[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>please dont delete this, there is a reason why i posted this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: zri_ilo.jpg (8KB, 170x214px) Image search: [Google]
zri_ilo.jpg
8KB, 170x214px
>please dont delete this, there is a reason why i posted this in /sci/ thank you

I'll keep this as short as possible, here's my situation;
>I'm 23
>about to cont. education this year - (HS level education) gymnasium 1st year
>meaning ill be 28 when i 'graduate'
>(very long and depressing story as to why, to keep it short ill just cont.)
>just realized, at 23 that i am interested in science - generally
>i specifically like ALL of these; biochem, chem, math, physics, cosmology/astronomy but still didnt decide on what to pursue
>dont know that much, by now i literally forgot everything i learned in primary, im an uneducated, literal baboon, above average intelligence, basically ''WASTED POTENTIAL!''
>still dont know what exactly i want

My questions are;
1. given my situation and age, should i even bother with pursuing sci major starting at 28
2. given my situation and age, which one (biochem, chem, math, physics, cosmology/astronomy) would be the best choice for me?

All i want in life is to help/contribute to humanity doing what i love.
quality of life is also important when answering...

please answer, im hopeless
>>
>>9149941
George Green become an undergrad at age 40 and did amazing things (you learn about various things he did in the undergrad courses partial differential equations and calc 3/4) so you should start if you like it enough as you never know

just do whatever you like more bro. you can always sit in/audit classes to subjects you think you'll enjoy as nobody will notice or care if it's not an upper level class with few students (worst case teacher asks you to leave)
>>
>Reminder: /sci/ is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.
>>
>>9149941
>My questions are;
>1. given my situation and age, should i even bother with pursuing sci major starting at 28
Yes. Timeing is irrelevant, everyone's journey happens at a different pace.
>2. given my situation and age, which one (biochem, chem, math, physics, cosmology/astronomy) would be the best choice for me?
Regardless of your backround do which one you think of first. Pick the one your most interested in, that will give you the drive and motivation to pursue and follow through.
>>
>>9149941
You'll probably want to stay away from pure science if you don't plan on doing grad school. 28 would be a perfectly acceptable age to enter a doctorate program, but it seems like you'll be wanting to earn money immediately, so I'd go with the easy Middle-Middle class ticket and pick engineering or computer science. You'll only need an undergraduate degree.
>>
>>9149951
Sorry, I misunderstood. 28 is still fine to enter an undergrad program, but fuck, why are you wasting four years on a high school diploma at your age? Not sure what country you're in, but if it's anything like the US, you can go to community college for a year or two, get up to speed in remedial/basic maths and sciences, knock some gen ed credits out of the way, and then transfer to a 4 year state school. I know because I did it, and so did a ton of other people on this board. Got dat GED when I was 16 and then realized I was a scumbag at 21.
>>
>>9149947
>>9149949
thank you

>>9149954
im not really sure about anything regarding education because im not informed about the subject matter. also i would like to attend uni abroad if possible or is that a bad idea?
(hence why i thought i should get a hs diploma since its one of the requirements, no?)
>>
>>9149957
forgot to add; one more reason i decided to get a hs diploma (gymnasium) is because i forgot everything i learned in primary and i am currently LITERALLY uneducated so going straight to uni level programs would be a bad idea when you dont even know simple math.
>>
>>9149959
>I forgot how to do arithmetic

Lmao you arent too old to get an education, but you may be too retarded
>>
If you dont smoke and arent fat chances are you will live well into your 80s and maybe longer

28 is still young

however stop wasting time with a HS diploma, you can learn that stuff much faster by self-studying, maybe with occasional tutoring
>>
>>9149959
Where are you from? US schools don't give financial aid to international students, so if you're rich and can afford to drop $90k/year for tuition and living expenses, sure, come here, but if not, stay where you are.

I'm American and I stopped attending school in the 7th grade. At 16 I took a few classes and the GED, proving I could read, write, and perform basic arithmetic. When I started community college at 21, I didn't even know how to solve simple linear equations for x, like in 3x-6=5x+67. Now I have a bsc in electrical. Don't waste time on a HS diploma if you don't have to.
>>
>>9149941
Do whatever your heart desires, dude. We only get one shot at life. If pursuing whatever level of education you're after would make you feel complete, why not do it? It's never too late.
>>
>>9149976
well for one, im most definitely not rich, which is one of the reasons why im in this situation in the first place. i am from croatia, eu.

and basically as far as math goes i think you misunderstood what i said. i know the very basics of math and anything in math that can be solved by logic, that linear equation you just showed for example, even though i forgot how to do it - but i couldnt do more complex equations, thats for sure... (thats what i meant when i said 'simple math')

also, i would like to learn every single bit of information possible that you would normally learn in HS or a gymnasium (out of non trivial subjects such as math, physics, bio, chem..etc.) since i figured, for example, what you learn in hs level chem. is needed for higher education chem.? no?

i mean, im 99% sure, that if i went to university as i am right now, i would fail instantaneously.
>>
File: 1361420145458.png (107KB, 1279x920px) Image search: [Google]
1361420145458.png
107KB, 1279x920px
>>9149941
>i
>>
>>9150065
I don't see the point of following every single grammatical rule and respecting punctuation, unless it completely changes the context of a sentence, when making a 'message' on a forum. That said, I'm not the biggest fan of prejudice but I will gladly type my messages this way if that will make you help me, because I am completely hopeless right now and any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>9150078
I don't see the point of getting so buttmad
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.