[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transgender Suicide Rates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: gal_2.gif (805KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
gal_2.gif
805KB, 500x250px
Can anyone on /sci/ help me find suicide rates among Trans people in the US, and EU?
You don't have to link me an individual study just which websites I should go to, because atm I'm having trouble finding a source for the EU.
also pls no /pol/ shitposts, I just want to read up on this for class next week. thanks.
>>
https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

Has a pretty comprehensive collection of trans suicide within the US
>>
>>9142953
Thanks for the source anon!
Do you know where I could possibly find a source similar to the one you posted but of trans adolescent suicide rates, and or depression rates?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-01-18-31-22.png (326KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-01-18-31-22.png
326KB, 1080x1920px
>>9142976
Have you tried google?
>>
>>9142943
if you weren't looking for a /pol/ war, you wouldn't have asked here. disingenuous.
>>
>Overall, the most striking finding of our analysis was
the exceptionally high prevalence of lifetime suicide
attempts reported by NTDS respondents across
all demographics and experiences. Based on prior
research and the findings of this report, we find that
mental health factors and experiences of harassment,
discrimination, violence and rejection may interact to
produce a marked vulnerability to suicidal behavior in
transgender and gender non-conforming individuals.

What did he mean by mental health factors?
>>
>>9142953
I'm sorry but I sincerely believe this entire study is bullshit. I've grown up in California, Massachusetts, Florida, and Kansas and I have never once in my life encountered a single community or group of people in which the bullying or abuse of anyone, much less trans people, was seen as acceptable. It simply doesn't exist. These people could not have picked a better time to be alive yet they claim to constantly be bullied or assaulted or abused? Seems fishy to me. Show me the bodies.
>>
>>9143060
>he's never been harassed or bullied

Shouldn't you be on facebook or something?
>>
>my anecdotes show this study is wrong!!1!1

Why dont you go back to shouting at vaccines?
>>
>>9143060
bullying isnt necessarily going to be public enough for you to see. bullying isnt seen as acceptable anywhere where im from but it still happens, even full grown adults. plus you're one person, you probably see only a fraction of even your own communities.
>>
>>9142943
Use Google scholar lol
>>
>>9143001
there's a correlation of certain brain-altering mutations during the fetal stage that cause homosexual behavior as well as other sexual-organ related problems that often result in mental health issues (confusion of gender identity is one), and mental health issues are often the cause for suicidal behavior. environmental influences like bullying and whatever are have less impact but are still factors as well
>>
>>9143381
>other sexual-organ related problems

[citation needed]
>>
>>9143387
Half asleep here, sorry.

The levels of various hormones during fetal growth determine the development of genitalia and the brain "mode". basically if you get a dick but some shit goes wrong and your brain remains in female mode you're bound to become either a fag, an idiot or a confused transgender swamp thing.

I'm not usually on /sci/ i'm pulling this from memory of documentaries I watched and articles I read.

Imma google for what I remember and post whatever I find to support the shit i'm writing.
>>
>>9143395
didn't take much time to find it again..

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/30/us/zone-of-brain-linked-to-men-s-sexual-orientation.html?pagewanted=all

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1887219
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.