[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to kill myself. I also want to use this opportunity to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

I want to kill myself.
I also want to use this opportunity to test quantum immortality.

I'm having trouble setting up the experiment.
Any ideas?
>>
Kys
>>
>>9149070
That is the idea.

I read an interesting idea
>buy single lottery ticket
>set bomb to go off if I don't win

The issue is that if I do win, the result would be inconclusive...
>>
Play Russian Roulette. Jack off to the idea of affixing the word "quantum" to what you're doing. See if you successfully achieve orgasm.

Experiment accomplished.
>>
>>9149080
Russian roulette is interesting.

Implying quantum immortality is real, how can others die and you don't?

It seems to be that the inly way this can happen is if world lines don't collapse, but exist in parallel
>>
>>9149099
Hurry up and kys
>>
Don't do it op
>>
The problem with the experiment is that it wont work, since I'm the real conscious one and you're the unfeeling reflection of humanness that exists in 7 billion bags of matter besides myself.
Therefore, you will just die, since nothing is trying to keep you alive. QI only works if you are conscious and the actual living entity, not just some empty animal.
Therefore, it would work if I tried it, but it won't work when you do. Sorry!
If you think I'm wrong, and that you're the real one, that's because it's what you are animalistically programmed to do.
>>
>>9149153
Kek
>>
>>9149017
Quantum immortality is the biggest horseshit. If it was true, you'd get mindwiped by the other (yous) all the time. And why is it death that triggers this jump? Atomically a dead person and a living person are not different. The cessation of brain activity isn't a big enough change to warrant breaches into other universes. And even if it was true, then given what we understand of the universe and how biology and behavior work, then these crazy non-deterministic universes are just hogwash, fiction. All the other (you)s will live your life down to every detail. They will make the same mistakes, act the same way and die the same death.
>>
>>9149327
You are right.

Thanks.
>>
File: 1388767845138.png (57KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1388767845138.png
57KB, 200x200px
>>9149017
>>
>>9149017
Atheism. Not even once.
>>
File: quantum immortality can.png (135KB, 306x346px) Image search: [Google]
quantum immortality can.png
135KB, 306x346px
>>9149017
just have a machine generate randomly either a 0 or a 1. it has to generate this by collapsing a wavefunction and observing one of two outcomes so i think the cheapest is some kind of quantum tunneling diode, but your suicidal ass can argue macro-sized shit like russian roulette can be affected by quantum mechanics. even if by an incredibly small percentage EPSILON, it's enough to demonstrate quantum immortality.

if 1, have it kill you somehow. hack something to pull the trigger when the rng gives 1. i would use an electric chair cuz then you can sell the script to prisoners on death row who wanna try and see if quantum immortality is real.

your proof: you're the observer of a collapsing wavefunction, which leads to two outcomes, A (1) and B (0). if outcome A were to be a reality where you are dead, then you would continue to observe within outcome B. but for you observing someone else using your machine: most of the time you will end up in an outcome where your friend eventually gets a 1 and dies, but your friend will continue to always observe 0. so you have M * EPSILON^N chance that you publish, where N is the number of trials and M is the number of dumbass peer reviewers you rope into this.

i think it's bs because the collapse of a wavefunction is instantaneous, but your death is not. as the collapse of your wavefunction causes decoherence to propagate (at the speed of light) from the gun or electric chair to your body, by the time it reaches your brain outcome A (or outcome B) has been your reality for vast milliseconds. even if you can reduce your death time to femtoseconds, picoseconds, mere slices of time, the smallest quanta the quantum nature of nature will allow, your death has been decided, as surely as if it was decided since the day you were born. BITCH.
>>
>>9149017
honestly dude, you should try out sleep paralysis instead of that nonsense if you want to see your self in ghost form
>>
>>9149549
basically this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.