[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any benefit to changing your handedness before your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: right handedness.png (155KB, 401x354px) Image search: [Google]
right handedness.png
155KB, 401x354px
Is there any benefit to changing your handedness before your brain stops developing?
>>
>>9160678
ambidextrous i guess. my mom, due to weird ass religious bullshit, had her dominant hand (left) tied behind her back when her parents realized she was left-handed, now she is pretty ambidextrous because of it
>>
>>9160681
I was born left-handed and forced to write right-handed like your mother. I want to go back to my left-handed routes but I read somewhere that ambidextrous people are generally less intelligent and more likely to be schizophrenic
>>
>>9160678
You lose 8-10 IQ points and suffer memory losses plus increased risks of mental disorders.
The parts of the brain controlling fine motor skill (hand/finger use) have nothing to do with creativity and imagination.
>>
>>9160681
>>9160688
https://youtu.be/Piay9dVkIsE
>>
>>9161552
>all this bullshit

Lol
>>
When I was about 15 I decided it was stupid that an entire half of my body should be incapable of fine motor skills, so I tried to become ambidextrous. I started by just remembering to open and close doors with my left hand for about a week, then moved on to using silverware and tossing balls around or w/e. After a month or two I reached the point where I can write equally as neatly with my left hand as I do my right, albeit slowly.

That's where I am now as I never bothered perfecting it, but I still occasionally use my left hand to do things without thinking about it. I AM slightly neurotic, but I seriously doubt my handedness was a major cause of it.
>>
>>9162194
>triggered leftie
>>
>>9162678
well played
>>
>>9160678
All the memories and motor function that you have associated with your left or right hand becomes entirely different if you use your other hand.

For example if you eat with your other hand you begin to fire neurons down the same pathways that the brain uses for the right hand, but now this time it is the nerves in the left hand that are connecting to it. When you begin to build those new connections then you effectively revisit all the things are are associated with learning to use utensils and eating.

The more habitual and used to something that we are the more we fire those synapses without thinking or altering those patterns. If you have to retrain yourself to learn how to use your hand to do something then you begin to see how the faculties of the conscious mind intercede with the functioning of the unconscious.

I think a good analogy is something like creating a character in a game. When you first start out you just put your points into random skills and you don't really understand the importance of vitality or strength or charisma; you just spend the points kind of blindly. When you make a character again after having played for a while you understand what traits and abilities you need. You kind of get to go back and mull over your choices and even change them too.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.