[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do /sci/entists lab monkey away their lives while people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: pepe the frog.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
pepe the frog.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
Why do /sci/entists lab monkey away their lives while people like Martin Shkreli are millionaires?
>>
Different objectives in life.
>>
>>9154376
shkreli isnt a scientist. hes a business major and i dont think he even has a postgrad degree.
>>
>>9154386
>U

hummmmmm that's what I'm saying

How can spreadsheet man make so much money on scientists and their work like that? I thought you people were supposed to be smart.
>>
>>9154387
a scientist doesnt have time nor experience to run a business.
>>
>>9154376
scientists synthesize the molecule, they're not concerned with the business end of things. Atleast in a professional sense, they could still have moral objections to someone like him. But that's not their job.
>>
>>9154397

You don't have to run a business mate, you guys can just need to start valuing yourselves for example.It boggles my mind why it isn't the standard of the industry for R&D people to require a share of the company or the patent your lab ends up producing upon hiring.

You can always start a company with other scientists and invert the hierarchy as well -- make you the owners while management is just hired personnel.
>>
>>9154410
That means you're using scientists' time in order to manage a business. You know who's better at that? People who studied business their entire college careers. I'd rather pay someone to do that than to handle the business end of things. Let me do my research, you handle the business.
>>
scientists focus on small problems that don't have practical applications

business people turn those small problems into leverageable business assets
>>
>>9154419

>People who studied business their entire college careers. I'd rather pay someone to do that than to handle the business end of things. Let me do my research, you handle the business.

But that's what I'm saying here.Why aren't the Shrkeli types the hired ones who make modest upper middle class salaries while the creators make the millions? It's like a manager making more money than his artist.
>>
Because a businessman's sole purpose is to make money. A scientist's isn't
>>
>>9154432

It's not about the money itself ... don't you think it's unfortunate that Shrkeli has 2 million dollars to waste on some hip hop album? I think that money would be put to way better use at the scientist's hands.
>>
Maybe scientists just have a one track mind.
>>
business/finance guys make the most money because they are the ones who determine who gets paid what, so obviously they pay themselves the highest. its bullshit but that's the way it is
>>
>>9154376
you amerifats are obsessed with money
>>
File: leeches.jpg (18KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
leeches.jpg
18KB, 500x284px
>>9154376
Scientists are attempting to better humanity, businessmen only want to profit off of the scientist's work.
>>
>>9154376
you fell for the "scientists are smart" meme
>>
>>9154386
>>9154387

He told some girl he was a scientist who develops the drugs himself on his livestream. One night he was fucking around on ChemDraw but all he was doing was putting random functional goups on a ketamine skeleton.
>>
File: foKENREEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
foKENREEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>9154465

Money is just a means to an end.

Just imagine if people who actually drive the world forward had the money and not bureaucrats/politicians/crony businessmen?
>>
>>9154387
Right, yeah, when the Nazis were overthrown, the reichsmarks and the rich businessmen were earmarked for immediate extraction.

Oh wait, the RM was worthless and the businessmen were shot. It was the scientists and their data that was paper clipped for immediate extraction. It was the scientists who were given immunity and forgiveness for being man killers and human vivisectionists. It was the scientists that had any lasting value to history and society, not currency and status.
>>
>>9154376
Martin is headed to prison. So there's that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.