[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1459700603638.png (132KB, 274x238px) Image search: [Google]
1459700603638.png
132KB, 274x238px
>year 13 772 000 017 of the Universe
>humans still don't understand why apples fall from trees
>>
File: 1503866556234.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503866556234.gif
2MB, 320x320px
it's because they want to be close to earth's heart
>>
>>9155072
We do though, it's because of the curvature of space-time.
>inb4 why is space-time curved, that's because of the stress-energy tensor
>>
>>9155168
>We do though, it's because of the curvature of space-time.
lol sure.... back to your grave einstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX48uFXM2qI
>>
File: ITSTHECURRENTYEAR.jpg (58KB, 614x412px) Image search: [Google]
ITSTHECURRENTYEAR.jpg
58KB, 614x412px
>>9155072
>current year #2017
>humans still care about their phenotypes
>>
>>9155173
>quantum gravity
Are you implying apples exist on the scale of 100 nanometers or less?
>>
>>9155192
That's as much of an argument against QFT as saying planets not existing on a Planck scale is an argument against GR.
>>
>>9155202
I'm not disputing quantum field theory, I'm pointing out it doesn't apply to your original claim about apples falling from trees.
>>
>>9155207
>I'm not disputing quantum field theory
But you certainly are ignoring GR and QFT are incompatible.
>>
>>9155218
It doesn't matter for apples if they're incompatible at a scale apples don't operate on.
>>
File: 1432595572378.jpg (20KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
1432595572378.jpg
20KB, 329x329px
>>9155072
>year ~200,000 of human history
>majority of humans still dont see eye to eye
>majority of humans still resort to violence and subversive tactics to resolve conflicts
>people starving to death <20,000km from people eating themselves to death
>majority of smart people would rather indulge themselves with money, science, and attention to detail than help others
>majority of dumb people would rather "help" others by impulsively arguing half assed assumptions than reflect on the implications and logical accuracy of their own beliefs
>philosophy, art, and literature, dead, deceased and dying
>fine print is not only fine, it uses language to mislead you
>majority of humans think science will save the human race
we are fucked
you are fucked
>>
>>9155225
We're literally monkeys who by happenstance evolved some capacities to retain memories. Of course humans are not "perfectly designed".
>>
>>9155232
>i'm nothing
Speak for yourself atheist.
>>
File: Jpsartre.jpg (9KB, 180x220px) Image search: [Google]
Jpsartre.jpg
9KB, 180x220px
>>9155232
>im a existential victim!

Fantastic demonstration of a mentality that retards the human race.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_faith_(existentialism)
>>
What is this "fall" you speak of? There's no such thing as falling.
>>
this might be a little off topic
but why is there no negative mass?
if we describe gravitation as a field around a mass
why isn't there positive and negative mass
where is the disconnect between a property like charge (which creates fields and has negative values) and mass?
>>
>>9155458
Charge is an abstract concept defined by relative electron differentials and all that stuff I wish I knew more about but never got into Electrical Physics. When you break Charge down into its more atomic elements, in particular electrons, it's full of things that simple "are" in different amounts. In other words, the bi-direction axis of measurement is only a result of an abstract system; it's not the kind of thing that you EXPECT everything to have on an aesthetic level.

It's like how computers can abstractly have the concept of negative numbers and all this other algebraic stuff, but really it's just a concrete collection of absolute (at least in theory) operations on 1s and 0s- ares or are nots.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.