[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If electricity is the movement of electrons from one atom to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Electromagnetism.png (96KB, 651x710px) Image search: [Google]
Electromagnetism.png
96KB, 651x710px
If electricity is the movement of electrons from one atom to another, what is electricity?
>>
FUCK I meant what is magnetism?
>>
>>9153234
Electricity viewd from a different point of view :^). Look up reference frames transformation in EM though, fundamnetaly, it's only the electromagnetic field.
>>
>>9153234
The "force" with electricity and current for charge.
Special relativity rather satisfyingly shows it as a manifestation of electric force.
>>
>>9153226
>If electricity is the movement of electrons from one atom to another, what is electricity?
the movement of electrons from one atom to another
>>
File: 1482881495921.png (49KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482881495921.png
49KB, 800x450px
>>9153234
magnetism is electric force of a moving charge .
a wire with a current is neutral to you but because the atoms and electrons are moving at different speeds the wire is charged to anyone moving relative to you which is why another wire going the same way will be attracted to it .
>>
>>9153237
>>9153274
>>9153297
Thanks for responding but I don't understand any of that. Basically I want to know, why are certain materials affected by magnetic fields and others aren't, and those that are, what is physically causing them to move?
>>
>>9153308
Open a textbook nigger. It's obviously not trivial.
>>
>>9153308
At least try, man. Don't use that same old cop-out of "this is too tough to understand." Just research the terms you don't know and put the pieces together. You're gonna have to do this a lot if you want to be good at anything.
>>
>>9153316
>>9153317
Okay, okay. I just ask because I'm reading a textbook about electricity and it talks about magnetism but doesn't explain it as well as it does electricity. I accepted it at first but now it's talking about inductance and I don't fully understand what it is or its purpose. All it says is that some energy is "stored" as magnetism or something. Does that just mean that the energy used to produce an electric current is divided between the current itself and the magnetic field it creates, or do I have that wrong?
>>
>>9153308
told u senpai 'magnetism' dosnt exist , its just lorentz transformed electric fields which cause stuff to move because of electric force between positive and negative charges
>>
Inductances are like resistences but they create a magnetic field instead of heating, The new thing is that the magnetic force creates a opposite force against the on created by the current or something and that does some crazy things to the AC current
I may sound like a retard not a English native speaker
>>
>>9153332
OP, suppose we have a volume of a substance, this substance is made of tiny particles we will name: Roger (Atoms or molecules if you are a hipster).

So, A Roger has a intrinsic magnetic field, if the Rogers are spread diffusely and randomly, for each Roger pointing at a certain direction there is another Roger pointing at the opposite direction, and the magnetic field of the role body os neglect-able.

Now, we put a magnetic field near it, and 3 things can happen:

- The Magnetic Field of the Rogers in the material is not easily rearranged to match the direction of the field, so there will be no relevante interaction but a repulsive force related to the electrons of the atoms, but is really weak and nobody care about it, it is called Diamagnetism

- The Magnetic Fields intrinsic to the Rogers are resonably rearranged by the magnetic field, causing the material to become attract to the magnetic field and becoming a temporary magnet itself, this is paramagnetism

- Ferrimagnetism is the only left, it works on the same principle as paramagnetism, but the the magnetic fields in somes crystals or metals are not THAT random, they are already organized in blocks due to mutual attraction between rogers, so the effect occurs in Block alignment and it is stronger.

The magnetic attraction of matter is generated by the electric charges and intrinsic spins in the Rogers of the matter being align in the right way.
>>
File: 56488.png (228KB, 349x315px) Image search: [Google]
56488.png
228KB, 349x315px
>>9153316
Top answer.
>>
When in doubt, make a fluid dynamics simulation

My guess is that the electrons have paddles that make everything around them rotate sideways passing through the ether but it might be more complex involving going in and out of the 3-brane by using a higher dimension

The paddle idea also creates outward motion but maybe if it involves going in and out of the brane it might be done without any unnecessary outward acceleration component
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.