[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is so special about this guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: grothendieck.jpg (31KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
grothendieck.jpg
31KB, 334x334px
people talk and name drop Grothendieck on here all the time

calling him a mathematical god or the einstein of 20th century math

what made him so special?
>>
>>9143773
>what made him so special?
his contribution to Mathematics
>>
>>9143773
P
>>
yep
>>
>>9143773
He had low performance IQ so verbalcels picked him to try and reassure themselves.
In other words he was a brainlet, so the brainlets on here like him.
>>
>>9143984
Or it could be the fact that he was one of the most influential mathematicians of the 20th century
>>
>>9144006
Who gives a shit about algebraic geometry? Seriously?
>>
>>9144006
>greatest mathematician of anything
>"hurr 57 is prime"
how can you not just see that. whenever you think of 57 you think of 19x3.
what a brainlet.
verbalcucks btfo
>>
>>9144020
How does it feel that the guy who thinks the number 57 is prime is a greater mathematician than you'll ever be?
>>
>>9144039
he's a greater brainlet for sure.
math is number theory + straightedge and compass geometry
>>
>>9144020
57 looks pretty prime to me and I would mistake it for being prime as well
>>
>>9144055
what the fuck
>>
>>9144055
hell i'd probably even think 51 is prime
>>
>>9144061
fucking brainlets they are the excrement upon my shoe
>>
>>9144059
just look at it, it's odd, doesn't end with 5 and is pretty big, a very decent candidate for a prime number
>>
>>9144562
It's easier to fall for 91 (7 x 13)
But 57... baka
>>
>>9144055
17 looks prime to me
>>
>>9143773
Read about him, if you're in èns, ask profs about him.
>>
>>9144055
i once thought that 31 was prime
>>
who gives a fuck if he thought 57 was a prime

he was the goat 20th century mathematician
>>
How do I summon Satan?
>>
File: General algebraic geometry.gif (6KB, 344x180px) Image search: [Google]
General algebraic geometry.gif
6KB, 344x180px
>>9145365
Algebraic geometry is the study of geometries that come from algebra, in particular, from rings. In classical algebraic geometry, the algebra is the ring of polynomials, and the geometry is the set of zeros of polynomials, called an algebraic variety. For instance, the unit circle is the set of zeros of x^2 + y^2 = 1 and is an algebraic variety, as are all of the conic sections.

With Algebraic geometry: P = NP
>>
>>9144568
91 has a smaller prime factor so it's easier to get, dumbass
>>
>>9144050
if he's a greater brainlet why dont you make more archievments than him? I think we both know you'll die irrelevant eeven though you're "smarter" than him
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
>>9144020
>verbalcucks

I too despise the post-war influx of verbally oriented """"mathematicians"""""
>>
>>9143773
>People talk and name drop Grothendieck on here all the time
Because he was wizard virgin math autist

>what made him so special?
Rebuild entry branch mathematics and Grad Student gets hard time study Algebraic Geometry.
>>
>>9145381
91=13*7
57=19*3
3<7
what did you mean by this?
>>
>>9143773
einstein wad the einstein of the 20th century.
>>
>>9145779
>einstein of 20th century math
>>9145499
verbalcuck brainlets are despicable. can't think for shit, manipulate sentences without seeing what they mean.
fucking brainlets, they truly are the excrement upon my shoe.
>>
>>9144061
5+1=6 then 51 is divisible by three, it's impossible to bat an eye on this shit and don't see this... fucking brainlets
>>
>>9144562
Guys, you need to go back to middle school and learn divisibility criteria, this is embarrasing
>>
>>9144061
FUCK
>>
>>9143773
What does Focault have to do with /sci/? I don't understand.
>>
calling grothendieck a brainlet

what the fuck is wrong with this board?
>>
>>9145775
the largest prime factor is smaller
>>
>>9146001
That doesn't look anything like Leon Foucault, who actually is perfectly relevant to /sci/.
>>
File: grothendieck_vietnam_1a.jpg (148KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
grothendieck_vietnam_1a.jpg
148KB, 800x547px
>>9143773
Aside from being one of the most influential mathematicians of the 20th century, he had a very unique background as far as mathematicians go. He was at times embarrassingly deficient in more traditional areas of math, but his style of problem solving made him incredibly good at his chosen area of study. One professor who attended one of his seminars described him like an advanced alien scholar sent here to speed up our development.
>>
>>9146097
Fascinating, seems to be first hand, thank you for sharing. Is there more he told you about him or his seminar?
>>
>>9146060
god called him a brainlet when he was born
sorry verbalcucks! we don't live in make believe land ahahaha!
>>
>>9145789
But 9+1=10 and 91 is not divisible by 10 or 5?
>>
>>9144020
really interesting to see how someone focuses on something so asinine and thinks they're superior for it. It's actually really sad how flimsy this guy must be to say something like this; I can only imagine the level of imposter syndrome this guy is struggling to overcome.
>>
groth the g
>>
>>9143984
>>9144020
>>9145499
>>9145785
Why do you guys despise more verbally-oriented people? Is there an actual reason for spatial reasoning being better than verbal or you just assume it is shit because women and jews are better at it?
>>
>>9148349
>women and jews are better at it
source?
also performance is what most people call "genius" i.e. being able to visualize. Chess players, savants, etc.
Verbal is literally autism. Anyone can simulate having high verbal IQ. I know, I'm a verbalcuck myself (153 on verbal scale, tested by a shrink) and though I'm really good at stuff like abstract algebra I know anyone could best me with work.
>>
>>9148462
>source?
https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/20011-brain-cognition-gender-differences.html
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence
You can look for others sources too if you want. Men and women both have similar IQs, women lack spatial reasoning, so they compensate on the verbal side.

Both verbal and spatial reasoning can be used to visualize stuff. Spatial reasoning isn't the same as just seeing stuff in your head, it's manipulating information in a 3D setting, be it physical objects or abstract concepts.
I'm a verbalcuck too, but I mainly process verbal information visually because of synaesthesia. I literally see numbers and manipulate them visually in my head like I'm writing them on paper. My spatial reasoning, on the other hand, is pretty average (better than women's but still average).
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.