[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The state of physics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How is it? I hear people saying it's all rubbish. How is that? How wrong are we? Are our calculations a bit off or are we just full retard?
>>
File: biology.jpg (53KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
biology.jpg
53KB, 600x442px
>that pic
>mfw biologists did it again
>>
Rubbish. More people retiring than there are new students going into the field. Less job growth, due to "There's no jobs!!!" mentality. Rather than making shit happen.

People don't spend enough money on research, as a species. I appreciate the advancements in particle physics, but I wish the rate of advancement was to increase.
>>
>muh string theory
>>
it's slow right now. All the new theory won't be experimentally verified for a while and there's little to do in experiment besides slowly improving our methods. There has been a huge growth in mathematical physics but that's a minor part of physics.
>>
>>9141014
>>9141040
Aren't LIGO and the LHC doing pretty well? I mean, they clearly aren't going to live up to their highest expectations, but we've already got a Nobel Prize out of one of them.

>>9141026
String theory is only a thing if you want it to be.
>>
I would kill for a gf like that. You imagine? Should would probably do anything for you. Anything.
>>
>>9141014
>dude, our math doesn't check out
no problem, we'll just fill in more variables until it works again
>wouldn't it be better to adapt theory to observation?
but that would be against einstein!
are you arguing against einstein!?
>n-no of cause not
good, no get going, we got us some dark matter to find
>sure thing, will do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfsXdpOXFd8
>>
>>9141465
but this means that, in turn, you'd have to do anything for her, too. a-ny-thing.
>>
>>9141014
The fact that you're shitposting on 4chan right now should tell you about the state of current physics ie. very good.

There is nothing wrong with modern physics. As always, we are still trying to make theoretical models match reality in better ways and create a better framework. Nothing changed since 19-20th century.
>>
>>9142590
To add to that: people talking about particle physics probably have no idea about the ongoing research in fields like Optics, Condesed Matter (which is a fucking field on it's own), Biophysics etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.