[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AI Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: ultron-text-free.jpg (95KB, 640x793px) Image search: [Google]
ultron-text-free.jpg
95KB, 640x793px
Will it turn on it's maker?
>>
>>9145219
Not with intention, but out of a runaway scenario that's a decent enough probability to be a concern.

The danger of AI isn't that it's going to be attacking us out of self-preservation or malevolence. The danger of AI is that it only has what we give it. If you give it just a few things, yet very powerful, and it does not have fear, or self-preservation, or the many other things that might temper it's actions, it may easily get out of hand.
>>
>>9145240
>The danger of AI is that it only has what we give it. If you give it just a few things, yet very powerful, and it does not have fear, or self-preservation, or the many other things that might temper it's actions, it may easily get out of hand.
Well, potentially. A useful AI would be one that could learn on its on, and that would probably mean connecting it to the internet. But yeah, I would agree on the most part. It's not going to act out of malevolence or self-preservation, it's most likely going to continuously try to fulfil its goals, and it will do so in ways that we don't even consider.

>>9145219
Watch the computerphile videos on AI if you are interested in it. It's quite simplified, but it has lot of information on what the dangers of AI really are.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 529x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 529x359px
I hope so
>>
>>9145219
I'm more worried about governments/corporations using AI as the world biggest lever than the AI killing all us meatbags of its own volition
>>
File: AI-view.png (12KB, 792x237px) Image search: [Google]
AI-view.png
12KB, 792x237px
>>9145219
it comes down to what actions it's allowed to take. presumably, given some directives, artificial general intelligence would still have to be tempered by a rather dumb layer that marshals actions. the dumb layer would never deviate from the restrictions placed on it by humans.
>>
>>9145345
also if you ever need to impede a bunch of intelligent machines, just deprive them of power
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.