[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hurricane Season 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hurricane season 2017.png (885KB, 968x544px) Image search: [Google]
hurricane season 2017.png
885KB, 968x544px
Will be Lee become another hurricane? If so, what category?

Is climate change to blame? If so, does that mean this is going to get worse as time progresses?

Why hasn't the USA taken more drastic measures to deal with this issue? Why is everyone sticking their heads in the sand and pointing fingers?
>>
>>9160512
You said that backwards. If this gets worse, then we will know climate change is to blame. However it would probably take a few decades before we have enough evidence to be sure we crossed the line
>>
>>9160534
But if we've crossed the line then won't it be too late?
>>
>>9160512
>Why hasn't the USA taken more drastic measures to deal with this issue? Why is everyone sticking their heads in the sand and pointing fingers?

Because, it doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>9160673
So the $180 billion in damages and the lives of the people affected don't matter? Yeah, I guess you're right.
>>
>>9160724
And that billion is only from Harvey. The total cost of hurricane damage is much greater.
>>
>>9160551
It's already too late, probably. I just mean the line where there is no argument about it anymore.

At this point, we might still be in the "bad hurricane every decade or so", which really isn't any different. Maybe the hurricane start getting a little worse on average, or a little bigger, or come a little sooner in the year, but this would all be part of that really slow change that many will argue would have basically happened the same without humanity's help.

No, the line will be crossed when every year brings a new record breaking hurricane without fail. Then we'd really be in a new era of climate.

However, things probably won't get that bad. The slow changes with gradually shifting averages is far more realistic. And that is inevitable at this point, the only question left is how significant the changes are, and how slowly they happen. If the changes are too small or slow, then an argument will exist that it wasn't human made
>>
>>9160512
It is unclear whether or not climate change causes more hurricanes, more powerful hurricanes, or something else. Either way this season is just an anomally even if it is climate changes fault, we would not have a difference this stark between one year and the next.
>>
>>9161053
Sure it's probably an outlier but 10-20 years down the road we'll still probably see an overall slope up on average hurricane size/strength. It's a fairly simple connection between warmer water and stronger hurricanes.
>>
File: George-W-Bush.jpg (2MB, 2267x3000px) Image search: [Google]
George-W-Bush.jpg
2MB, 2267x3000px
>>9160512
>>9160673
>not sticking your head in the sand
Get a load of these retards
>>
>>9160512
What are they supposed to do in short-term? Resettle the whole Caribbean and southern east coast? Rebuild the cities on higher ground? Nuke the hurricanes?
>>
>>9160512
>taken more drastic measures
Trump's plan against the next hurricane is to get everyone to the shore and wave nazi flags at it.
>>
>>9161816
I'll laugh if Jose really just runs north and turns out to sea.
All the memes about Trump keeping Jose out will be amazing.
>>
>>9161814
Build MegaCities and start the Judge-program
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.