[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

makes me a tad "nervous" tbqh fem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

makes me a tad "nervous" tbqh fem
>>
>>9151595
now grab that and put it into an artificial biomechanical body

easy immortality is easy

>inb4 muh alzheimer
>>
>>9151595
it lacks the eyes.
>>9151609
you didnt think it through. it needs nutrients and substances. and a scaffold. and you don't have the slightest clue how to make an interface.
>>
>>9151609
An artificial body won't stop your neurons from aging and dying
>>
File: anon's classmate.jpg (29KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
anon's classmate.jpg
29KB, 852x480px
>>9151738

He can just walk really slowly.Read some Einstein sweetie.
>>
>>9151738
the trick is to build long-lasting synthetic neurons and slowly switch it like the Ship of Theseus
>>
>>9151609
The even better thing to do.
>Frontal lobotomy
>Install electronics package in place
>Programmable human
Imagine the applications. Do you think this is being worked on somewhere in an underground bunker?
>>
>>9152219

Frederick the great already did it long ago without modern bio-engineering or robotics -- it's called public schools.
>>
If that's my CNS what's inside me rn wtf im scared now
>>
File: arm.jpg (8KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
arm.jpg
8KB, 309x163px
>>
File: nerves 1415736823487.jpg (313KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
nerves 1415736823487.jpg
313KB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>9152274

you gotta lift dude
>>
>>9152274
>You now realize tha'ts bassically everything that makes you you
>the rest is just life support.
>>
File: m3_motherbrain1_sm.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
m3_motherbrain1_sm.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>9151721
>>9151738
google "immortal chicken heart"

Some guy kept a chicken heart alive indefinitely in a glass jar by replacing the fluids in the jar every day or so. I'd imagine you could do the same with a brain and keep it alive indefinitely kinda like the jars in head in Futurama.

The real question is, would a clear transparent jar (so I can look like Mother Brain some evil villain) have any effect on the brain? Can the brain get a sunburn?
>>
>>9152463
>chicken heart
>alive
>>
>>9152274
damn this pic is amazing
>>
>>9152463
All we need to achieve way longer lifespans is getting a way to feed our brain outside our bodies and have a way to send and receive information from it.
>>
>>9152502
>organs work forever as long as you feed them
>>
>>9151609
Only "but it'd just be a copy!" brainlets opt for bio-integrated immortality. Patrician immortals are 100% machine.
>>
Why does looking at that make me feel so uncomfortable
>>
>>9152792
Because your brain normally gives you the illusion of being some magical cartoon person and this picture breaks that illusion by showing you you're really a horrifying dead tree jelly mollusk wrapped in a few layers of meat.
>>
>>9152582
>way longer
>forever
hmmm
>>
>>9152845
same thing since neither are true
>>
>>9152845
>way longer
?
>>
>>9152805
i mean, at least we weren't born as some fruit fly right?
>>
>>9152901
Being a fruit fly would be wonderful. You would be so retarded that you wouldn't know anything, it's perfect. Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>9152909
i thought knowledge was power. why be powerless? i mean do you really want to live not realizing you've been eating shit like an idiot?
>>
>>9152805
you are not even that, only a small region of the brain is responsible for conscious thought
>>
>>9151738
you would need nanomachines that can manipulate processes within a cell, they could remove beta amyloid plaques, replace damaged dna, as long as the system is well managed and you have energy you could live indefinitely
>>
>>9152805
feels bad
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.