[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

metallic hydrogen haox ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 11

File: H.jpg (16KB, 780x243px) Image search: [Google]
H.jpg
16KB, 780x243px
Anyone remembers the not so subtle news about metallic hydrogen being created at harvard a few months ago ?

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/01/a-breakthrough-in-high-pressure-physics/

but then they ''lost it''

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/controversial-metallic-hydrogen-claim-under-new-scrutiny-/2500534.article

Was it just a dream ? Or are we that close to solving a shit ton of our (energy) problems ? Eng, faggot here, not that good in physics to know how feasible it really is. If it's real though it would have 4X the specific impulse of the best current rocket fuel and be a room temp superconductor...
>>
>>9158058
>and be a room temp superconductor...
We don't even know if it's metastable. It probably isn't.
And producing it, even in these tiny as fuck quantities seems like a real hassle.

So I wouldn't hold my breath for it to revolutionize rocket fuel or superconductors.
>>
read the paper for it, even if it wasnt a hoax, theyve lost the samples from the equipment breaking, so they either have to do it again or fade into obscurity
>>
>>9158058
Boy I'll sure tell you what I don't remember, is 30 years ago, because I was born in 1989 and that means I wasn't alive to witness anything that happened before such a point.

I do remember my first ball game at age 2.5 with my good 'ol pops. I remember around that same time my cousin clawing my back, leaving scars that stayed noticeable until I was about 10. I remember my dear sweet mother teaching me to read and count and do basic math around ~3yrs before popping me into pre-school. I remember my sister teaching me all the tricks to Super Mario Bros. 3 (and always being worse than her at most non-academic stuff until I hit puberty)
I remember Kindergarten work being so damn simple there was no thought to it. I remember the first dead thing I ever saw, when in the early morning my cat killed a big fat rabbit and left it on our driveway, nice hole tore in the stomach, as I walked out to wait for the bus. I remember thinking "Religion sounds pretty dumb if we all believe the same stuff but everyone says the "other side" is wrong" around 6 years old. I also remember my parents fighting all the time, well, all the time for a young child whom has intermittent bursts of what a mature person would call cognizance, before they divorced.

So yes, OP, I remember the short time wasting blurb about how metallic hydrogen was a hoax a few months ago.
What you should remember is to never use that phrase for things that happened recently.

>tl;dr
>OP is a faggot
>>
>>9159367
why because it might send some /v/ autist into a narcissistic fit?
>>
>>9159372
Boy I'll sure tell you what I don't remember is ever going to /v/ for any reason at all.

I do remember when the kindergarten teacher would take her class to her house behind the school for popsicles, how awesome is that? I remember playing with the kids in kindergarten, building forts and making war-sides and crushing my enemies with a (kid size) model excavator. I remember when my dad's 2nd oldest sister came from Florida with her family to visit so we all got together for cookouts and sports stuff and all my cousins and me could play late during that summer. I remember the first crush I ever had, Beth in 1st grade. Sweet little girl (with braces at age 6/7???), brown hair, and the girl everyone was friends with. I remember the first grade teacher being the nicest old lady you'd ever know. I remember helping my best friend in my hometown with speech therapy because he was a little slow in reading and I was a "genius". I remember having to go to the funeral of a great-uncle I never met and my sister tricking me into thinking his dead body moved (the 2nd smartest thing she ever did in her whole life). I remember winning the name contest for the only chick that hatched in our class ("Lucky", it was so obvious!). I remember when my dad spent less and less time at the house the more and more overbearing and illogical my mother became. I remember almost exactly when my family began to fall apart, and at my age now, I can also put into words the feelings I had which explained why it was going on.

Boy do I sure remember all that stuff.
What I don't remember is giving some flaming little fucktoy on /sci/ any information at all about my hobbies, or why they would matter for the point I'm trying to make.

>tl;dr
>you're a faggot
>>
>>9159391
sorry
why because it might send some /r9k/ autist into a narcissistic fit?
>>
File: 1484355778879.gif (1MB, 267x219px) Image search: [Google]
1484355778879.gif
1MB, 267x219px
>>9159422
m8, mate, m8-e, matey, my m8, my boy, my man, dude

Calm down with that bullshit.
>>
File: source (4).gif (984KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
source (4).gif
984KB, 540x540px
>>9159425
it's not bullshit
>>
>>9159430
It's quite endearing that you just want me to write out more :3
>>
File: tumblr_nglvic0X6o1qza1qzo1_500.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nglvic0X6o1qza1qzo1_500.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>9159443
i just wanted a chance to post more skeleton giferoos

Also i was wrong, you are egocentric, aka the autistic narcissist, so i guess i was actually right
>>
File: 1478945623146.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478945623146.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>9159466
Hmm.

Oh boy, I do hope you get your definitions right. And that jumping to conclusions thing, seems quite bad practice.

>https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201709/the-narcissistic-personality-how-they-think
The grand majority of those points don't apply to how I behave in a group.

>we must lern 2 ask qwestions of another before judging
>OP is still a faggot
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (4).gif
2MB, 540x540px
>>9159485
this post is an excellent example of your egocentrism. so good infact, i wonder if it was done on purpose.
>>
File: 1490310370264.gif (1MB, 225x124px) Image search: [Google]
1490310370264.gif
1MB, 225x124px
>>9159491
Cough

We must learn to ask questions of another before judging
>but hey that's just like, your opinion man!

How are you, how've you been? Enjoying that crazy weather?
>>
File: tumblr_oufhd1Eatc1qza1qzo1_500.gif (863KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oufhd1Eatc1qza1qzo1_500.gif
863KB, 500x500px
>>9159495
no thanks i already know enough about you
>>
File: 1493074080639.jpg (55KB, 576x627px) Image search: [Google]
1493074080639.jpg
55KB, 576x627px
>>9159499
Sickest yo-yo trick I ever saw, honest lady!
>>
File: tumblr_n7egf9VVpU1qza1qzo1_500.gif (957KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7egf9VVpU1qza1qzo1_500.gif
957KB, 500x500px
>>9159502
ok you can have the last word, plus this isnt even a skelling ton, what a hippo crate, eye quite
>>
File: 1486354957246.jpg (140KB, 718x517px) Image search: [Google]
1486354957246.jpg
140KB, 718x517px
>>9159508
Baby don't go I love you this time we shared was special
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.