[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grad school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Capture+_2017-08-30-15-29-48.png (859KB, 2392x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-08-30-15-29-48.png
859KB, 2392x1440px
After I am admitted to grad school for chemistry, when do I start? That summer? The coming fall? Thank you.
>>
And here ladies and gentleman is the proof that a undergrad means shit in this day and age. This retard can't barely conceive the notion that this answer may vary based on his particular program or method of entry and that his best approach would be looking at his particular institution.
>>
>>9148884
I'm guessing this retard hasn't even started their undergrad yet and is just thinking they're automatically going to be a chemistry grad student.
>>
Really depends. How big the program is, how popular your advisor is/desirable to join his group, how large your incoming class is, your selection of possible advisors.

Me personally, I had a small incoming class of 29. My number one choice was THE guy to join but he was able to take 2-3 students. I moved in about a month before the semester start and immediately began attending his group meetings and getting involved. Joined his group the day before the official start of the semester. He was the main reason I chose where to go but my two back up Professors were half bad options.
>>
>>9149348
Weren't half bad.
>>
Thank you for actually being kind and answering. I asked because the grad student in the lab I'm in now said he started grad school 6 days after graduating. I didn't know if that was part for the course.
>>
File: cantwakeup.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
This is probably the time for you to realise quantum uncertainty stops at scales larger than some angstrom, and everything bigger than this scale follows hard, deterministic laws.

Your life included.

Pray to Jesus.
>>
>>9150336
Depends on who the person is and who they are joining. Some people also join fucking early to get started early.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.