[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-absorbed thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1331482568271.jpg (47KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1331482568271.jpg
47KB, 500x334px
We don't know the world as is, we perceive the world with our senses and interpret the information as best we can. I would like to believe there is a reality operating indifferent of our perception.

The world i perceive comes in a package of 3. 3 realities each in need of their own specific emotional structure. One is the natural world of survival of the fittest. Kill or be killed. Fight or flight.

The second is the social world. The complete opposite of the natural world. This world requires respect. Courtesy. Empathy. Sympathy. Compassion. Agreeableness.

The third is my own personal reality. I don't know what to label it as, schizophrenia maybe. This world is the torturous world of regret and sorrow in regards to the tragedies of life on earth. It is most intense in regards to my relationship with my parents. It has been rocky. I do not come from an affectionate family. We all pretend to be strong, but in reality we are all a fucking train wreck on the inside.

Constantly trying to organize my emotions around these 3 worlds is chaotic. Each world requires such a vastly different emotional structure, i am always struggling to obtain control and maintain the idea that i have a fucking clue. I'm so very desperate for understanding.

What's your life like?
>>
File: live-or-die_web.jpg (109KB, 680x403px) Image search: [Google]
live-or-die_web.jpg
109KB, 680x403px
What about the fourth world, the shadow realm?

Maybe if you tried to incorporate this mysterious fourth world into your emotional universe you would find reality juxtaposed to your delusion, offering you a way out.

HOWEVER

you might just get more crazy
>>
>>9145298
You should probably watch Jordan Peterson's lectures on Youtube if you haven't already, I think you'll learn a bit from them considering what you posted.
>>
>>9145352

Ive been watching them. Theyre pretty good. I think he goes a bit overboard trying to explain things though. Needs to simplify his vocabulary and the points he's trying to make.
>>
try as much to play the kill or be killed game while being unnoticed as possible i guess
>>
>>9145375

Weve moved beyond that as a species. I want to believe I can offer something better, although my fear and paranoia keep me constantly conditioning for it.
>>
File: 1459321356916.jpg (972KB, 3271x2689px) Image search: [Google]
1459321356916.jpg
972KB, 3271x2689px
my world is like memories, temperature, breathing, thirst, equilibrium+inertia(spatial orientation), touch, smell, anger, anxiety, vision, hunger, "sadness", curiosity, "motivation", "happiness"

in that order of average potency and importance, though i left happiness(and others) so general it should be split and ranked higher
>>
>>9145380
i don't mean it in a literal way i mean that we absolutely have and are always playing internal group competitions. the social aspect is just a reverse image of what's really going on to make us enjoy ourselves more.
>>
>>9145489

Thanks anon, you understand.
>>
Try /lit/ for ontological topics.

Observer effect is well documented and its an inevitable consequence that measuring something also changes it.
>>
>>9145298
The universe only exists relative you. If you cannot see, hear, touch etc the universe, according to you it doesn't exist. Obviously it exists for other people but again, if they cannot perceive the universe then it will not exist relative to them.

This is why killing yourself is completely justifiable, as once you die, according to you, the universe will cease to exist. Your grieving family and friends, all of your memories and everything you could have become should you have lived, wouldn't matter to you. Because you cannot perceive these events or the universe in which they are occurring, thus relative to you they do not exist.

the flaw in this kind of thinking is that all this stuff does matter to you when you're alive
>>
>>9145856

Ya, the observer effect is pretty extraordinary. It seems like a wrench in the gears, but its an extremely important piece of the puzzle.
>>
>>9145872

This is just pseudo-philosophical meandering in my opinion. We are not special. The only reason i say I want to believe there is a reality indifferent of my or anyones' perception is because I feel arrogant saying that I know there is.
>>
is that scott bakula?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.