[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychologically speaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
22KB, 480x360px
What does it mean if someone displays repeated indifference and/or cruelty towards people, but constant affection towards animals such as cats and dogs?
>>
File: 1495309554860.jpg (1MB, 1283x1466px) Image search: [Google]
1495309554860.jpg
1MB, 1283x1466px
It's a well known psychological phenomenon called "being an edgy teenager".
>>
>>9163601
It might mean that they have taken a good look at people and dogs and come to the self-evident conclusion that people are cunts and dogs are not. Cats don't count. They are cunts too.
>>
>>9163601

I think those are called weaklings
>>
>>9163601
you mean misanthropy?
>>
They're a misanthrope op.

Also cats and dogs do not compete in the job market or dating market against you, nor do they partake in any agency of social commentary, politics or property acquisition. They're kinda just background noise.
>>
>>9163601
Classic psychopathic traits
>>
>>9163649
I never thought of the motivation for hating humanity as being that blatantly selfish. Very interesting viewpoint.

I myself have had my moments of misanthropy, but this comes from seeing people consistently choose poorly from of a set of decisions. I see it in myself and those around me, and it makes me wonder if we can ever be more. The same hatred never extends to animals because they don't have the cognitive ability that most humans do.

OP, this is something everyone goes through, but I think the healthy way to deal with it is to rationalize other people's choices by referencing their differences in interests. The person you're talking about is definitely not dealing with their feelings in a healthy manner, it seems to me. They might need help dealing with their feelings.
>>
>>9163601
Since psychopaths are not really good at the whole "affection" business, it could mean several things:

A) They are mildly psychopatic, and only show affection to those really really close to them, including mothers, pets and maybe one of their own children.

B)Their disdain for people comes from an external cause, and is maladaptative. That cause does not include pets. Think like racism, but towards the whole species.

C)They are all talk and no deeds, but their life choices allow them to be all talk, since they do not see with their own eyes the consequences of their acts.

D)The affection you describe is similar to the one a normal person has towards plants. The pet is less an object of love, and more of an ornament.

I should warn you though, I'm not a psychologist.
>>
>>9163601
Me desu. It's because people are uninteresting and dull while animals are cute and spread positivity. Same thing with children, although they can be annoying in large doses.
>>
>>9163601
DANGER LEVELS
Savage Beast > Humans > domesticated pet
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.