[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in the law of the excluded middle? If not, why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: laws.jpg (44KB, 503x415px) Image search: [Google]
laws.jpg
44KB, 503x415px
Do you believe in the law of the excluded middle? If not, why?
>>
I want to believe
>>
>>9165219
Why can't you?
>>
I'm a ZFCfag so yeah the law of excluded middle is my jam.
>>
I'm a type theory guy because platonism is for dorks and I've come to realize that proofs and syntax are all we really have
>>
>>9165229

but anon, type theory is a form of platonism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhelnMkzyF0
>>
>>9165232
(not true by the way)
>>
>>9165234

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cratylus_(dialogue)#Platonic_Theory_of_Forms

"So mustn't a rule-setter also know how to embody in sounds and syllables the name naturally suited to each thing? And if he is to be an authentic giver of names, mustn't he, in making and giving each name, look to what a name itself is? And if different rule-setters do not make each name out of the same syllables, we mustn't forget that different blacksmiths, who are making the same tool for the same type of work, don't all make it out of the same iron. But as long as they give it the same form--even if that form is embodied in different iron--the tool will be correct, whether it is made in Greece or abroad."
>>
>>9165234
never thought I'd see that outside of /mu/
>>
>>9165214
I believe in its double negation.
>>
>>9165741
I don't not believe you.
>>
File: despair.jpg (87KB, 468x248px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
87KB, 468x248px
Yes, mathematics would be hell without it
>>
>>9166130
Only if you're a complete brainlet, which you seem to be.
>>
File: 1499801507757.png (273KB, 579x681px) Image search: [Google]
1499801507757.png
273KB, 579x681px
>>9165214
I don't, since I believe in its negation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.