[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the derivative of a differential? D_x ( dx ) ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: runesc.jpg (102KB, 888x692px) Image search: [Google]
runesc.jpg
102KB, 888x692px
Whats the derivative of a differential?
D_x ( dx ) ?
>>
>>9154834
Huh? You mean like a second derivative? Or are we running the speed of differential equations here?
>>
Used as a noun in this context as a noun I can only take "differential" to mean a distance, so its derivative would, of course, be 0.
>>
>implying f(x)=dx has any meaning whatsoever
>>
>>9154937
[math] y = dx \iff \frac{1}{y} = \frac{1}{dx} \iff \frac{dy}{y} = \frac{dy}{dx} \iff \log y = y [/math]

And as we know the equation [math] log y = y [/math] has constant solutions in the complex numbers. Once of which is approximately [math] -0.3 + 1.3i [/math] So one solution is the function [math]f(x) = -0.3 + 13i [/math]
>>
>>9154960
What? How does solving y=dx have anything to do with the manipulation (specifically taking the derivative) of the function f(x)=dx? The fact that y=dx has constant and discrete solutions shows you can't even take a derivative, as derivatives necessitate continuity.
>>
how you do define the differential?
Usually you take the tangent space of your functional space and define it as a vector with some properties.
The bummer is that your point is fixed due to choosing your sistem of coordinates (maps on the manifold).
So defining the derivative of a differential as a limit is quite nonsense, because you can't define properly $df(x+\delta)-df(x)/\delta$, because the charts are different.
What mathematicians do is defining the differential operator d that is akin to differential of a function, expanding on a tensor product of TM with the properties of a derivative operator.
>>
>>9154834
Dx*dx
dx^2
the differential of a constant is zero so is dx^2
>>
>>9154937
fix dicks.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exterior_derivative
d(df)=0 for all smooth f
>>
>>9154834
Take a look at fractional calculus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_calculus

There are things like half derivatives. Gamma functions show up.

You could probably differentiate with respect to the fractional parameter.
>>
>>9154834
Depends on your space metric function.
>>
>>9154960
this is really sad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.