[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simulation Thoery Thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7814.jpg (150KB, 750x686px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7814.jpg
150KB, 750x686px
The idea that the Earth is a simulation has really been brought into the spotlight because of Elon Musk (pic related) and is interesting due to the idea that it can coexist with creationism, evolutionism, and multiverse theories. Thoughts?
>>
Realized I spelled Theory wrong, was in a rush.
>>
>>9168925
>was in a rush.
I totally understand man. I mean, you really had to make this shitpost. Good that you rushed! I can't imagine having to wait a single second more for this piece of shit thread.
>>
Fuck off. Elon Musk is a cunt. A stupid cunt. Muh AI muh ST

If you want to read about the ST, go read Nick Bostrom. Not Elon Cunt
>>
>>9168921
"Simulation" can be taken different ways.
Is reality a video game where moral values don't matter as long as you win? Probably not. Are you literally asleep and everything you see is a computer screen of some kind and therefore the consequences of reality don't matter? Of course not.
However, are you the laws of physics made up and enforced upon reality because some people don't like the way reality works and want to live in a delusion? We already see plenty of this kind of phenomenon going on in online games such as MMORPGs for example. There are games such as "maple story" where you can literally marry another character.
>>
>>9168938
Haha

>>9168921
Yes I am prone to agreeing with the idea that this is a simulation for 2 reasons.

1) even if it isn't I think we will eventually create a perfect vr
2)it generalizes pretty much any other theory of the universe, especially the "anything can happen" philosophy.
>>
Not sure you're familiarity with simulation theory, but I definitely suggest listening to Nick Bostrom's talks (assuming you've read his work.) Simulation Theory is quite interesting in that functions as a modern analogy of how things can be. We are left to make a leap of faith into a camp of our choice. But I posit that work in algorithmic analysis and computer science leads us to accept our likely fate as simulations. Does it matter? No. When I cum, it feels good to me. When I live, it feels like living. I just hope to some how interact with our simulators.
>>
>>9168921
Cartesianian wankfest, nothing more.
>>
>>9168968
Ethical issues prevent that. If you could make a sentient mind within a computer, you probably wouldn't want it to suffer. Earth is only a good place for a relatively small amount of people.

The only evidence for a simulation we have is Chinese people. They obviously have no souls or free will. They're like worker bees, or ants. It's very likely that they are turing test programs.
>>
>>9168921
>every night I place a note on my keyboard before going to bed
>"don't play this game" it says
>every day I read that note and sigh
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.