[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-calculus in two weeks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1437.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1437.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Why do I think that I could learn precalculus http://www.themathpage.com/aprecalc/precalculus.htm in two weeks?

Seriously everything I read there is easy as fuck and I have read that it takes 4 months to learn precalculus.

What am I doing?
>>
Pre-calc is high school shit dude

If you dedicate some time you can learn it quick
>>
>>9158249
I know i understand everything immediately but why do they say it takes so long to learn it
>>
>>9158262
I'd say it doesn't take long to learn, just takes a while to master and set in.
>>
>>9158262
Sure, you can learn everything in pre-calc in an afternoon, why not?

Just don't come to my calculus tutoring sessions when you forgot trig identity #543 and can't get that partial fractions problem right.
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>9158211
learn about the basic shit in pre-calculus in a day just so you know what it is.

...then just start calculus 1 and review as you need to. that's the best way and i will stand by this statement. Fags get too hung up on making sure they have a "solid base" but it's just an excuse to not move ahead. Daily reminder, mathematicians aren't masters of mathematics that can calculate shit in their head. they explored the current math landscape, found something they thought was cool, and jumped through the hoops to reach the ability to be an expert in it, and forgot everything before it. guys getting their math PhD don't remember stupid little things from their calculus 1 class or pre-calculus. that's a waste of time.

TL;DR stop wasting your fucking time
>>
>>9158211
I had a botched high school education, and have been teaching myself math in the spare time.

Pre-calculus wasn't hard to understand (I never reached a concept that really challenged my mathematical ability), but it contained an obscene amount of information. The pre-cal textbook I used had over a thousand pages of information in it. You can't memorize a thousand pages of mathematical information in two weeks. (I mean, you could try, probably to limited success). It took me about 5 months of on-and-off study to get through the book with all of its exercises.

Comparing this to textbooks dedicated to other subjects (predicate calculus, set theory, linear algebra, etc), they've all generally had less than 300 pages of content each. The only other textbook I read that was as thick as that pre-calculus textbook was a calculus textbook that went over all the major areas of basic calculus.
>>
>>9158211
If you study for 3-4 hours a day then you'll do fine. These are good textbooks for college prep on this website, https://openstax.org/subjects/math
>>
Brainlet here. What is requirements for analytic geometry? Should I look deeper into basic geometry?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.