[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even Stewart acknowledges how brainlet-tier his books are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: stewartlet.png (88KB, 605x73px) Image search: [Google]
stewartlet.png
88KB, 605x73px
Even Stewart acknowledges how brainlet-tier his books are
>>
>>9164872
that's pretty great
>>
ebin
>>
What book do you recommend for calculus then? Don't say Spivak or Apostol. They are too hard for beginners.
>>
>>9164877
Khan
>>
>>9164878

Academy
>>
>>9164881
Precisely.
>>
>>9164878
Genghis
>>
>>9164878
>>9164881
>>9164884
>unironically shilling
>>
>>9164872
Which theorem?
>>
File: 1469104954286.jpg (31KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1469104954286.jpg
31KB, 250x251px
>>9164892

>shilling for a nonprofit
>2017

desu Khan got paid $800K last year, not bad for a charity
>>
>>9164877
The third of fourth edition of Calculus and Analytic Geometry, by Thomas (Donald Knuth loved this book).

Gilbert Strang's "Highlights of Calculus".

Keep in mind common errata in cirriculum: https://math.vanderbilt.edu/schectex/commerrs/

And lastly, Professor Leonard rules if you really can't seem to understand a concept and need a big strong handsome man to ELI5.
>>
>>9164901
btw only the first one was a book. Strang's series can be found here: https://ocw.mit.edu/resources/res-18-005-highlights-of-calculus-spring-2010/
>>
>You're poof is in another castle
>>
>>9164896
That's the one cheque he got from Billy.
>>
>>9164895
Intermediate Value Theorem
>>
>>9164872
That's why Stewart's books are stands for my monitors.
>>
My community college makes us use this book, im in calc2, am i boned?

Also how the fuck do I memorize the 100's of specific ways to solve trig integrals?
>>
>>9165246
You're in community college, you're fine.
>>
>>9164877
I studied on Spivak this year as a beginner. It seems really hard at first but then you get used to it.
>>
>>9165246
>Also how the fuck do I memorize the 100's of specific ways to solve trig integrals?

No man you got it all wrong. You need to learn like 3 identities and that's it. Then in a test you will have a trig integral and you have to think:

>Hmm... this really makes me think. Really activates the good old almonds. I do wondee though, what would make this disgusting mess of secants, cosecants and autisecants integrable?

And then you start playing around with the 3 identities you know and start proving a bunch of identities until you find one that is integrable and you go with it.

I don't know about others but in the middle of calc tests back then I probably proved tens of secant identities just to integrate those bastard integrals.

You'll get what I mean when you get there. Integrals are like women. When you see one you just want to fuck her and get done with it, but you can't just approach a woman and tell her to spread her legs. You gotta concoct and entire operation. You gotta take the integral to dinner. You gotta ask it if it was a dom or a sub (secant integrals are almost always dom) and you gotta ask them for their fetishes. Most integrals have the same fetishes so then you perform sex the way they like it and you are done.
>>
File: maths_progression.jpg (544KB, 848x2494px) Image search: [Google]
maths_progression.jpg
544KB, 848x2494px
>>9164872
>>
>>9164872
so his calculus book is shit but what about his precalclulus book? is it shit too? any alternatives?
>>
>>9165569
>any alternatives?
Spivak!
>>
>>9166657
spivak teaches precalculus?
>>
>>9164877
Thomas is bretty good
>>
>>9164877
http://faculty.swosu.edu/michael.dougherty/book/book.html
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.