[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got out of an abusive relationship and I have no idea

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I just got out of an abusive relationship and I have no idea what to do with myself now. I just feel so fucking empty and awful all the time now and I can hardly focus on anything.

I've always had trouble being social and at this point I don't even know how to talk to people at all anymore, even when I do try to talk to someone I clam up and get nervous as hell. Even here I haven't been able to talk to people in any reasonable capacity without them growing bored of me or just have them randomly stop talking to me.

Am I fucked /soc/? I feel like I'm going to be alone forever at this point.
>>
>>23927221
>Am I fucked /soc/? I feel like I'm going to be alone forever at this point.

Nah, confidence and social skills are something you can develop, it just takes time and effort. Also when you get more used to it you'll relax and be more natural. Unless you are autistic. I have anxiety and I managed to 'fake' being normal though it took some work (but now that I've finally started taking meds for anxiety 6 months ago I see how much easier this all would have been if I had dragged my ass to a psychiatrist earlier).

Find a repeatable short social situation you suck at (ordering a sub at subway without saying uhhh hmm umm for example) and put on a 'mask'. Decide you're going to be confident, speak clearly and audibly, not use hesitation-words like an idiot, et cetera and go for it. Adopt this new persona and project confidence. It will take a bunch of tries but slowly you'll use this new 'you' to make another wall to hide away the disgusting real you. Then you start working on the next thing you suck at and make another wall, until you have trapped the 'real you' in a dungeon. Or something. Soon you'll be firmly but politely telling telemarketers/pollsters that you have no interest in answering questions or buying stuff and that you would appreciate if they'd remove your phone number from their list.

And uhh... about feeling empty and awful... it gets better? Maybe it's clinical depression or maybe your just sad and confused about your relationship and haven't had enough time to process your feelings. Hang in there anon/femanon
>>
>>23927221
>Even here I haven't been able to talk to people in any reasonable capacity

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN OP
Come and post in your own thread you twat

But talking to people online is harder imo, since you don't get that facial expression feedback that lets you know if your joke/quip landed, if you are boring them to tears or creeping them the fuck out
>>
>>23927273
thanks for the advice. I just feel so fucking awkward when I talk. I don't stutter or anything, but I feel like I come across as freaky or robotic.
>>23927804
I figured that out pretty quickly. I have trouble with small talk so it hurts me there too.
>>
>>23928626
I have no idea about sounding robotic but I'm guessing that when you're more comfortable with small talk you'll start to sound more natural.

Make a throwaway discord user, join some voice chat servers and start chatting with people

If it's not connected to the real you, you'll feel less pressure and it will be easier to step out of your comfort zone
>>
>>23927221
I know how you feel anon/femanon. I was in am abusive relationship too. Was never good enough for my girlfriend. But since I'm a fairly shy and socially awkward person so I never had the courage to break it off. But once it ended I found myself surrounding myself with my close friends. I never really talked about it but it just made it easier having other people around.

A couple years ago I found it hard to even start a conversation but honestly, working in a job that forced me to talk to people changed me so much. I still struggle to talk to people in new situations or places I'm not familiar with. But I also know that it feels really good when somebody listens. So I'll be there to listen to you if you want. I don't get bored easily and I'm fairly good at picking up on jokes through text. So if you need someone to talk to just let me know.
Kik and Skype are bigphatpanda42

Good luck anon/femanon. You'll pull through this and be a stronger person at the end.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.