[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What actually is autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 20151201WhatIsAutism-844-2.jpg (167KB, 844x495px) Image search: [Google]
20151201WhatIsAutism-844-2.jpg
167KB, 844x495px
like what difference is there between a brain with autism and a normal brain?

we're constantly told what the symptoms are of autism but it's never explained how the brain is actually different from a neurotypical.
Is the social area of the brain smaller/deformed? is it just one area or the whole brain that is affected? I want to understand this better.
>>
>>9155794
The autistic brain is slightly bigger because it didn't trim useless neurons when growing up. Those extra neurons are responsible for the ultra sensibility that autists are known for.
>>
I'm diagnosed as autistic and, given my general social behavior, it's clearly deserved. But I don't get these threads. Do you really think your mind operates so differently from a neurotypical's that it deserves analysis? The only thing I find that's really different between myself and non-autists is that I'm blessed with retard-level social skills.

>>9155804
Source?
>>
>>9155794
They don't know, which is why it's based on a spectrum, rather than having separate but similar diagnoses for various physical abnormalities in the brain.
>>
I think that when we observe people who are extremely sensitive to certain allergens and their allergic reaction affects the brain then what we notice are symptoms that outwardly appear to other people to be indistinguishable from the symptoms of autism.
>>
>>9155794
Brain damage via a chronic pathological state characterized by neuroinflammation and faulty VGCC function.
>>
>>9157156
Let me guess, caused by RF?
>>
File: funny paper.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
funny paper.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>9155804

Kek
>>
>>9157156
???
>>
>>9158241
leave my megahertzs out of this
>>
File: 1352959839134.gif (2MB, 379x350px) Image search: [Google]
1352959839134.gif
2MB, 379x350px
Autism is the next step in human evolution
>>
>>9155794

This might help to understand:the brain takes in so much information that the person can't handle it. When you see an autistic person going into a meltdown, they're not crazy; there's just so much going on inside their head that their only option is to freak out, bang their head, to release some of that noise.

It's essentially an overload of sensory processing and heightened arousal to stimuli.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.