[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /soc/ how many here graduated from college? What was your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1445498950573.jpg (130KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1445498950573.jpg
130KB, 612x612px
Hello /soc/ how many here graduated from college?
What was your college experience like and how are you handling "the real world"

The main theme is life after college but feel free to share college stories as well.

For me I have not been good at adapting.

>was a big flirt in college
>had no problem talking to new people and making new friends
>joined a fraternity and partied semi-often.
>had pretty good amount of sex, averaging about a new partner every couple months (summer was usually dry)
>still lots of making out and partying

>graduate
>went to some parties but felt like I shouldn't be there due to my age
>bars and clubs have shitty people
>go to raves occasionally but I don't like doing that often
>not my happy self anymore
>don't have the confidence I had anymore to strike up conversations with strangers
>don't horse around like I used to, even when I was by myself
>go to work and feel like there are no opportunities to change my life
>because of this I get night anxiety and my body keeps me up just so I have more time having to sucked into work for 8 hours
>the work itself isn't bad but I know every day nothing in my life will change day in and day out
>started smoking cigarettes excessively
>stopped working out
>a year has gone by and I despite taking fun weekend vacations now and then my day to day life is shit and I feel I can't do anything to change it.

Anyone else having similar experiences? Or better?
>>
I didn't even make it through High School,
>>
>>24165316

How has that affected you? Do you regret that or are you fine with it?
>>
>>24165279
I had basically the opposite experience.

College was awkward and painful from a social perspective. I graduated with only a few friends and basically only one good sexual experience. (I actually got laid more in my senior year of high school than in four years of college. And I didn't get laid much in high school. I say that to show how little I got laid in college.)
>>
>be me
>college
>gonna be a teacher
>college is cool
>is going well
>dem grades
>last leg of the race: student teaching
>it's a disaster
>omg fml
>walk away
>drop everything
>crippling depression
>3-year hiatus doing any and every drug I can get my hands on
>total drug addict
>this sucks
>gotta try again
>clean myself up
>go back to university
>re-enroll
>student teaching round 2
>doesn't suck this time
>this is working
>finally finish and graduate
>am teacher now
>fffuckyeah

And that's my college experience. It was a 8-year excursion and I walked a very crooked path. The first 4 years were awesome. The next 4 were dark and depressing. No regrets though...
>>
>>24165279
Is this a joke?

No shit you're having trouble adapting; you wasted your entire college career doing nothing productive. When people say networking is important, they're not talking about fucking a new chick every month. Simply having a degree just isn't good enough anymore.
>>
>>24166052

What are you doing now that you're out of college?

>>24166097

Sounds rough, I'm glad it worked out in the end.

>>24166123

I'm not having a problem finding work, I worked in a research lab while in college and I'm planning on applying to grad school (since for my degree I would get a stipened and have costs covered) or vet school.

I'm just having a hard time adapting to the lack of social experiences in the real world. And I still have close friends it's just not the same as being able to meet new people on a daily to weekly basis.
>>
I graduated 3 years ago. I studied audio engineering which is pretty risky and competitive. I got really lucky though, and right out of school I landed a version of my dream job doing music in the videogame industry. That was really awesome, I was invincible for a while, but it only lasted 2 years and after extreme difficulty finding more work in that field, I don't do that anymore. I'm not ruling it out completely but I need steady work.

Then I was driving trucks and working in a warehouse for a while, but I just quit that job to be a delivery driver for Amazon. So that's where I'm at with work. I still make original music as a hobby and I think it's pretty good.

I partied alot in school, and at some point the drinking carried over to my day to day life. I developed a problem and ended up in the ER about a year ago from alcohol withdrawals. I've been sober since then, so for about a year.

I'm single, I have a date with a girl I actually met in college next weekend. I haven't seen her since I graduated but she had a crush on me and we used to hook up. Would be cool if that could happen again.

Most of my friends from school I don't see anymore. Some I've kept in touch with but we've all moved to different places for the most part.

All in all could be a lot worse, but I feel a bit lost.
>>
>graduate high school in 2006
>go to junior college
>after first semester, start taking EMT courses
>eventually get job working 911 while finishing my paramedic
>get into accident at work within 90 days
>get fired
>decide to go to school for nursing
>take a bunch of nursing pre-reqs
>realize they won't transfer and what am I doing
>why don't I just go to regular college and be doctor?
>transfer to real college, first year biology
>nope.jpg
>take business courses, switch degree plan
>graduate from business college
>can't find work
>work as operator in plan for two years
>shift work
>sucks
>thinking about being a teacher like my wife
>send out a million resume
>find job doing inside sales for equipment rental company
>everything is awesome
>can either go into management or outside sales
>go into outside sales
>management fucks up territories and cripples me from the start
>wife is pregnant
>I made the wrong decision
>make less money now than I did before because my commission is so low
>fuck this, I'm out, let's go teach

so I'm taking the Texes Core 4-8 on Wednesday because if I don't take it on that date I have to wait a minimum of two-three weeks to test. Social Studies is an apparent awesome fit for me. Having to refresh myself on some of the stuff for ELA, Math and Science. Been a while.

Been cramming all weekend, still have to plan my week out for my sale gig that I'm leaving.
>>
File: k.jpg (23KB, 485x481px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
23KB, 485x481px
>>24165279
volunteering helped me gain a better sense of purpose, as preachy as it might come off. I normally volunteer at a wolf shelter and it's a great feeling to feel like you're helping to make a difference

>>24165316

don't feel bad anon, I didn't finish high school myself, dropped out and finished at an 'adult high school' to get my GED, then took a four year break working shitty retail jobs. It was honestly exactly what I needed to get a wake up call and figure out that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life working shitty minimum wage jobs, so now I'm in college working on a degree in biochem forensics and doing better than I would have if I had gone in straight from high school.

It was honestly one of the best choices I've ever made.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.