[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do SNRI's fuck up creativity and/or cognition? Been suffering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Do SNRI's fuck up creativity and/or cognition?

Been suffering from crippling depression for 10 years (since I hit puberty, so its probably genetic), I always though I could just snap out of it, but not gonna happen.

I want to try anything and everything, I'm currently working on a tDCS device, but I'm waiting on a 5mA fuse.
>>
>>9163186
They say that any possible dip in cognition caused by antidepressants is offset by the increased alertness and motivation associated with not being depressed.

I personally found this not to be the case, as any increase of mood I had on meds was offset by the jaundice and liver pain, but I was told that was a very uncommon side effect.
>>
>>9163242
Thank you.
>>
shameful bump for opinions
>>
>>9163186
>since I hit puberty, so its probably genetic
Probably not.

I assume you've gone through environmental and behavioral aspects. Diet, exercise, deep repressed trauma and being constantly and implicitly signaled that you should feel good in situations that make you miserable, etc.

If not, you should. If so, ask yourself, did you ever actually try? Or did you just convince yourself you did, because it was easier and felt better.

Regardless, there are almost always better approaches than antidepressants. Try intermittently eating chocolate. Whether raw cacao (unrecommended for the long term), or a decent quality chocolate made with chocolate liquor. Replace any caffeine sources with yerba mate or guarana seeds. Kava or phenibut can also uncoil you, if you've become perpetually and tightly wound. Allows for deconstruction or gradual shifts you might not have been capable of otherwise. Alternatively, offsets constant misery and affords functionality. Though as far as functionality is concerned, it's generally not wise to rely on triggering positive feedback loops.
>>
>>9163562
Also, Ergo Proxy was great. Only reason I responded.

I'm pretty well detached from people unless I detect a sliver of mid-level common ground. Won't waste my time otherwise. That's not a bad thing, either.
>>
>>9163562
Thank you, I will considere your advice.

>>9163563
yeah, it was good
>>
I'm on 300mg XR Wellbutrin and 2x30mg IR Adderall per day...cognition and creativity are the opposite of fucked up. Pretty god mode combo for school and has completely turned my life around over the last few years
>>
>>9163682
So, SSRI and Dopamine/Norepinephrine enhancer...

Now I just have to get a doctor to prescribe them..
Any advice?
>>
On a side question, what does norepinephrine do other than being adrenaline the precursor ?
>>
>>9164328
It alters the plasticity of neurons in the prefrontal cortex. We know its essential for cognition of which i personally know most about xognitive flexibility.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.