[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nootropics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: modafinil.png (5KB, 220x175px) Image search: [Google]
modafinil.png
5KB, 220x175px
Anyone here taking any kind of nootropics? What are you taking and why?

I'm on modafinil. I feel pretty wired after 200mg. There has been some discussion about modafinil's effects depending on your Rs4680 SNP. I have A/A, so I'm supposed to not feel modafinil as well as A/G or G/G, some say I shouldn't feel it at all.
>>
>>9158301
>I feel pretty wired after 200mg
Does it make you wired in a good way?
>>
>>9158305
It kind of feels "light." I am more focused on tasks and it's harder for me to get distracted. It's a very unique feeling of being awake. Completing tasks feels great.

It's definitely a good kind of wired.
>>
Only Modafinil, reduces my sleep cycles and improve my concentration. Just that.
>>
>>9158332
It reduces your sleep cycles? In what way?

I've found it harder to get out of bed in the mornings. But I don't think that's modafinil's fault.
>>
I've tried Modafinil. Its pretty much a guaranteed 110% productivity day in the convenient form of a pill. I stopped taking it however as it began to ruin my sleep schedule.
>>
>>9158334
Did you take it in the morning? Afaik you're not *supposed* to take it in the afternoon as it lasts a long time and can cause problems with sleeping.
>>
>>9158336
I was taking 200mg first thing in the morning, and I would be awake until 2am that night.

At the time I was also drinking around 8 cups of coffee a day, so I suppose I can't fully blame the moda. Although I stopped the moda and get the coffee and my sleep improved somewhat.
>>
>>9158340
Have you tried it again since? Any difference?
>>
>>9158342
No haven't as I've finally gotten my sleep hygeine an overall health to a point where I don't think I need it.

Also there are side effects. With near mechanical reliability, 15 minutes after taking a modafinil I would have an intense urge to shit. poop my pants if I can't make it to a toilet bad. In general I found that it had a negative effect on my digestion, and my poop was always liquidy when I was taking it.
>>
>>9158354
That's strange. I don't get any severe side effects, really. Sometimes I get a headache for literally 3 seconds and then it's gone. You've gotta be drinking plenty of water while on moda, but I'm sure you knew that already.

It makes my piss smell weird, as well. That's common.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.