[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any musicians on here wanna start a band/thing? Don't have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20151104_123922.jpg (309KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151104_123922.jpg
309KB, 960x1280px
Any musicians on here wanna start a band/thing? Don't have to meet in person, we can just choose some songs (or write some), record the parts individually and then send them to each other. Guitarist and singer here, anyone play drums, bass, or keyboards?
>>
u have a wrinkly neck its gross
>>
>>22732443
Kek
>>22732438
I play all those things, but i dont have any means to record and all that. Also dont think it would really work but sounds fun
>>
>>22732443
Gonna be honest, that's the first time I've ever heard that
>>
>>22732446
I know it seems a little farfetched, but have you heard of Postal Service? They recorded their whole album without meeting in person
>>
>>22732473
fuck yes postal service
>>
I'm a guitarist and (incredibly amateur) singer so I can't really contribute to this thread.

>free bump tho

I'm trying to get in to recording though, and I would love it if there is someone that could give me some tips to help me in the right direction.
>>
>>22733140
1. Find a good DAW. They're all super expensive but that's why we have good ol' piracy to help us out with that. They're all different too, I prefer Ableton because of how easy it is to learn on your own. Other ones that I like are Pro Tools and Logic
2. Get an audio interface. It's a little box with inputs in it to plug microphones and guitars into to record audio. You don't need a super professional one to start, but getting one is essential
3. Microphone for vocals. WAY better than a laptop mic, invest in a decent studio microphone, and DON'T get a USB powered one. If you're gonna get a mic, get a nice one.
>>
>>22733213
Another tip, but mainly for guitarists. Don't plug your guitar into your DAC. Mic your amp and record that.
>>
I could master something, I guess.
https://soundcloud.com/dr-doomsday
>>
you can send tracks by mail and call it Mail Carrier
>>
>>22732438
I'm a terrible violinist/guitarist! I'd be happy to join the band. What about Julius Seizure for a band name? I've heard Adolf Hipster and the Vinyl Solutions before which I thought was really good. Or what about Everything But Country and Rap? That way every awful dating profile can say they love our shit
>>
>>22732438
I play the guitar and self teaching myself to play keyboard. What style of band do you wanna make?
>>
Do JamKazam! I play guitar, bass and do vocals.

https://www.jamkazam.com/
>>
>>22734607
Something really experimental, and use whatever instruments we can get our hands on
>>
>>22734649
I would be intersect with playing the guitar with you over skype so I'm in
>>
>>22734657
I'd be so down! I can't skype right now (provably not until tomorrow) but give me your skype and I'll accept the request or whatever and we can go from there
>>
>>22734675
my skype is elfenliedxsis picture of some anime chick
>>
>>22734892
I said "ayy"
>>
I can play bass if y'all want. Skype is celadon.sky
>>
I can play guitar, bass, some keyboard, have an M-Audio synth,and various synth apps on my iPad, give me some contact senpai
>>
Hey guys, skype is ciarang_43, add up and we'll start a grouo chat
>>
>>22734578
I want your violin skills, add my skype!
>>
Drummer/saxophonist/guitarist/bassist here. Thing is I only own the sax and guitar and I use my cousin's drum kit and bass on the weekends. I can record but it's not pro quality because I'm poor. Skype: eidoloneiroimago
>>
>>22732438
I play guitar (rhythm, generally), bass, and piano. I could also program drum machines and synths if necessary, and I could engineer in a real pinch.

Here's a novel idea: instead of (or in addition to) trying to build a single band by auditioning members, how about posting a link to a rough mix with stems. People could then add or swap in their own self-recorded material and post a link to a rough mix of their contribution (with stems).

>>22733213
>They're all super expensive
Reaper.
>>
>>22737040
>Reaper
This
>>
>I wanna be singer but im not blessed with that 4 octave freddie mercury voice
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.