where I live. But not too-far-behind are beans and peanuts. There's a big variety of different kinds of beans and they are particularly cheap if you buy them dry as opposed to in the canned form.
>>
>>24200217

Just use seitan instead of tofu. It tastes much better anyway.
>>
What's the story behind everyone coming to be vegetarian and/or move to being vegan? Born to a family that encouraged it? Boy- or girl-friend made you try it and it just stuck? Did the moral math for becoming veg(etari)an at some point in your life?

For me it was a pretty smooth transition. My logical presumptions about morals started to naturally intersect with vegetarianism and veganism about 4 years ago.

My diet was practically vegan for the past year and I gradually avoided more and more animal products throughout this time. At the moment my diet is vegan but, as you could guess from the smooth transition process, I can't say that it's a "for-life" decision. Neither that I'd have to be on the verge of fainting from starvation in order to eat anything vegetarian at a friends' house when vegan food wasnt available.
>>
>>24200037
Can't talk on bikes. How about a board game at that cooperatively owned lacto-ovo scum place?
>>
>>24197073
Vegan fatass reporting in, give seitan burgers a try, bruh.
>>
>>24197901
Haha 1: vegans are pretentious assholes. 2: I did mention I'm from a ranch. You veg heads are bad for business 3: did I mention vegans are pretentious assholes?
>>
>>24202853
k like i'm not even veggie i love meat but you look like the asshole posting in their thread. js.
>>
>>24199454
>>24202020
See if you are on the verge of fainting very much or ever from your diet, your diet is wrong. Veganism sucks balls and you should just get after that meat. It's packed with nutrients so you don't have to be a giant pussy. You're welcome.
>>
>>24202909
maybe you need to eat another burger in order to get those precious nutrients that help your brains work on a higher-than-shoesize -iq-level. So that your reading comprehension would surpass that of a toddler, leading to the realization that I said; " verge of fainting from >starvation< in order to eat anything vegetarian at a friends' house when vegan food wasnt available."

I am actively following the thread and subsequent violators of basic reading comprehension, nor trolls, will not be responded to when they quote me again.
>>
>>24200014

i'm free during the week after 6, usually.
>>
>>24202931
I'd starve too trying eat what food eats. Haha
>>
>>24196690
Long winded philosophical bullshit spouted by the high horse vegans. This is why people hate you more than anything.
>>
>>24200014
I'm currently NEET, unless called in, which almost never happens.
>>
>>24201487
yeah but it's a bitch to make and I can't find it outside of health food stores
>>
>>24204557
Then get it at health food stores?
>>
>>24204557
It's really not difficult to make from gluten flour. I've used this recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/FAST-EASY-HOMEMADE-SEITAN-1220052
>>
>>24204584
expensive and not accessible

>>24204653
not difficult but it's still a bitch

compare that with a lot of simple tofu recipes and it's still like 10x as time consuming.

i'll probably stick with meals based around beans and pastas for most of my meals
>>
>>24202020
For me I was loosened up to it by some info about practices of the dairy and egg industries and started cutting back on animal products and went vegetarian for like 2 days, but then I watched cowspiracy and learned about the environmental effects of animal agriculture and have been vegan since. I can't tell myself I give a shit about the environment or that I'm doing any good by using a recycling bin while still eating animals and contributing to animal agriculture at the same time.

And yeah I think most vegans agree that it's ok to eat animal products if you need to for your own health. Also there isn't anything wrong with accepting the occasional slice of cake that might have been made with egg or something - the idea is that you do as much as you possibly can not to add demand to the industry.
>>
>>24196353
plants literally eat shit
>>
Would you Minnesota vegans want to meet at Hard Times and awkwardly force small talk?
>>
How do vegans feel about industries that process animals, use animal products, or animal labor?
>>
>>24199227
>>24200037
Do you like to cuddle with cute guys?
>>
File: 1464869604879.jpg (17KB, 411x292px) Image search: [Google]
1464869604879.jpg
17KB, 411x292px
Any others here who've not ever knowingly met or seen any vegans in public? I don't go to vegan restaurants because they're sometimes expensive and I rarely eat out as it is. I imagine some veganfaggots obscure their veganfaggotry, so I wouldn't ever know if I were looking at or speaking to one and vice-versa.

It feels strange, I know they're out there, but there's really few social situations in which this information would avail itself. They're probably some of the people at the more vegan-friendly grocers when I go there, but only some. Most of the people shopping there may only be concerned with eating healthily or be vegetarian.

It would be funny if there were some subtle, universal signals for them so that they know if and when they're in the company of fellow faggots.
>>
>>24208383
Sorry anon, I'm a straight guy.
>>24208567
>It would be funny if there were some subtle, universal signals for them so that they know if and when they're in the company of fellow faggots.
This.
Once I was at a co-op and I saw some girl standing a little ways away and somehow I could tell she was vegan just by looking at her. Turned out I was right, she commented on my sweatshirt that said "Save Lives Go Vegan".
>>
File: 612609461.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
612609461.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>24208609
Excellent discernment.

You really don't know unless they're in plain view eating something that is obviously not vegan. I doubt I could wear something like that because I wouldn't want to deal with some of the potential drama that may ensue from making it known to strangers.

Having never knowingly encountered vegans in public, I always wonder if wearing it for all to see brings any hostile confrontations with it, I may just be pessimistic, maybe it isn't so horrible.

I personally am deliberately as bland as possible while out. Wearing no graphic clothing or anything else that gives away anything about me other than what can be assumed at a momentary glance of what I am wearing.

Closeted vegans, it's a funny idea, but it makes sense considering the topic alone can bring out the worst of anybody if online experiences are indicative of anything.
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>24208383

Sry, str8 male.

Im like a 10 min walk from hard times too btw.
>>
>>24209042
>Having never knowingly encountered vegans in public, I always wonder if wearing it for all to see brings any hostile confrontations with it, I may just be pessimistic, maybe it isn't so horrible.
Never has for me.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.