[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College math degrees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4454.jpg (95KB, 720x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4454.jpg
95KB, 720x840px
Holders of bachelor degrees in math, how much harder than calc 2 does a math degree get? I've done well in everything so far but I'm just curious how much harder it would get. Does the switch away from mostly algabra based problems mess with you?
>>
>>9165218
Intro to proofs is to analysis as Calc 2 is to multivariable and diff eq.

I think that the difficulty is the same or easier because hopefully you reach a level of maturity such that the difficulty comes from volume of work more than application of ideas.
>>
at the undergraduate level many of the proof problems are still "algebra based" that is, they are proofs by symbolic manipulation.

on the whole though, the difficulty depends on the school. If you go to a serious school and get hit with hard real analysis (rudin tier stuff) then it will be pretty difficult, atleast relative to the average math student's capabilities.
>>
>>9165221
I'm going to a pretty decent state school. Then the next issue is figuring out what I wanna do with this degree because I'm not interested in any more schooling and I'd rather die than become a teacher.
>>
>>9165254
Start looking into becoming an actuary. You only need a bachelor's degree and some certifications... you can thank me later.
>>
>>9165256
I've always been interested in that, although I've heard max salary is pretty capped
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.