[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deriving Quadratic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: hard.png (47KB, 1285x554px) Image search: [Google]
hard.png
47KB, 1285x554px
>>
[eqn] ax^2 + bx + c = a\big(x+\frac{b}{2a}\big)^2 - \frac{b^2}{4a} + c = 0 [/eqn] as is easily proved by expanding the right hand side. Hence
[eqn] \big(x + \frac{b}{2a}\big)^2 = \frac{b^2}{4a^2} - \frac{c}{a} [/eqn]
Taking the square root of both sides
[eqn] x + \frac{b}{2a} = \pm \sqrt{\frac{b^2}{4a^2} - \frac{c}{a}} [/eqn]
Subtrating [math] b/2a [/math] frmo both sides
[eqn] x = -\frac{b}{2a} \pm \sqrt{\frac{b}{4a^2} - \frac{c}{a}} = -\frac{b}{2a}
\pm \frac{1}{2a}\sqrt{b^2 - 4ac} = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt{b^2 - 4ac}}{2a} [/eqn]
>>
Now we have arrived at a way to figure out values of [math] x [/math] that will satisfy [math] ax^2 + bx + c [/math]
>>
>>9149884
ax2+bx+c = 0 that is

sage
>>
>>9149874
what happens when all the African children are dead? is it any child that enters Africa? only those that are born in Africa? only black babies of African descent? I need specifics.
>>
Can some one tell me the formula for the roots of a degree five polynomial
>>
>>9149874
I'd press it, no hesitation.
>>
>>9149904
rational root theorem
>>
>>9149929
why don't they teach this in precalc?
i guess because it only works for integer coefficients
>>
>>9149904
Closed formula doesn't exist
>>
>>9149874
i would abuse the button like a maniac

>kills african children
ok africa, make me your king or i will voodookill your children.
i can stop time AND have my own continent now!
where is the downside?
>>
>>9149874
I thought these were meant to be made with a cost/negative outcome in the second box. It isn't a hard decision if it is two good things.
>>
>>9149874
when do the children die if time is stopped
>>
>>9149874
I will slow down time so that I can spend as much time as I need to press the button until they are all dead before returning to normal time giving off the illusion that while I would have lived many years just standing their pressing the button the rest of the world would only endure another second before the entire population of africa seemingly fell dead at an instant.
>>
>>9149874
My second or earth second? Either way, smash that motherfucker
>>9149938
Yeah but you can't control which kid dies. Either you collect the whole African population in one place to demonstrate your power or you kill most of Africa's kids to prove it, in which case you've lost most of your leverage and you're about to be beset upon by mobs of angry parents
>>
>>9149874
I would slow time so much that I wouldn't even use one second
>>
>>9149937
Just the 3rd and 4th nomial eq. exist right?
>>
What happens if you run out of nigglets?
>>
>>9149996
>you're about to be beset upon by mobs of angry parents
*slow time*
*appear to teleport behind them*
psssh... nothing personnel, Igwe
>>
>>9150042

[eqn] \textrm{What about slowing time to 0.001 seconds, using your power to relocate Kangz to some other hellhole---then continue using your power as normal?} [/eqn]
>>
>>9149874
Why wouldn't you press it? There's literally no downsides.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.