[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exam schedule thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tests.png (78KB, 543x242px) Image search: [Google]
tests.png
78KB, 543x242px
Share your exam schedule for this semester, ask and answer questions.
Starting this thread because I'm a new student and I'm afraid I bit off a bit more than I can chew for my first semester and I'd like to see how my workload is compared to other students.
Do you think I'm taking on too much? (notice that the dates of physics 1 and set theory are the same... FML)
>>
File: 1471601441502.jpg (126KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471601441502.jpg
126KB, 900x1200px
You children are so young. I'm not completing any courses, I'm doing research for my PhD.
>>
>>9167674
it is bad form to lie on the internet
>>
>>9167496
comp sci major here:
Discrete Mathematics - 3 units
Honors Mathematical Proof - 1 unit
Calculus II - 5 units
Disaster Recovery and Incident Response (cyber security course) - 3 units
Hacking Tools And Techniques - 3 units
Physics - Mechancis of Fluids and Solids - 3 units
>>
>>9167496
I'm surprised you're in linear algebra. At my school you have to take two semester of calculus before enrolling in it.
>>
>>9167690
same here. Linear isnt available at my school until after completing Calc II
>>
Why/how the hell are you taking Cal 1 and integration at the same time?

Why are you taking physics, CS, and a theoretical math class?
>>
>>9167496
How are you enrolled in set theory, methods of integration, and linear algebra before they have even taught you how to integrate?

What institution allows this?
>>
I'm taking Complex Analysis, Real Analysis and "ODEs and Dynamical Systems"
In the last semester of my MS Math right now. But I gotta teach 2 sections of pre-cal. I suffer with 120 students.
>>
>>9167690
>>9167696
around here lin alg 1 is basically just foundations of algebra - fields, vector spaces, matrices etc. the real linear algebra starts at the next course.

>>9167698
>>9167702
It's a combined degree in physics and math. calc 1 is a course for mathematicians, but because physicists really need integration, starting the second half of the semester, the students that double major get this extra course about methods of integration, just to get the basic concepts so that they don't get held back when they need it later (but haven't finished calc 2 yet).
The alternative is to wait with physics 2 to the third semester but that's pretty absurd for a physics degree, so here we are.
TL;DR - never double major, things don't always make sense.
>>
>>9167685
>Hacking Tools and Techniques
You must go to some fucked up sort of school
>>
I'm being payed to attend a CC and take chemistry 2.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.