[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the name of a concept to describe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: london.jpg (113KB, 682x400px) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
113KB, 682x400px
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the name of a concept to describe a pattern of motion that I have noticed. I don't know what it is called so I can only describe it like an idiot would. I swear this isn't a joke.

Hold a pen or pencil in between your thumb and forefinger, at about the midpoint.

Place the non-ink/non-lead end, in between your lips. Touching only on of the lips (but keep them close, you'll be needing both real soon)

Begin to roll the object between your fingers/across you lips

At some point near the middle of the finger rolls, kind of grab the pen with your opposing lip

Notice how the direction of you finger roll remains the same but after you transition lips the pen is travelling in the opposite direction.

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>9169329
wat
>>
>>9169332
What's confusing you?
>>
>>9169329
You're at an 11 right now, you need to slow down and sober up, it's only Thursday.
>>
>>9169337

haha, can you guys please help me instead of making me feel bad?
>>
>>9169329
sorry, now i understand what you mean. not sure why that occurs to be honest. try tilting your head to the side while you do it, see if the same thing happens.
>>
>>9169343
I actually meant this unironically when I typed it, so dont feel too bad anon.
still have no clue what the name of the concept is though.
>>
>>9169349

it's kind of hard to do with your head to the side but it works.

It's kind of just direction change because the axis of traction (I don't know if that is a thing but it sounds in the ballpark) shifts yet the direction of the momentum is unchanged.

It's like gears or something similar.
>>
Might be related to this
https://youtu.be/DkkqhzatasI?t=3m
>>
>>9169580
what the fuck is wrong with thots...
>>
Imagine you have a circle.
Imagine you have a wheel that goes around that circle clockwise.
The wheel is always turning clockwise, but it moves in opposite directions at the top and the bottom of the circle.
Is this what you are referring to?
>>
>>9169580
>>9169728

Yeah kinda

Is there a name for this effect though?
>>
>>9170714
There probably is, but I don't know it, and I don't think I've ever heard a name.

And actually, it would be more intuitive to say that a ball is going clockwise around the inside of the circle.
>>
>>9170714
Its just an artifact of perspective.
>>
>>9169580

>autistic women

really scary
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.