[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People always talk about going forwards or backwards in time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: time graph.png (6KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
time graph.png
6KB, 960x540px
People always talk about going forwards or backwards in time, but what would happen if you went UP in time?
>>
>>9151537
That really electrifies my synapses
>>
>>9151537

Define the difference between up and down in time.

What would an observe actually experience?
>>
We only talk about going forwards or backwards in time because of how our language works.

Chinese actually go down in time. If some system wrote upwards, they'd probably go up in time. And there are Peruvians who say the future is behind them, so they're going back in time when we go forward.
>>
You stay in the same time, but you move to a different space.
>>
>>9151567
>We only talk about going forwards or backwards in time because of how our language works.
This.

There is no 'forward' in time. It's just a linear model we use in order to visualise the changes of states. A to B. Past to future. Young to Old. Time is an illusion.
>>
You're just playing with words. How do you expect anyone to answer when you don't even know what you're asking?
>>
>>9151537
Two time theories don't really exist.
>>
'time' is a degenerate dimension , only now exists there's no 'after' or 'before' . theres only one moment and no proof any others exist.
>>
File: 1503284652542.png (279KB, 478x603px) Image search: [Google]
1503284652542.png
279KB, 478x603px
i'll give a real answer because everyone else is retarded with muh time illusion bullshit

imagine a ball on an x/y grid moving 1 unit of space per 1 unit of time. so at t = 1 the ball will be at x = 1.

if you move from t = 0 to towards t = i (upwards in time), the ball moves towards y = 1 (instead of x = 1), in a straight line.

you can do some fun rotation stuff too, but basically moving up in time is like going into alternate timelines where stuff moved differently

after all, time is just a measure of change
>>
>>9151594
>implying you didn't write this seven minutes ago
>implying you won't read this until after I post it
Yeah there's no proof of the continuity of time. None.
>>
>>9151606
there is none , find one piece of evidence for it that doesn't assume its existence in advance .
if you just assume things before proving them pretty much anything can be handwaved
>>
>>9151600
>time is just a measure of change
>time isn't a dimension
>therefore 'time' is an illusion
Was my point, faggot. >>9151581
>>
Translator student here. This is just a semantics problem. You see, we configure our languages in a matter of verticality, and so you have expressions like "I'm feeling up" or "I'm falling sick". This problem also goes to horizontality, where you have your experience of travelling and experiencing the world. So you say you go "forwards" in time because your experience of life is horizontal. This is called image schema in linguistics, more accurately the path schema. If we configured our experience through life in a vertical way, we probably would say that we travel "up" in time instead of "forwards".
>>
>>9151537
Transcendent space-time browsing.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_time
>>
>>9151793
this is the only reply to this thread that wasn't made by a pseudo-intellectual brainlet
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_time
>>
>>9151537
Time is a one dimensional construct so it only makes sense to go in two opposite directions.
What you are asking does not make sense in the ordinary concept of time.
Maybe some autism like this:
>>9151793
>>9151868
Is more suited to your preferences.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.