[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Sci/ mathematicians I need your help, assemble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So I just finished my Calculus test, and did it really good. But the thing is that before the test we are forced to do "Test of basic knowledge"
>30min
>10 short problems
>6/10 is a pass

On that test there was a question to circle the true statements and one of the statements was
>Every sequence of numbers has an accumulation point

Me ofcourse remembering a clear example of
[latex] a_{n}=n [\latex]
didn't sircle it

But it appears that every sequence does have an accumulation point, but not in [latex] \mathbb{R} [\latex] but in [latex] \bar{\mathbb{R}} [\latex].

How do I prove them that the thing is open to interpretation, my professors are known for being strict. They never stated that it's in [latex] \bar{\mathbb{R}} [\latex]. I need good compelling theorems/evidence that I am right.
Is the Weierstrass theorem a good point to start ?
>>
wtf is [math] \bar{\mathbb{R}} [/math]
>>
>>9159236
that is
[math] \mathbb{R} \cup \left \{ -\infty, \infty\right \} [/math]
>>
Oh yes, forgot to mention

On that test, I got 5/10, I need to somehow get this point to so that my actual test will be valid
>>
>>9159232
>I need good compelling theorems/evidence that I am right.
but you weren't
>>
Why can't you just go up and say that R bar wasn't specified?
>>
>>9159256
How come, they never said that it was in [math] \bar{\mathbb{R}} [/math]

Isn't it more logical that it is just in the realm of Real numbers ? It's clear they wanted to reference the Weierstrass theorem, but the theorem states nothing about [math] \bar{\mathbb{R}} [/math]

>>9159259
last month I had a similar problem with [math] \mathbb{R}^{+} [/math], I had to prove that some weird mathematical structure is an Abelian group, and they defined some variables with [math] \mathbb{R}^{+} [/math]. I always thought that zero is too part of [math] \mathbb{R}^{+} [/math], i even wrote down that the structure cannot be Abelian because of that zero.

They of course took my points and when I pledged they just said "It's not, you're wrong, better luck next time"

This time I need something compelling , I am definitely right, things like these are open to interpretation so if that don't state is it [math] \mathbb{R}[/math] or [math] \bar{\mathbb{R}} [/math] I can interpret it however I want
>>
Someone correct me here if I am wrong,

but am I the only one who whenever the realm of numbers is not specified just goes with the appropriate [math] \mathbb{R} [/math] / [math] \mathbb{N} [/math] ??
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.