[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychiatry/ Psychotherapy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1502660125089.jpg (241KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1502660125089.jpg
241KB, 1280x1122px
Anyone wanna talk about their therapy or psychiatry in general?

Currently having one session per week and its going pretty nicely. The shrink is very relatable to me even though he looks like a classic hipster with tattooed arms, long beard and a bald head.
Hes listening to what I say and makes very logically sounding statements regarding what I tell him.
Its not yet at a point where it has actually helped me get better, but I already feel like I understand my problems a lot better than before.

Im also considering taking some modafinil to see if that helps me be more focused, awake and generally a better person.
I know that its something that people get against schizoid personaliy disorder, which I share a lot of traits with, but I wont go as far as claiming that I actually have it before the shrink tells me.
Should I just go for half a pill on my own and see where it goes and then tell him later, or should I ask him beforehand? I assume that his answer would be to just do what I feel like anyways, but it somehow feels more natural for me to not ask him first, which again should help him in analyzing me.
Are there any negative consequences of modafinil that I should be aware of? Especially in the case of self medication against something thats far from completely understood by myself?
>>
Pseudoscience
Fuck off
>>
>>9164748
Sorry for kicking out an IQ thread for this. I feel truly sad about violating this boards culture of posting the exact same threads over and over again :(

On a serious note: I find the topic hugely interesting even if (or maybe because) its not as rigorous as the sciences that I usually come into contact with.
Besides that, psychotherapy is definitely as much based on the scientific method as many other soft sciences, and it is objectively helpful for a lot of people, and not in a placebo way.
>>
>Psychiatry/ Psychotherapy

You need to distinguish the two and not simply use them in the same sentence interchangeably. Psychologists are the "listens to you and tries to help" type. Psychiatrists are actual doctors who went through much more rigorous training and can prescribe medication.

If you want to enhance cognition, there are better drugs than modafinil.
>>
>>9165560
I know about the difference between psychologist and psychiatrist but thought that psychiatrist and psychotherapist were more or less the same...

Also thanks for the drug intput! Can you name something that worked better for you than modafinil?
>>
I've been seeing psychotherapists on and off since my teens because of schizophrenia. They don't do anything for me and I really can't imagine how they'd be useful in any context whatsoever. They're a total meme. One psychotherapist I saw for a period of three years got so comfortable with me he just ended up ranting about his personal life to me towards the end.
>>
>>9165828
Psychotherapy for schizophrenia? Top kek.
>>
>>9165845
Psychiatrists usually hire psychotherapists that you're supposed to see it's how they make money in my area if I could just see a psychiatrist once every three months for a med refill I'd that but I can't
>>
I've been having auditory hallucinations recently at night, when I'm trying to fall asleep. Sometimes its voices, other times its music. But it's always very faint, I can barely hear it. I can't hear it well enough to understand what the voices are saying, or identify what song it is.
>>
>>9165871
Do you take drugs? I always have that when I'm coming down from stuff, but very rarely also when completely sober.
I usually enjoy it and don't think more of it.

>>9165828
Sorry to hear that, anon. Mine seems genuinely intelligent and he's interesting to work with and talk to.
How does your schizophrenia manifest itself?
>>
I talked to a psychiatrist for 10 minutes, and I was diagnosed schizophrenic.
Antipsychotics made me a permanent brainlet even a year after quitting them.
>>
>>9166333
>Do you take drugs?
No. I find them annoying because I'm trying to sleep. They're persistent enough that they keep my attention.
>>
>>9166956
That's just in your head. You still got your chops, bro.
>>
>>9166969
fyi auditory hallucinations before you sleep are totally normal and nothing to worry about.
>>
Dont just take meds without consulting him, thats not to say the meds are dangerous or wont help,you per se.. More like, they should be accompanied by a comprehensive plan and lifestyle changes that are best created by a professional
>>
File: 1504837172728.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1504837172728.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>9164748
ok guess all threads that arent directly math, chemistry, or physics which also only contain proofs and the most accepted theories should fuck off because "Pseudoscience"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.