[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADHD, OR JUST AN EXCUSE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1502794443537.jpg (61KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
1502794443537.jpg
61KB, 960x895px
I am diagnosed with ADHD and Dysthimia, my mood averages lowly but not terrible, and I have issues with motivation, memory and attention.

I get prescribed drugs that work really well in doing a u-turn to these issues, although I have to cycle them because of tolerance build up (which is fine, I can still be overwhelmingly more productive than my normal state).
-

Should I continue taking these drugs?

I am prescribed Modafinil (75mg)
and 5mg of Dexamphetamine

I combine both.
>>
>>9156775
I think it depends on the person. I myself; use modafinil 200mg because I prefer it to Adderall' s side effects. It can cause you to become dependent though
>>
>>9157024

Have you experienced good results from your Modafinil usage?
>>
I've never heard of Dyshtimia, but if it's not Schitzophrenia then it's not a real disease.
>>
>>9156775
I've been dxed with ADHD and trialed a number of drugs before, including modafinil and lisdexamfetamine, the latter of which I am currently taking.

How do you feel on modafinil?
For me, it kept me awake, but did nothing for my other symptoms.
>>
>>9156775

I tried modafinil and it did very good for me but at that time I had shitty diet and didn't do cardio but slept well.

Now I take 10x500mg fish oil everyday with 1-2 multivitamins and do cardio almost everyday eat at a deficit because I need to lose 5-10 kgs. I am Just as fresh and focused without modafinil now that I was with before also it seems like lately when I have tried to take some modafinil just to see the difference I can't even notice it.

this implies that if you stop being a piece of unhealthy piece of shit you might up much better without it.

btw my diet in itself hasn't changed but I take supplements as stated above, lol.
>>
>>9156775
>have shit lifestyle/personality
>get proscribed drugs instead of becoming a better person through self-reflection
>>
>>9157286

>How do you feel on modafinil?

I feel focused, and awake. My mind becomes silent and I no longer feel I do not have the will or energy to do things, so they become very easy to do. It also seems to change my perception of things, items in the real world look so...real, like they are truly there and they have weight to them. It's a feel I don't experience unless I am on Modafinil.

Dosages beyond 150mg can also make me feel very depersonalized, so I keep it at 100mg max. When mix with Dexamphetamine, I become very motivated and social too.
>>
>>9157309
>>9157310

My diet is actually pretty healthy, I've been restricting refined sugar and high trans fat for a while now. I eat a lot of veggies and clean meat.
>>
>>9156775
I'm diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia.

Sometimes I question my ADHD because I know it is the most over diagnosed mental disorder. When I was younger I was always very hyperactive, had trouble focusing, and struggled with impulsivity. I'm 20 now and I'm no longer jumping off the walls. Sometimes I actually feel like I don't have enough energy. The best way to describe people with ADHD is "consistently inconsistent". I struggle keeping a schedule. Some days I'm very motivated while others days I'm just the opposite.

I take Adderall XR (40mg), Guanfacine (4mg), and Memantine (10mg) 2x a day

The Guanfacine does a great job of canceling out the negative side effects of Adderall. But it makes the effects of alcohol significantly stronger. I'm in college and know that I need to be taking it, but it is so hard when alcohol is at the center of the social scene and you get shit faced off of 3 or 4 beers.

I find the Memantine to be the most beneficial. It is typically used to treat patients with Dementia. It almost slows your brain down (not in a bad way). I don't have all these random thoughts constantly running through my head and it overall has improved my cognition.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.