[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Applying infinites to time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: confused president.jpg (52KB, 576x804px) Image search: [Google]
confused president.jpg
52KB, 576x804px
It's 2AM, I'm sitting here on my phone without power thanks to Irma, and I've never browsed /sci/ before. Something just popped into my head though and I wanna share it.

Is it logical to say that our bodies are within multiple (going as far as infinite) points in time at once?

Think about it, our different time zones are massive, but if you apply logic there are infinite numbers between zero and one and therefore the time zones can be broken down into infinitely small sizes. If I lay on my bed it could be 3:45:999999999999 at my head and 3.45:999999999998 at my feet. So how is it that we are simultaneously in two times at once?
>>
Nigga did you just confuse arbitrary timezones with "real" time differences?

Go to sleep nigga, time zones from the prime meridian are arbitrary and do not exist
>>
How high are you?
>>
>>9161636
>>9161641
Shit I think I did
Fuck this storm

Let's change the direction of this thread then. Is time real? Like, is it something you can go backwards and forwards with if the technology was there, or does nothing exist but the present?
>>
Same here. Time has a planck units, so cannot be infinitely divided. What happens is that your head ages faster than your feet due to being farther from Earth's gravity. The effect might be too small to measure unless you were near a black hole event horizon.
>>
Our spacecraft return with clocks slightly ahead of ground time. They move through time faster is all.
>>
>>9161631
your head experience time a little bit slower than your feed.
in real life the differences are so small that you can ignore it but there is definitly a difference.

but this has nothing to do with timezones, more with distance to earth and travelling speed.
>>
>>9161631
Well...

Time is just a concept throught which we measure movement. (Really - chemical and subatomic movement is not dependend on time, but it is only thing that makes time a thing we can experience (because our thinking itself is movement of informations in our bodies) and measure thanks to it).

Time is not as much as a objective truth, but our own subjective measurement of movement around us. For example if our brains were 2times slower we would experience the time to be 2 times faster for us. Because movement around us would seem faster then it is now (compared to our chemical and neuron activity speed of movement).

Therefore the concept of time is too abstract to be taken this seriously.

Also yeah it works like that. If you look at your feet and you move it you will see and also feel the action you have made later than it happened. Not only because the time travels some time to your eyes, but also the neurons have some limited speed of information flow. Therefore you always see and feel past, not the present.

So to sum it up: Subjectivelly not only your body but the space around you has a different "time zones" as you said. But objectivelly it is bullshit to talk about time.

P.S.: Sorry for my Engrish I am not native engrish speaker, so I sometimes fuck up some words in this rangague.
>>
>>9161718
* Because light travels...

As I said I fuck up sometimes... Sorry
>>
>>9161631
Take this shit to /x/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.