[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

METH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

How long does it take to become good enough in chemistry to make homemade meth and such stuff?
>>
File: EasyAsMeth.png (732KB, 897x506px) Image search: [Google]
EasyAsMeth.png
732KB, 897x506px
I doubt most meth cooks have actually studied chemistry lol
>>
At least 10 years. Krokodil cooks in Siberia were all professionals in their field for at least 5 years and had doctorate degrees.
>>
>>9155793
Some people would say the time it takes to learn sophomore-year organic chemistry, but imo the answer is zero.

If you really care about the mechanism by which you're adding a methyl group, as well as the chemical information by which the mechanism is determined, go ahead and read an O-Chem textbook. I think you'll find the knowledge you've gained will not help at all, and maybe those dealers were onto something when they decided to make meth in a garage instead of a real lab.

There are guides online. Go to Erowid. It's not illegal to memorize the steps. I even printed some out just to look at them. Neat stuff.
>>
>not being good enough to follow a fucking recipe

Brainlets get out
>>
File: 1484596352180.png (294KB, 1574x514px) Image search: [Google]
1484596352180.png
294KB, 1574x514px
What's the difference between these? I see a lot of times people saying they are the same but how true is that?
>>
>>9156434
They are related (they are both versions of amphetamine) but not the same thing.
>>
>>9156434
>different chemical structure
>different psychoactive effect
>different street price
>one is used to treat ADHD
>other is used by junkies and murican truckers to stay awake for days

>same

are you literally retarded?
>>
>>9155793
Not an expert, but it seems that it's fairly simple to make given that you have the simple precursors available. But the problem is that most of those precursors are now restricted and difficult to obtain in large quantities. So that's where having a strong chemistry background would help. You need to find other ways to get to the final product using what's available in large enough quantities. But that's only if you care about making it somewhat pure and not contanimated with a bunch of bad shit. Guaranteed most meth producers don't care about that and have probably never touched a chemistry book.
>>
File: 000000110.jpg (4KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
000000110.jpg
4KB, 244x206px
>>9156654
>one is used to treat ADHD
>other is used by junkies and murican truckers to stay awake for days

ding ding ding found the retard over here
>>
>>9155793
It's not the chemistry that makes it difficult, it's the fact the you can't easily purchase large quantities of pseudoephedrine anymore.
>>
File: mth.png (24KB, 672x225px) Image search: [Google]
mth.png
24KB, 672x225px
>>9156434
>>9156654
very similar except for a few exceptions
>The N-methyl group that differentiates amphetamine from methamphetamine decreases the polarity of the molecule and allows better penetration of the blood-brain barrier.
>Methamphetamine has higher (mood-altering) activity and less peripheral nervous system and cardiovascular stimulation compared with amphetamine.
there's more but i dont have patience for any more

also relevant
"
It is often asked if AMPH and METH differ in effect. The
two drugs show no differences in terms of changes in
dopamine release in the striatum, elimination rates, or other
pharmacokinetic properties (Melega et al., 1995), and equal
doses of the two drugs are not distinguished in human
discrimination studies (Lamb and Henningfield, 1994).
There is, however, a subtly greater dopamine release by
AMPH than METH in the prefrontal cortex, and likely as a
result, some subtle differences in effects of the drugs on
working memory and behavioral tolerance (Shoblock et al.,
2003a, 2003b). AMPH can elicit somewhat more locomotor
activity in rodents than METH, perhaps due to indirect
effects (Shoblock et al., 2003a). The occasional statement in
the literature that METH is more addictive, favored by drug
addicts, a more potent psychostimulant, or has diminished
peripheral activity appears to be unfounded (Shoblock et al.,
2003a). By tradition, studies on mechanisms of action are
generally on AMPH, and studies of neurodegeneration on
METH. "
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.